Too bad we never got Randy Couture vs Dan Henderson

So true. Dan may have gotten the KO but just as easy a brutal dirty boxing brawl....

I think you're looking at things through rose tinted glasses. Couture was more boring than GSP, Woodley, or Corey Anderson

I think you're looking at things through rose tinted glasses. Couture was more boring than GSP, Woodley, or Corey Anderson

Still gave us one of the GOAT UFC moments when Tito called him an old man leading up to their fight and Couture literally spanked him leading Tito to cry.

so glorious

UFC44-RandyCoutureXTitoOrtiz-Rd5-Spanking-400-sg.gif

Would have LOL'd though if the ref called that a tap out.

I always wanted to watch Rampage beat up Tito for some reason<{Joewithit}>

It's okay bro. Me might get to see Justine Kish vs Nina Ansaroff one day which is almost as good.

Randy beats him.

Dan had the better career but prime Randy was a much better MMA wrestler, and knew how to neutralize power punchers like Hendo. He did it to undefeated "No known weaknesses" Vitor, as well as Chuck, Tim Sylvia, and Gonzaga.

The only legit Heavyweights that Dan beat were Big Nog (SUPER controversial decision) and Fedor when he was past his prime.

I still can't believe Vitor vs Rampage never happened.
Lucky for Rampage
f2v4n6.gif

I think Couture would have put a clinic on Hendo based on the versatility of his wrestling. While Hendo had the Greco background, Couture had the Greco and Free/Folk to mix it up and get Hendo to the mat. Hendo was a small LHW, so I would expect an Arona-like win for Couture, at least. Of course, it's Hendo, so all it takes is one punch to change things.

Still gave us one of the GOAT UFC moments when Tito called him an old man leading up to their fight and Couture literally spanked him leading Tito to cry.

so glorious

UFC44-RandyCoutureXTitoOrtiz-Rd5-Spanking-400-sg.gif

Would have LOL'd though if the ref called that a tap out.

Cringeworthy and gay

Lol youre crazy. Rampage is a nightmare matchup for vitor. A super durable and strong guy with an iron chin and crazy heart vs vitor the gasser and quitter.

Yeah, I see Vitor pulling guard a lot in that hypothetical what-if matchup.

Hendo would have stood little to no chance during Randy's Prime.

The only time this fight might have made sense with Hendo having a legit chance to beat a still Prime looking Randy would have been 2009 as Hendo really became HBomb and there was no signs of his DecisionDan roots.

DecisionDan loses to Randy almost every time.

HBombDan has a punchers chance, as he did against anyone, but that fight style was so ineffective once people figured it out (low right kick, followed by over hand right) and Randy was the least likely fighter of any to get caught by an obvious move. But maybe in 2009, when Dan caught Bisping and before EVERYONE was truly weary of the HBomb (and they knew already) Hendo could have caught Randy unawares. Maybe.

They've fought hundreds of times. Dan said that Randy always got the better of him.

One of the most interesting things to me being on this forum for a long time was seeing how Dan went from a largely disrespected and unliked close and ugly 'decision' fighter where so many of his wins could have went the other way to near god level because he gave up his grappling game and cardio and just started getting in wars and knocking guys out. After his first couple brawling KO's it was like suddenly his whole prior career was rewritten as if every fight was like that.

They've fought hundreds of times. Dan said that Randy always got the better of him.
Which only makes sense in sparring because the only thing Dan had over Randy was one punch KO power which you will not use on a sparring partner.

That said I see very little changing in a real fight.

Randy beats him.

Dan had the better career but prime Randy was a much better MMA wrestler, and knew how to neutralize power punchers like Hendo. He did it to undefeated "No known weaknesses" Vitor, as well as Chuck, Tim Sylvia, and Gonzaga.

The only legit Heavyweights that Dan beat were Big Nog (SUPER controversial decision) and Fedor when he was past his prime.

I still can't believe Vitor vs Rampage never happened.
Only two HWs Dan beat.. the two best HWs ever lol

Back