NYC: Record Drug Bust, Enough Fentanyl to Kill 32 Million People

Any reported cases of 270 lbs of fentanyl in a single bust?

Imagine what gets smuggled through the Mexican borders tunnels out here in the West. Opiates is Mexicos new cash crop . They are growing poppy plants everywhere and smuggling pure heroine in a giant drug war. Where's my boy El Chapo at.

Ya fentanyl is worse though that is a huge bust for sure .

• Authorities seized nearly 270 pounds of illicit drugs like fentanyl, heroin and cocaine in a new record-breaking drug bust in New York City
  • Prosecutors said in a shocking statement the amount of fentanyl confiscated from one bust could kill as many as 32 million people
  • Four suspects were arrested in the separate busts over the past several weeks
  • Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan said 'the sheer volume of fentanyl pouring into the city is shocking,' while 'a record number of people are dying'
Edwin Guzman

447BD48600000578-4899286-image-m-41_1505840584315.jpg

Manuel Rivera-Santana

447BD48000000578-4899286-image-a-42_1505840590947.jpg

Rogelio Alvarado-Robles

4479954600000578-0-image-m-7_1505828320433.jpg

Blanca Flores-Solis
4479954B00000578-0-image-a-8_1505828329178.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4899286/Officials-seize-fentanyl-kill-32-million-people.html

Is this real or did it happen in a DREAM(ers)???

Good God...

Really hoping the staggering number of people arrested in this incident climbs just a tad higher.

Like, by a couple factors of 10.

NYPD and DEA probably supplied them with the drugs through an informant themselves then busted them for glory points when the time was right

while that is likely and exaggeration even 1lb could kill quite a few people, and if it was carfentanyl...

here is circulating pick of lethal doses.

wy1tLZx.png

• Authorities seized nearly 270 pounds of illicit drugs like fentanyl, heroin and cocaine in a new record-breaking drug bust in New York City
  • Prosecutors said in a shocking statement the amount of fentanyl confiscated from one bust could kill as many as 32 million people
  • Four suspects were arrested in the separate busts over the past several weeks
  • Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan said 'the sheer volume of fentanyl pouring into the city is shocking,' while 'a record number of people are dying'
Edwin Guzman

447BD48600000578-4899286-image-m-41_1505840584315.jpg

Manuel Rivera-Santana

447BD48000000578-4899286-image-a-42_1505840590947.jpg

Rogelio Alvarado-Robles

4479954600000578-0-image-m-7_1505828320433.jpg

Blanca Flores-Solis
4479954B00000578-0-image-a-8_1505828329178.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4899286/Officials-seize-fentanyl-kill-32-million-people.html
That math doesnt add up for my tolerance of dope.

agree

Dude I know just bit it on a Fent OD. Im not super big on the war on drugs but that one really needs to be kept off the streets and can do a lot of damage in a real short amount of time. Bouncers in Detroit tell the kids not to buy dope down in Detroit because theres always a batch of it circulating .

500 times as powerful compared to morphine. JESUS.

BRB, calling my drug dealer now.

<36>

What a collosal waste of time drug arrests are.

China is much harsher on drug possession than we are. They execute dealers quickly after a short trial. Same goes for Singapore. Surprise, surprise: drug use is far lower in these countries than in the USA. There is also much less drug-related violence.

China is much harsher on drug possession than we are. They execute dealers quickly after a short trial. Same goes for Singapore. Surprise, surprise: drug use is far lower in these countries than in the USA. There is also much less drug-related violence.
That's great and all, but I don't care.

People shouldn't be punished for using drugs unless they're harming others or driving wasted.

I once got charged with a half gram of weed.... How exactly would the streets be safer with me in jail for simple possession?

People want to get high dude.

Right.

Thing about huge drug busts is they fuck with the market and tend to cause more violence to sort things back out which ends up being self defeating because the idea behind a big bust is to cut crime not increase it.

What's the alternative? Letting it hit the street doesn't sound great either.
If the resulting violence happens amongst the dealers, while not good, it seems better than people dying from the product their pedaling.
Am I missing something?

Right.

Thing about huge drug busts is they fuck with the market and tend to cause more violence to sort things back out which ends up being self defeating because the idea behind a big bust is to cut crime not increase it.

I've killed some time playing this.

That's great and all, but I don't care.

People shouldn't be punished for using drugs unless they're harming others or driving wasted.

I once got charged with a half gram of weed.... How exactly would the streets be safer with me in jail for simple possession?

People want to get high dude.
weed can be treated differently from harder drugs.

Successful societies tend to nip hard drugs in the bud.

No body should be putting anything up their nose or in their veins.

Back