Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone playing the beta?

There are things that I really like about it, like making bases defenses to fend off hordes of zombies. The aesthetics are fun and quirky. Once you get the hang of building and crafting traps and weapons, you can really find ways to express yourself and do cool things.

But there is also a lot of bullshit. I think they have a fundamentally flawed F2P business model that will ultimately kill the game. A lot of the mechanics are built around RNG. Your weapons break after a while, and your AI defenders can't make their own ammo, which is a HUGE drag.

I've only started it, but I'm enjoying it. The developers are onto something, but there's definitely a ceiling on how much you'll get out of it in the long run because of the business model and initial learning curve. I'm optimistic that they'll balance things out and iron out some of the broken aspects over time.

The concept of Tower defense as a whole is bullshit to me. That's what turned me off to this.

RIP PUBG. The ability to build on the fly makes this game better imo. Tho I will play neither lol

Last edited:
I dunno it's pretty clear at this point that Epic Games are scum sucking fucks who just want to milk their player base. Their support (or lack thereof) for Fortnite has been abysmal so far.

I liked Fortnite when it first came out, but it is a bizarre game. it's really hard to classify what it is or what it wants to be. There's some fun stuff in there, but the UI and overall direction of the game is a mess. It's trying to be everything all at once.

If it had split screen coop I'd buy it, but Battle Royale free is actually fun. I suck at it but I usually spectate to see how I should be playing. I think best I came in was 13 so far.

Load times suck, though. Nothing's more frustrating than dying within two minutes and having to wait another 3 for another game.

If it had split screen coop I'd buy it, but Battle Royale free is actually fun. I suck at it but I usually spectate to see how I should be playing. I think best I came in was 13 so far.

Load times suck, though. Nothing's more frustrating than dying within two minutes and having to wait another 3 for another game.
That's not bad for waiting time, I'm in the unlucky group that sat and waited and then got thrown back into the que to wait again after like 10 minutes.

That's not bad for waiting time, I'm in the unlucky group that sat and waited and then got thrown back into the que to wait again after like 10 minutes.

Do you play PUBG? Are the load times better there?

Interesting... the early reviews are not great so far

Thought about trying it, may have to wait until the game cooks a little longer

Interesting... the early reviews are not great so far

Thought about trying it, may have to wait until the game cooks a little longer

Are you talking Fortnite or the Battle Royale, which is free and standalone?

I know Fortnite got pretty bad reviews but haven't seen Battle Royale reviews.

Are you talking Fortnite or the Battle Royale, which is free and standalone?

I know Fortnite got pretty bad reviews but haven't seen Battle Royale reviews.

Well, I'm not sure

Do you play PUBG? Are the load times better there?
I tried it on my friends average gaming rig and they were average for the most part. Didn't seem overly excessive.

if i get anything like pubg ill get escape from tarkov, much harder an challenging

I like how the makers of PUBG are suing in defense of an idea they did not even pioneer.

I like how the makers of PUBG are suing in defense of an idea they did not even pioneer.

Lol exactly. Leave it to a Korean company to act like they created something when they themselves ripped off another game. They should embrace competition but this makes them look like the uncreative hacks they are. Was thinking about picking up PUBG but not now. Not that my measly 30 bucks matters anyways lol.

Lol exactly. Leave it to a Korean company to act like they created something when they themselves ripped off another game. They should embrace competition but this makes them look like the uncreative hacks they are. Was thinking about picking up PUBG but not now. Not that my measly 30 bucks matters anyways lol.

I did not like PUBG at all. Bad optimization/performance for a game not very technically impressive, and you spend 30 minutes running around with nary another player around, build your guy up super carefully, then get one shotted from someone, and you have no killcam or anything to instruct you on what you did wrong. HATED IT.

i like it but the map gets smaller too fast.. if u l;and on the edge of the map u spend the whole time trying to get in bounds

Back