Best mmartist of all time who had terrible boxing?

Matt Hughes, welterweight champ of his era but he never had any boxing/striking skills that made a difference.

I got Hughes in my top 10 all-time and he's easily the worst boxer/striker of the bunch. Jones doesn't have good boxing either, but it's still way above Hughes'.

Im gonna say Brock Lesnar for a laugh. His striking was truly woeful.

Jake Shields is a top 5 all time WW. He was champ in quite a few orgs. He fought top notch opposition, I think he deserves to be called a great.

How many Pride:UFC belts or contender fights did he have... 1?

Cruz is a strange one he has really bad striking in general that works.

He's got great foot work and angles. He is not shit at boxing.

Yeah, people keep wanting to compare MMA boxing to pure boxing. It's like GSP. He has a good jab, superman punches, pretty good movement, a long reach and a very big TD threat (which makes other fighters less aggressive). That makes his MMA boxing quite good, even if he has very little KO power.

How many Pride:UFC belts or contender fights did he have... 1?
Wins over:

Damian Maia- Fought for 2 UFC belts
Tyron Woodley- UFC champ
Dan Henderson-UFC tourney champ, 2 division PRIDE champ, SF champ
Robbie Lawler- UFC champ, ICON champ, EliteXC champ
Paul Daley- Fought for SF title, fought in UFC title eliminator
Mayhem Miller (at his best)- ICON champ, fought for DREAM & SF titles
Carlos Condit- UFC champ
Yushin Okami- Fought for UFC title
Dave Menne- UFC champ
Hyato Sakurai- SHOOTO champ, fought for both PRIDE & UFC titles

I don't see how you can possibly argue that Shields is not a WW top 5 of all time.

It was still effective enough to outstrike pretty much everyone he fought except Serra (first fight) and maybe Hendricks. He even got the best of prime BJ and Nick Diaz on the feet. So I wouldn't call GSP's boxing bad at all by MMA standards...he just doesn't have any KO power.
Yeah mma striking wise he has good boxing also he had the threat of the takedown so a lot of people were hestitant to open up their striking against him

Back