Firearms News thread

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/06/06/st-louis-thompson-sub-machine-guns/

IMG_8945-660x352.jpg

The amount of dumb in the War Room having to do with firearms is so lol.

Gen 5 Glocks....

More like Gen 4.25 Glocks. I like Glock but come on you guys... no finger grooves, flat face trigger, and like rounding out the front of the slide and you claim it's a new generation? Come on... could at least let us buy the gun with metal night sites and shit.

Gen 5 Glocks....

More like Gen 4.25 Glocks. I like Glock but come on you guys... no finger grooves, flat face trigger, and like rounding out the front of the slide and you claim it's a new generation? Come on... could at least let us buy the gun with metal night sites and shit.

But the bar has been rasied...

attachment.php

But the bar has been rasied...

attachment.php
Admittedly raising it a half inch is still raising it....

IF Glock were to release a pistol with no finger grooves, the rounded front end, Trijicon Night Sights, the flat face trigger, and front serrations THEN we have raised the bar

If Glock keeps tinkering maybe they'll wind up producing a pistol I like. Here's to it.

What!? A big reason why I got my G35 was so I could laugh at people with their tetris-piece inspired slides.

Gen 5 Glocks....

I say, figure out a way to field strip without having to dry fire and call it a day. Everything else in incremental and I wouldn't want to see replacement and aftermarket parts becoming too generation specific.

Send those letters/emails supporting the hearing protection act (turns suppressors into normal FFL-regulated items instead of the current bizarre NFA/tax stamp program).

Send those letters/emails supporting the hearing protection act (turns suppressors into normal FFL-regulated items instead of the current bizarre NFA/tax stamp program).

SHARE act(with hpa attached) passed the committee, on to a full vote in the house.

Admittedly raising it a half inch is still raising it....

IF Glock were to release a pistol with no finger grooves, the rounded front end, Trijicon Night Sights, the flat face trigger, and front serrations THEN we have raised the bar
Glock has put themselves in the corner with their marketing gimic of different generations. Sure, Glock could make their pistols with all the features that most guns in their price range come with, but that would hamper what they can do in future generations. I'm sure the gen 6 Glock will have some new stippling, better sights, and a factory removable piece for attachment of a red dot sight, and the fanboys will go crazy over it. I'd be less forgiving if the prices weren't so high as well.

Glock has put themselves in the corner with their marketing gimic of different generations. Sure, Glock could make their pistols with all the features that most guns in their price range come with, but that would hamper what they can do in future generations. I'm sure the gen 6 Glock will have some new stippling, better sights, and a factory removable piece for attachment of a red dot sight, and the fanboys will go crazy over it. I'd be less forgiving if the prices weren't so high as well.
IMO, there isn't much to improve, considering what it is and whom it's designed and marketed for.

The older generations are tried and tested, I personally think that the newer generations, if anything, cater to those who don't yet own a Glock and want to roll the dice on any incremental changes they've made over the years. If you already own a Glock, there isn't much incentive to trade up.

SHARE act(with hpa attached) passed the committee, on to a full vote in the house.

Looking at SHARE, does this mean we can buy ivory grips from out of state again?

TITLE X--AFRICAN ELEPHANT CONSERVATION AND LEGAL IVORY POSSESSION ACT

African Elephant Conservation and Legal Ivory Possession Act

The bill revises and reauthorizes the African Elephant Conservation Act through FY2020.

(Sec. 1003) Ivory may be imported or exported under that Act and the Endangered Species Act of 1973 if: (1) the raw ivory or worked ivory is for a museum; (2) it was lawfully importable into the United States on February 24, 2014, regardless of when it was acquired; or (3) the worked ivory was previously lawfully possessed in the United States.

This bill authorizes commerce in African elephant ivory or in products containing African elephant ivory that have been lawfully imported or crafted in the United States.

(Sec. 1004) Interior may station USFWS law enforcement officers in each African country that has a significant population of African elephants to assist local wildlife rangers in protecting the elephants and facilitating the apprehension of individuals who illegally kill them or assist in killing them.

(Sec. 1005) The President may embargo any products from a country if it is a significant transit or destination point for illegal ivory trade.

(Sec. 1006) Interior's only means for determining whether trade in African elephant ivory is legal are the means used as of February 24, 2014, including any presumption or the burden of proof applied in those determinations.

(Sec. 1007) The bill authorizes the importation of a sport-hunted African elephant trophy if the trophy was taken from certain elephants populations that at the time were not necessarily threatened with extinction, but may have become so unless trade was closely controlled.

(Sec. 1008) In providing financial assistance under the African Elephant Conservation Act, Interior must prioritize projects for facilitating the acquisition of equipment and training to wildlife officials in ivory-producing countries to be used in anti-poaching efforts.

(Sec. 1009) The Government Accountability Office must study and report on the effects of a ban of the trade in of fossilized ivory from mammoths and mastodons on the illegal importation and trade of African and Asian elephant ivory within the United States, with the exception of importation or trade related to museum exhibitions or scientific research.

I guess if it was lawfully obtained/imported or already existed before the ban? Not sure.

A couple years ago the sale across state lines of elephant ivory was banned, regardless of legal importation. I want me some 1911 grips and I'm bummed I missed the boat. Hoping this would reverse that.

A couple years ago the sale across state lines of elephant ivory was banned, regardless of legal importation. I want me some 1911 grips and I'm bummed I missed the boat. Hoping this would reverse that.

Sounds like it might

Back