Gen5 Glock Has Arrived!

I have a Gen 3 19 and the finger grooves have never been a problem for me. I'm also left handed and the slide release has never bothered me.
It's too bad Glock didn't keep the crescent slide serrations of the RTF2 Gen 3s. I loved the "fish gill" 19.
I have a rtf2 17. Love it.

XuU2UYw-pcpI90zK3d6sQjaHtA12dTa2Uk9JHWqJgPUAyElrNfc8im2udChRQ6q7xyKnTyPAE3Tuw4TCb0Boiqj_mtbpC-12UvHtHrxKyUUn1hgmUns8RkP-GJN9m0SktKwxats2DFphFe7GAM6s4LFwKkoKDDYEGc8prizbtHcr3sdxnl1WvWjg8TBB9PW_Q9dI9BA3TBYq6Y1DkQaENgTs9w_czgTeLQLS6O30ujyxedkoyyc-xeSr2K-hCdrxVGZCDadyYxFdTz-u7xfJbxA7GXr3bOBvYceT5jko9SZsrg-MSvAWIZyOAvEkZE-C1AflbIJI7ehUR5D9EGUrOCloYzB41hih4Qzo0jh1cyvEP5QeaduXfJdgSjS5xdEYTto0hL04nwfe9YeA0GQ2qtrlmP5UIK8HPlxFgmhaGj4WkaeQKZpPOpCvcjcO0008JbvjEPO0FoaztFtFOHv8KsIe41BQpg_Ed5ZpP3vhSmUb1x4T_YSyRhpARqri4Qdm5NaD1iGLiNZzaTu_nLShh9tvFVSSo6-YTFPWyvby1PhDlvPLZ90XgKiYoZZFiIgU1mOdais7s-ujpUDP5vaFPXrnlbdYHPYEs2Qnfifuc2cKXLYyc8Ah=w518-h672-no

Late 80's Gen2 19 in the classic Sport Combat Holster.

Last edited:
Wonder when the Gen 10 comes out will the Gen 5's be legal in Cali then?

9mm's are great proven effective weapons I have alot of friends that swear by them religiously! they're awesome and I can't say anything bad about them! It's all based of personal preference however, and for me personally? may very well be based on a notion and not reality.

However the city Im in and the area in which I've been located for quite some time is rough as fuck. Lotta drug addicts hopped up on crack and I've seen these guys show some seriously abnormal resistance to pain/physical trauma and I'd prefer something that helps even out the equation. Higher cal the better for me. Used to carry a 357 with a 2 inch barrel. I've literally seen guys high on sherm walk thru bullets and keep going it's fucking insane lol.

My personal preference on the matter stems a lot from a messy home defense situation I found myself in one night years ago, it just kind of hammered home the point that you want the quickest possible resolution to the problem. Like they say in racing "No replacement for displacement". But again thats just my take and what I find effective and useful for my personal scenario. I have a few 9mm's and I love em. I just prefer my 40 for carry... and an 870 for home (that one I'll swear by ;))
I think the ammo makes as much difference as the caliber. I don't follow like I did years back, do they still make Magsafe and similar ammo? I never see it here and just use Hornaday defence rounds.

MarSOC uses the G19.

Good. MARSOC and all the other guys in SOCOM can buy them up. Let me get those Milsurp P226s thank you.

@sub_thug

You guys should totally start buying polymer guns and get rid of your trash metal frames. Save those ounces for a substantially weaker frame!

Wonder when the Gen 10 comes out will the Gen 5's be legal in Cali then?

That hurt....

The only thing I really like about Gen4 (and beyond) over Gen3 is the feel of the mag release. If I get another striker-fired polymer handgun it'll probably be a Springfield or SW M&P.

I have a gen4 glock 19 and 17. Gonna have to get a gen5 g19!

No finger grooves, better finish, better barrels, ambi slide release, more robust spring funnel hole on the slide (sometimes they break), etc... improved in many ways IMO.

Dang my gun moneys is depleted for this year.

Maybe after tax returns. Already got a thousand rounds of 9mm to test it out!
<{1-69}>

uhhh... I am weak. No resistance after I saw it really.

SZ6KU3N.jpg

Pic requests welcome. It's sweeeet!

The only modification I will consistently make to my Glock frames is this one:
4002639_04_glock_34gen4_zev_tech_od_green_640.jpg

The undercut. I have somewhat fat fingers and if I shoot more than about 50-60 rounds out a Glock in one trip I chew the shit out of my middle finger.

I'd like a Gen 3 19 that I could mount a Vortex Viper on and has front serrations. Nothing ridiculous but something akin to this:
neo-website-19-e1501617156740.jpg

I prefer something a little more stylish. Like a Beretta 92fs
i had one bit man i couldn't shoot it worth a shit. I'm usually a pretty good shot but something about that gun just didn't work for me

Looks like a glock

Looks TOTALLY different.

No finger grooves and beveled slide at the muzzle makes it look like a work of art! :eek:

Next to my carry gen4:
1fW4Ncd.jpg

By itself:
bQwSunz.jpg

Will likely get Warren tac sights, buttplug and hi-dollah bicycle innertube for it too.

I prefer 9s and 45s too. Not familiar with 10mms.
9s and 45s for semi autos.
38s and 357s for revolvers.
9 and 45 are by far my favorite pistol rounds. Butter smooth. I used to work at a gunshop so I've shot almost everything.

Polymer handguns are trash. Sorry but I have to put that out there. The weak plastic bullshit that sells for a handgun now a days is killing me on the inside.
They're just as reliable. Steel frame have a much smoother feel to them though, I'll give you that. I'm a fan of CZs but polymer frames are combat tested and can go through hell. Here's the px4 storm torture test. I will never shoot a 40 cal polymer though. Those feel absolutely disgusting.

No it isn't. I own both. Fight me.

Standard 1911 and a 14 round 1911. Bring it.
Ugh. What're you a dinosaur. Get with the times old timer.;)
How much did you pay for those overpriced relics from the dark ages? :)
Your turn curator of ancient weapons.

Ugh. What're you a dinosaur. Get with the times old timer.;)
How much did you pay for those overpriced relics from the dark ages? :)
Your turn curator of ancient weapons.
My Springer 1911 was a 21st bday gift from my dad. Retailed at the time I received it for like $650. Has WWII style sights on it.

The Para 14.45 was $1200. Came with a threaded barrel, 2 mags, and suppressor sights. Love both guns.

ALL THAT SAID, if SHTF and I actually had to use my plate carrier and gear setup my Glock 23 with 9mm conversion and G19 mags are what I am taking not the 1911s.

AND OLD TIMER?! I'm not even 30 yet.

EDIT:
Also, outside of my Springer not liking certain types of hollow points (looking at you Winchester white box hollow points) I've never had a reliability issue with either of them.

Actually, my Para runs like a goddamn tank. Dropped it breech open into a fucking mud puddle, pulled it out and made sure nothing was obstructed and it ran like a champ.

Back