Who Owns Knuckle Protectors?

spentshoes

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

New to the forum... First real post that isn't a reply to a thread, so forgive me if this breaks any rules (can't see how it would though).

So I'm interested to know the market on knuckle protectors. How many of you guys own a pair? Winning seems to be the best ones out there, but I've been working on something that i believe will surpass Winning by a longshot. Without any development and with just the raw materials, it's definitely been the feedback from people at my gym that have hand issues. I'm just curious if this would be a worthy investment of my time and money or not.

Thanks!

I've got the Winning ones. I've had my own idea for a knuckle protector but haven't been bothered to make them.

I have the Winning ones. Don't like it that much as half of the pad is forced to go on top of the hands and I find it to be too bulky that way.

Tempted to try the Radius wrap.

I have the Winning ones. Don't like it that much as half of the pad is forced to go on top of the hands and I find it to be too bulky that way.

Tempted to try the Radius wrap.
You won't be disappointed, I've been preaching Radius wraps for a while now. If I take the time to wrap my hands, I use Radius and my knuckles thank me.

I've got to admit that the Winning knuckle protectors are excellent, I've been using them ever since I realized the importance of my hands.
I had slightly hurt them in a fight, thus I started to use the Winning knuckle protectors when necessary. They're an excellent fit even though they are a bit bulky and I really had to get used to them.

Which pad of the best ? Hybrid or smaller ?
I got the elite package, 2 sets of wraps and 3 sets of rolls. I use the biggest roll that the gloves I'm using will allow and still be comfortable, so having the 3 sets of rolls is nice for me. Having said all this, I've never tried Winning knucle guards, but the placement of the radius roll just a little below the knuckle really works well for my hands.

I've seen the radius wraps before. Def an interesting concept. I kind of made my own of those, but I found that the padding moved around a little too much. Granted, it wasn't the same exact thing, but I was never sure if the padding was going to be in the right place because wraps can move around a little here and there once the sweat starts saturating them.

The ones i'm looking to manufacture will make your wraps look like you're wrapped up for fight night. Less bulky by a long shot though and it would stay in place by the design. You can punch concrete hard and not have any issues with these things now and it's less than half an inch thick.

Do other people at your gyms use anything? It's going to cost quite a bit to have molds made, so I need to figure out if the demand for something like this is worth it or if I should figure out another design that doesn't require a mold.

Do other people at your gyms use anything? It's going to cost quite a bit to have molds made, so I need to figure out if the demand for something like this is worth it or if I should figure out another design that doesn't require a mold.
Your best bet is to not spout ideas on a public forum and have one of these guys run off and patent them lmao

So what you're saying iiiiiis.... I'm onto something. o_O
No, I'm saying if you get others thinking about it to they might think of your idea and patent it before you do... jesus.

No, I'm saying if you get others thinking about it to they might think of your idea and patent it before you do... jesus.
I think it would be beneficial for everyone on the internet if this back-and-forth dialogue stopped now.

Please.

I think it would be beneficial for everyone on the internet if this back-and-forth dialogue stopped now.

Please.

I just think as someone who's had a lot to do with patenting and inventions and seen how easy it is for people to lose their invention it's beneficial not to give any hints as to what it is until you have it patented no matter how small your hints are.
If he wants to risk it that's on him.... doubt the whole internet cares.

Well I found out the cost from the company to have a mold made. Low 6 figures. So have at it if you'd like.

Well I found out the cost from the company to have a mold made. Low 6 figures. So have at it if you'd like.

6 figures for a mold, have you tried a 3d printer company to create the first one and make your own molds? be far more economical.

I use Winnings also and they are great. Inexpensive and easy. Maybe they could be improved with some d3o or similar stuff.

But the fit works fine for me. Not sure how molding them would improve them except for maybe slightly less slippage.

Can't try the Radius wraps since I also love Winning VLB2 wraps. So gauzy and light.

Back