MCGREGOR vs MAYWEATHER: Who Are You Rooting For?

Who Do You HOPE Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a bigger MMA fan than boxing fan, but McGregor winning makes boxing look like a joke. All the great boxers that inspired me will be made to look like they were competing in a joke of a sport.

Conor going the distance would also look terrible for boxing; Floyd needs to stop him and I am confident that he will. It needs to be Conor getting absolutely embarrassed after the first couple of rounds where Floyd scans the data.

I prefer Floyd to Conor but if they fought in MMA then I would want Conor to beat him just for the legitimacy of MMA as a sport.

The only possible way I could see Conor getting it done is if he lands a shot early behind the ear or on the temple. I can't see him hitting Floyd on the chin. The only other way he could do it is if Floyd suffers a freak injury during the fight.

I never cared much for this fight but it will be intriguing for a round or two I think curious to see how both guys approach it. I woke up today feeling excited about it. I have a few nerves going into it. I would hate to see boxing get crushed. I very much doubt it will happen but Conor will have belief that he can somehow do it, and he would be the king of combat sports if he wins.

Not a prediction thread, I know, but Floyd by KO rd 4.

Forget who you *think* will win for a second...

Who do you WANT to win?
Mayweather for once in my life. Hes on the other side o the cherry pick for once. Conor fighting a 2 year retired 40yr old.. . I get the money fight aspect and good for them both but Conor wouldnt have. Chance if mayweather was in his prime.

I am conflicted. I have always hated pretty boy floyd and always wanted him to lose. But at the same time i cant stand conor haters or conor fans, and honestly cant stand listening to conor yap his annoying irish mouth.

I wish there was an option for DQ by knocking Floyd out with a head kick.

I'd love to see Conor get a spectacular KO in Round 4, but I don't really expect that to happen. I think what WILL happen is that Mayweather will "hit and run" for 12 rounds and get a boring decision. I hope I'm wrong and Floyd stands in the pocket and trades, but I don't think he'll dare risk it once he gets punched in the face a couple of times.

McGregor, just because it's been nauseating listening to this douche bags like Chris Mannix and Tony Kornheiser shit on the sport of MMA for months on end and talk about how Conor has "literally 0% chance".

To see him win and them have to eat crow in bunches would be hilarious.

Does Floyd have to put on a bit of a show? I.e. does he at least have to have it go 4-5 rounds whereas Conor can swing for the KO from the first second of the first round?

Prediction: Floyd will win in a controversial decision. Rematch in the works. $$$$$

Floyd, I wouldn't root for mac unless Floyd burnt down an orphanage or something

Conor, by first round KO. Straight left to the chin and Floyd will fall face down ass up in the air. If I'm wrong feel free to insult me.

its disgusting how USA turns so fast on Mayweather. so shallow.

Mayweather. McGregor is unlikable, and this fight is a farce.

Well, one guy beats the fuck out of women and the other, at worst, has an annoying way of promoting his fights. Not really a tough choice.

I'd kind of rather this dumb fight wasn't happening at all though.

Seems like just the other day I was a Conor McGregor nuthugger and he could never defeat Dennis Siver's spinning kicks. We grow up so fast.

Does Floyd have to put on a bit of a show? I.e. does he at least have to have it go 4-5 rounds whereas Conor can swing for the KO from the first second of the first round?

<{ohyeah}>

giphy.gif

Why are you in the MMA area of Sherdog in a poll rooting for the boxer against an MMA person? This makes no sense. They specifically said, it's not about who you think will win... it's about who you "want" to win. You are a traitor to the sport of MMA and need to be punished to the full extent of civilized torture laws imo.

Lol.

Fuck off.

If you really were a fan of mma, you'd hate the bullshit and trends mcgreggor has brought to the sport with his success.

I want all this circus bullshit to be over with as soon as possible.

Back