Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him

This shows once again how competitive the man is, and even if he never say it in public, it must be killing him that he'll never get the chance to avenge those losses.

Peds or no peds, he lost twice against a guy the clearly got under his skin, and was an emotional wreck after those losses.

As far as i'm concerned, DC and Jones are 0-0 right now. Jones was never clean, and has cheated his whole career. He already was blessed with being one of the tallest fighters, and has the longest reach at 205, and also youth being a young fighter. Having superior strength, cardio, size, and explosive ability came from PED's. And i'm sure cutting weight was much easier on him as well from PED's. Add all those up and you can see why he looked so damn good. He had no weak areas, since the PED's filled in whatever he was lacking.

You think D.C. Is going to say he only kicked my ass because of steroids? Steroids are forever a part of mma.
This isn't checkers. Or cycling or baseball it's a fist fight.

He got worked over the first fight. Was champion still.

Got kod the second time and is still champion.

D.C. Lives with that. It's the cold truth and
That is a hard pill to swallow.
D.C. Is an all time great fighter but he is number 2 to bones.

Sure it's a nc. But what really happened is he got kod for the first time by his arch rival.
Everybody saw it.

Steroids didn't kick D.C. In the head.

Are you dumb by birth or just by lazy abandon?

He's looking at it wrong. He needs to realize that Jon lost the fight before he entered the cage. He cheated by taking illegal substances. Had the test results come out prior to their fight, the fight would never have happened and DC would have went on to face the next contender. Jon once again took himself out of competition, leaving DC as the rightful champion.

Let's say Jon and DC were playing Checkers and DC was already up 3-0 games on Jon. On the 4th game, DC gets up to go take a leak, and Jon screws with the board to gain an advantage while DC is away. Then DC comes back and Jon wins the game BUT there's a hidden camera in the room that shows Jon clearly cheated. DC is not now 3-1 against Jon. He's still 3-0 and hasn't yet lost to Jon, because Jon cheated and made that game void. He's not "better" than DC and DC should have zero reason to feel bad that he "lost" to Jon. Stupid analogy, I know, but that's how I see it.

Nice excuses there mate but he is 0-2 against Jones.

He's looking at it wrong. He needs to realize that Jon lost the fight before he entered the cage. He cheated by taking illegal substances. Had the test results come out prior to their fight, the fight would never have happened and DC would have went on to face the next contender. Jon once again took himself out of competition, leaving DC as the rightful champion.

You seem to be discounting DC starting to break down when he found out he couldn't fight Jones at UFC 200. He pleaded with Dana to allow them to fight if he signed a release but Dana said they couldn't. He just wanted to win and didn't care about rules or things people say to try and make him feel better.
4:12

I hope it eats at him every night and destroys him inside. Paper champ.
Damn, you must have a very interesting life. Hating on a guy you've never met for no real reason, epic stuff.

One simple justification.
DC knows that with or without steroid, JJ is the better fighter...

“Dana White called me and he said if it’s a no contest, then the fight didn’t happen,” Cormier said last week on UFC Tonight. “If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the fight, you still would have kept the belt. He said cause of that, the championship is getting returned to you. The fight is a no contest.

“If he cheated, he could not have fought and cheated and still won the fight. So once again, I’m the UFC champion.”

That's the easy part. Cormier is a smart man. He understands that, logically, he was cheated. The sport was cheated. The fans were cheated. When the fight was changed to a no contest, it's as if the fight never happened.

Only, it did happen. That's where things get muddy.

Cormier understands that he is the rightful owner of the UFC light heavyweight championship. But, while the record books can be erased, his memories of the fight can't.

“I am (the champion) because if the competition was unfair then I guess it doesn't count. But I know what UFC 214 was. I experienced it myself. I was there,” he continued. “In my mind, I lost the competition. So, it is kind of an odd question right now under the circumstances.

“To me, the competitor, it's very difficult.”

Before he found out that he would be reinstated as champion, after he had lost to Jones for a second time, Cormier was so upset that he wanted to throw his UFC belts away. His wife stopped him.

He instead settled for putting them away in a closet, where they remain. Despite logic dictating his circumstance, Cormier isn't ready to face those belts.

“Yes, I am the champion. I didn't get a fair shake; that's not cool. But I know I lost the last fight. I have to fix that before I can feel completely secure in my title again.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/daniel-cormier-still-odds-being-handed-ufc-belt-120727421--mma.html
How can anyone hate on that man.

Not really a DC fan, but you've got to respect the mindset of a champion he's displaying here.

He should give up the belt and become the #1 contender with Gus or Volkan being the second This way nobody can say that the belt was handed to him.
It wasn't handed to him, he already earned it. He never lost it since he earned it.

Not really a DC fan, but you've got to respect the mindset of a champion he's displaying here.
Maybe he needs to start being fake, taking dick pills, and crashing into pregnant women and running to go get some fans.

Cormier can overturn the W and get his belt back but he won't be able to erase his blubbery face from the internet.
<DCrying>

Is 'neither' an option? They should've vacated the title and had the LHW's compete in a tournament instead of just handing it back to the guy that was viciously knocked out. If Cormier isn't the paper champ that most people think he is, then he should have no problem winning his title back legitimately.
no contest is not hard to understand? Jones cheated so the fight was a no contest meaning the fighting didn't legally occur. That is the best a cheater can hope for.

“Dana White called me and he said if it’s a no contest, then the fight didn’t happen,” Cormier said last week on UFC Tonight. “If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the fight, you still would have kept the belt. He said cause of that, the championship is getting returned to you. The fight is a no contest.

“If he cheated, he could not have fought and cheated and still won the fight. So once again, I’m the UFC champion.”

That's the easy part. Cormier is a smart man. He understands that, logically, he was cheated. The sport was cheated. The fans were cheated. When the fight was changed to a no contest, it's as if the fight never happened.

Only, it did happen. That's where things get muddy.

Cormier understands that he is the rightful owner of the UFC light heavyweight championship. But, while the record books can be erased, his memories of the fight can't.

“I am (the champion) because if the competition was unfair then I guess it doesn't count. But I know what UFC 214 was. I experienced it myself. I was there,” he continued. “In my mind, I lost the competition. So, it is kind of an odd question right now under the circumstances.

“To me, the competitor, it's very difficult.”

Before he found out that he would be reinstated as champion, after he had lost to Jones for a second time, Cormier was so upset that he wanted to throw his UFC belts away. His wife stopped him.

He instead settled for putting them away in a closet, where they remain. Despite logic dictating his circumstance, Cormier isn't ready to face those belts.

“Yes, I am the champion. I didn't get a fair shake; that's not cool. But I know I lost the last fight. I have to fix that before I can feel completely secure in my title again.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/daniel-cormier-still-odds-being-handed-ufc-belt-120727421--mma.html
I me heavyweight is the way for Cormier to remove the demons

Jon never fought heavyweight and likely never will

If he wins he’s epic monstor

Strike force champ
Ufc heavyweight champ
And wrecked lightweight apart from jon

Surely he can live with that

Back