Second watch of Saul-GGG

If your scoring criteria is based purely on significant blows landed this is a very close fight, but if you put any value in being the aggressor, punch quantity, and/or light scoring blows, it's a no-brainer for Golovkin.

Huh? Dude, If score criteria were based solely on significant blows Adelaide Byrd's score would have been correct.

GGG's activity kept him in this fight, just not sure he'd have had such a good fight if Saul hadn't gassed, because he was completely outboxing GGG when he wanted to throw.

Actually, GGGs activity and CHIN kept him in that fight. Like I said, he took some beastly shots.

Actually, GGGs activity and CHIN kept him in that fight. Like I said, he took some beastly shots.

Only beastly if you buy into the hype that Canelo is a massive puncher. He wasn't at 154 and so he's certainly not at 160.

You boxing fans retards? Having a higher connect rate is irrelevant in scoring a fight. If you throw 250 punches and land 200 but your opponent throws 700 and lands 300, the guy who landed 200 had a 80% accuracy ratio while the man who landed 300 only a 43% accuracy ratio but guess what, he landed 100 more punches....that's far more relevant.

Not really. We've seen this time and time again. Sometimes the guy with the cleaner shots at a higher connect rate will get the nod. I think GGG won, but i think it was by 2 rounds at best.

The bottom line is, GGG didn't do what he usually does. He didn't get inside and work Canelo's body, especially early in the fight. He didn't cut off the ring, He was trying to play it some what safe. He easily lost the first 3, if not the first 4 rounds of the fight before he got into a grove and started to loosen up. Canelo won the 12th.. So right there, you've got canelo winning 5 rounds..

Lets not pretend the numbers are as skewed as you just stated. They're not.. 50 punches over 12 rounds is a few punches a round difference and thats why the 2 judges had this CLOSELY contested. Forget the 118-110 score.. That was horse shit.

youre failing to acknowledge the slickness factor

it doesnt matter if the other guy landed more punches than you if the other guy is "slick." most especially if he is backing up and laying on the ropes the majority of the fight.

thats even slicker and receives more points

its obvious that the 80 percent of the people that believe that golovkin won dont know shit about boxing and the sweet science of slickness

Canelo was very slick, even when he was tired. It was impressive.. What will be interesting in a rematch, is how these guys fight the 2nd time.. Somebody will make the right adjustements and somebody will look bad.

Not really. We've seen this time and time again. Sometimes the guy with the cleaner shots at a higher connect rate will get the nod. I think GGG won, but i think it was by 2 rounds at best.

The bottom line is, GGG didn't do what he usually does. He didn't get inside and work Canelo's body, especially early in the fight. He didn't cut off the ring, He was trying to play it some what safe. He easily lost the first 3, if not the first 4 rounds of the fight before he got into a grove and started to loosen up. Canelo won the 12th.. So right there, you've got canelo winning 5 rounds..

Lets not pretend the numbers are as skewed as you just stated. They're not.. 50 punches over 12 rounds is a few punches a round difference and thats why the 2 judges had this CLOSELY contested. Forget the 118-110 score.. That was horse shit.

here is the first round that golovkin easily lost

rofl lmfao

after all the emotion has died down, I challenge everyone to watch it again....confirmation bias aside.

What Struck me about watching again was the sheer amount of punches 3G missed. Canelo made GGG miss a fuck ton of punches and in many instances afterwards, made him pay.

I had Canelo sweeping the first four rounds quite clearly. Round 4 could be argued for GGG but I feel Saul landed the bigger cleaner shots. Rounds 5-6-7-8-9 could easily be scored for GGG but a round or two in the middle rounds could be swing rounds.

Now rounds 10-11-12 I had Canelo winning.

Rounds 10 and 4 could also be argued for GGG but again, upon second viewing I feel Canelo landed the better stuff with better defense.

7-5 for Canelo.

I would like to hear some opinions of those who watched it again.

No matter what, the most clear thing in my mind, you can't claim robbery for either fighter and you could easily have a case for either fighter winning.

With that said, I thought the rounds Canelo won were more clear cut than the rounds GGG won.
I think no matter what 118-112 was the most bullshit score card out there, other then that arguing 7-5 for canelo doesn't bug me at all, close awesome fight, hopefully the rematch is just as good with a more definitive winner

I think Canelo retreating instead of holding his ground and boxing hurt him..... it made Triple G look more effective imho..... I had G 7 to 5..... I understand the movement but at times he was being chased around the ring

I think Canelo retreating instead of holding his ground and boxing hurt him..... it made Triple G look more effective imho..... I had G 7 to 5..... I understand the movement but at times he was being chased around the ring

Thats weird that you think because Canelo didn't stay in one place and eat shots that it made Golovkin look good.

So much butt hurt in this thread. Can-elo couldn't beat a past prime fighter in G and looked bad in the process after round 4. But, but, but he fought in 15 second spurts during some rounds! Pfft wow that gassed out red head put up a fight for 15 seconds in 3min rounds for the remaining 8 rounds.:rolleyes: Canelo's lucky this wasn't an old school 15 round fight, otherwise he would of likely been staring at the ceiling lights.

Lucky for him he can just fight another past prime fighter again in Cotto before he retires or go after Saunders who's as much as bitch as he has turned out to be. (Thanks Oscar for ruining Canelo due to greed)

So much butt hurt in this thread. Can-elo couldn't beat a past prime fighter in G and looked bad in the process after round 4. But, but, but he fought in 15 second spurts during some rounds! Pfft wow that gassed out red head put up a fight for 15 seconds in 3min rounds for the remaining 8 rounds.:rolleyes: Canelo's lucky this wasn't an old school 15 round fight, otherwise he would of likely been staring at the ceiling lights.

Lucky for him he can just fight another past prime fighter again in Cotto before he retires or go after Saunders who's as much as bitch as he has turned out to be. (Thanks Oscar for ruining Canelo due to greed)
Really doesnt sound like you watched the fight.

Really doesnt sound like you watched the fight.
I watched it twice, the second time without volume.

Canelo fought well for the first four rounds. He fought in spurts to a greater degree the rest of the time.(and admittedly did have success when he did, which is good)

Canelo did absorb some good right hands (on the off chance when G connected) at times he ate them well and other times it looked like it bothered him. The most telling thing to me in this fight was how visibly tired (for a lack of better term) he became due to the constant pressure. Stamina is not on his side and it showed.

Listen I wouldn't speak so poorly of Canelo if people didn't elevate him beyond what he is, a good boxer. On the same breath I'm not going to say that G is any better or rates a higher position. I feel Canelo would of been better served had he been more like a Juan Marquez type of fighter. Take the wins and the loses, but prove you are gutsy fighter. This whole careful planning, over protecting, choose your weight (Canelo weight) past prime fights bullshit is hurting him bad. That being said it's not *entirely* his fault. Oscar *no balls* La Hoya has ALLOT of blame in this.

Golovkin didnt adjust to anything, he simply looked better when Canelo took his foot off the gas. Pretty obvious outcome when that happens, and even then Canelo still was landing the best blows, although they were fewer.

So my reasoning stands that I think another go around of Canelo staying at this size and having the experience leads to a better performance. Just a bit more output makes this a wide win for Canelo. Golovkin needs a knockout imo.

Golovkin needed a knockout here. He was never, under any circumstances, going to win a decision. Didn't matter how the fight actually went.

GGG didn't adjust? Are you blind? He ate a few shots, realized he could eat Canelo's shots, and adjusted by stepping up the pace, throwing more, and dictating everything.

No, you've got it all wrong. Canelo dictated that GGG follow him. He made GGG cut the ring off. See, by getting tired, Canelo forced GGG to land more punches. Because Canelo couldn't hurt GGG, GGG was forced to move forward at all times.

I hope that cleared that up for you. I wouldn't want you to have the idea that the dude that gassed and spent the night backing up to stay alive wasn't in control of the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back