Funk Music.

All of Donny Hathaway's live stuff is awesome

Hadn't heard that track before, love it. Nice and dirty.

DJ Shadow loved them and tracked down the band members in the early 2000s, got their recordings, and got all of their work released in a compilation. The whole thing is great. I recommend everyone picks up a copy. The opening to Iron Leg just has that feel that they are about to get into some shit.

MI0001715949.jpg

Not exactly funk, but this rhythm section has so much groove to it

DJ Shadow loved them and tracked down the band members in the early 2000s, got their recordings, and got all of their work released in a compilation. The whole thing is great. I recommend everyone picks up a copy. The opening to Iron Leg just has that feel that they are about to get into some shit.

MI0001715949.jpg

DJ Shadow, awesome, I'm a fan (even more now). Thanks for the info.

mmmmmmm yes love me some Roy Ayers funk stuff (jazz too of course). One of my favourite records is the one he did with Fela Kuti -

Just started listening to this now, its cool as fuck!!!

Yeah man I dig Roy Ayers big time, he's got so many sick tunes. I went to a festival 2 weeks ago and he was the only person I wanted to see play. It was badly organised and the queues were so big to get in that we missed him by 30mins. He seems to tour and play a lot of festivals though so will try and catch him another time.

Alphonse is a monster on the drums.

This is for @Jackonfire check out Rhonda Smith's funky breakdown at around the 7 minute mark...those sexy expressions...

Here's another amazing live Prince jam. Tight as fuck. Imo, this was Prince's best band.

I heard you were in need for some funky tunes, there you go:

Best thread on sherdog. Loving all the songs. This song made me a funklover back in the day, against the odds. No - actually, against ALL odds.

Back