Thailand Gym Reccomendations!

DaGenius

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey sherdog strikers...

Im heading back over to Thailand again and I'm excited! This trip won't be pure training as I'm going with my sweety but I have negotiated in some training time. Unfortunately I will not be able to go back to Sitsongpeenong as it's too far from the hotel. We're staying in the Bang Rak area of the city. Any gym reccomendations?

On the Phuket part of the trip I'll be training at Naka Muay Thai in Karon. Anyone trained there before?

The Yokkao gym is pretty close to Bang Rak, and I remember Ryukyu mention the quality of instruction is good there. Im going later this month, and I plan on taking privates from Chatchai Sasakul and hopefully Karuhat, but spending most of my time at Chuwatanna which is a little north of your area.

The Yokkao gym is pretty close to Bang Rak, and I remember Ryukyu mention the quality of instruction is good there. Im going later this month, and I plan on taking privates from Chatchai Sasakul and hopefully Karuhat, but spending most of my time at Chuwatanna which is a little north of your area.

Yokkao isn't far at all.

Top dollar at Yokkao, you ting tong farangs are too rich

I stopped going to Yokkao. I found that if I didn't get either Manop or Singdam, the padwork wasn't very good. It's not anymore expensive than most other gyms in the area. 500 baht a session. That is pretty typical.

Muay Thai Plaza 2004 is closer to Bang Rak. But you can pick up the MRT subway, that opens up your options much more. Attachai Gym, Jitti Gym, 96 Penang, RSM Gym, Elite Gym, and many more are all near MRT/BTS stops.

I stopped going to Yokkao. I found that if I didn't get either Manop or Singdam, the padwork wasn't very good. It's not anymore expensive than most other gyms in the area. 500 baht a session. That is pretty typical.

Muay Thai Plaza 2004 is closer to Bang Rak. But you can pick up the MRT subway, that opens up your options much more. Attachai Gym, Jitti Gym, 96 Penang, RSM Gym, Elite Gym, and many more are all near MRT/BTS stops.

Ok now this is info that I need. This isn't a full training trip..but I will be able to drop in a few places.

How is Muay Thai plaza? Those others I've heard of

Is just as good as the rest of the gyms. Fighting Spirit Gym use to be around that area too. Not sure if it is still around though.

Is just as good as the rest of the gyms. Fighting Spirit Gym use to be around that area too. Not sure if it is still around though.

Ok cool. The gym seems pretty close and easy to the hotel. I'm might drop in at multiple places in Bangkok but that place might be easiest.

Here's a random question. Where could I get custom shorts done with a reasonably quick turnaround? Last time I was in Thailand for almost a month so it was no problem waiting for the shorts. Any places come to mind?

Ok cool. The gym seems pretty close and easy to the hotel. I'm might drop in at multiple places in Bangkok but that place might be easiest.

Here's a random question. Where could I get custom shorts done with a reasonably quick turnaround? Last time I was in Thailand for almost a month so it was no problem waiting for the shorts. Any places come to mind?

Boon Sport for sure. If you email Scott Marr with a design, he will get them made for you for sure. Make sure you include any preference in the waist band tightness. I like mine with a little looser elastic.

Feel free to drop my name :) Matt Nielsen. Haha

Boon has the nicest satin of all the brands IMO.
[email protected]

Boon Sport for sure. If you email Scott Marr with a design, he will get them made for you for sure. Make sure you include any preference in the waist band tightness. I like mine with a little looser elastic.

Feel free to drop my name :) Matt Nielsen. Haha

Boon has the nicest satin of all the brands IMO.
[email protected]

Oh man this might be the best tip you have passed on! I'll email him today

Master Toddy's in Bearing can do custom shorts quickly as well. He has a gear factory attached to the gym.

Yeah, they are on Soi 22 of Bearing (Sukhumvit 107). If you get off the Bearing BTS station there are motorbike stands by the 7-11 who know how to get there. I think custom shorts are about 700 baht depending what you want? Hit them up on FB or their email and they can give you directions in printed Thai to show the motorbike taxi drivers. They have staff from the UK I believe who can give you a real estimate as well.

Yeah, they are on Soi 22 of Bearing (Sukhumvit 107). If you get off the Bearing BTS station there are motorbike stands by the 7-11 who know how to get there. I think custom shorts are about 700 baht depending what you want? Hit them up on FB or their email and they can give you directions in printed Thai to show the motorbike taxi drivers. They have staff from the UK I believe who can give you a real estimate as well.

Wow that isn't bad at all. I will contact them. Thank you so much

Back