My career and optimism

Will Samuelson

The Bear
Banned
Reaction score
I used to laugh at people who thought of fighting success as their "destiny". Then I realised the universe will accomodate some paths - some spiritual shit, if you will.

3 weeks ago, I lost a Muay Thai bout on points, to an older fatter man. I'm 1-0 K1 rules, 2-0 (above waist) kickboxing and 0-1 Muay Thai.

This is one of those mad threads where a Sherdogger makes a claim.

Well, here it is.

In about a year, I'll be a well recognised SHW kickboxer. A real one, y'know? I'm 6ft6 and 122kg. Thing is, I'm also 36 but some kind of switch has been hit recently.

I'm throwing this here so that you can come back and criticise this thread/account if I don't "make it".

My aim: Glory. Superkombat. Enfusion (my dream). Kunlun.

Even to make it there as a journeyman will be good enough.
Most people on here will NEVER fight. Of those who do, few will succeed and of those who do, even fewer will hit recognition.
Figure myself to have 3-5 more years at good health and fighting 8+ times in the next 12 months.

Raise a glass Sherdoggers. Here's to destiny *clink*

Last edited:
You only get one life, brother. Make your future grandkids proud.

I used to laugh at people who thought of fighting success as their "destiny". Then I realised the universe will accomodate some paths - some spiritual shit, if you will.

3 weeks ago, I lost a Muay Thai bout on points, to an older fatter man. I'm 1-0 K1 rules and 0-1 Muay Thai.

Well, here it is.

In about a year, I'll be a well recognised SHW kickboxer. A real one, y'know? I'm 6ft6 and 122kg. Thing is, I'm also 36 but some kind of switch has been hit recently.

I'm throwing this here so that you can come back and criticise this thread/account if I don't "make it".

Most people on here will NEVER fight. Of those who do, few will succeed and of those who do, even fewer will hit recognition.
Figure myself to have 3-5 more years at good health and fighting 8+ times in the next 12 months.

Do you use the Bruce Lee 1 inch punch in your matches?

Does it require your opponent to stand still while you gather your chi?

Thanks guys.
In effect, I should be fighting every 4-6 weeks.
Aiming end of this month but first two weeks of Nov might be real.

The HW scene as a whole has some good guys but as we've seen, it is stale and needs a deeper pool.

I'll try and get my next fight up on here.
Last one hasn't been released.

3 weeks ago, I lost a Muay Thai bout on points, to an older fatter man. I'm 1-0 K1 rules and 0-1 Muay Thai.

Well, here it is.

You will do it my friend. Thank you for this post it also struck a chord with me being back in the gym for only 2 months after a 2 + year lay off battling health issues. 27 now...no fights but training for them. I still believe it is my destiny. you will do it and so will I one day friend. Glass raised

Just go out there and bang! I think that in the heavies you can make a name for yourself pretty quickly if you make exciting fights and knock people out. It's not uncommon to see guys with a 10 fight record on big cards.
At 36 you still have some time left to make it happen.

Myself, I don't fight often anymore (only 4 fights in the last 6 years) I am nearly 37 and have a fight scheduled in 3,5 weeks time. Not because I have to, but because I love it. I train with some of the enfusion guys and as long as I can hang with them in sparring sessions I have trust that I'll do good in a fight as well.

Believe in yourself and work hard for it!! It's all you can do!

Many thanks guys. I have been training for 15 years in kickboxing and then Muay Thai (fought under "long pants" kickboxing yeqrs ago). This is a fulfillment of something bigger, more than just from a complete beginner. The timing just happens to be right. I look forward to sharing pics and videos as time goes on.

Go for it bro, keep pushing if you keep winning just know when to opt out if it doesn't go your way as it's not worth the abuse on your body later in life. HW's are tough to come by so you'll get opportunities.

My aim: Glory. Superkombat.

So why didn"t you register for Superkombat? They had some real rookies this time on this undercard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_SUPERKOMBAT#SUPERKOMBAT_Expo. Morover they love the heavyweights. Secondly, they have excellent relationship with the Brits.

If you think you"re good, it"s time. You get older. 36 isn"t a bad age yet, but 38 will be, even 37 maybe in the eyes of many promoters. I think they had a very old HW in SK recently on the last undercard.

Normally you don"t get undercard fights, but there are some exceptions. And they also have academy in Bucharest and had tryouts.

Oh, or in about 1 year you start fighting in the British circuit? I understand. We will want videos. Hope you"re talented, you remind me about Mick Terrill. Your coach looks great. You look pretty young indeed for a 36-yrs old.

I see some talent in the videos but you must protect your chin better. You need more condition for aggressivity, you should be in the shape of your life soon if you want this.

I recommend Buakaw and Mayweather videos!

Which videos bro?

I often (and more often) post bad training videos to prove a point. Always capture my faults and weaknesses.
I have several bouts in England to match up over the next few months. I still need to get paid domestically before trying to jump in to some qualifying event(s). I have a manager and when I get a good offer, it will be because of good domestic wins and on my own merit.

For sure too, if I'm not good enough then I can accept truth but I'm not there yet

Well, I can't say 100% but looks like I might be fighting in Latvia in 3 weeks.
Awaiting details to unfold.

KingOfKings FC. Riga. Exciting times.
Next week I will spar with 2 well established European K1 Heavyweights. Both my size so I can see where I am at.

Which fighters? and where? If travel expenses are not a problem, i might be able to get you some fights in Holland. But promotors aren't willing to pay travel expenses for amatuer fighters. ( I assume you still are in the amateur division?)

Which fighters? and where? If travel expenses are not a problem, i might be able to get you some fights in Holland. But promotors aren't willing to pay travel expenses for amatuer fighters. ( I assume you still are in the amateur division?)
Hello. Thank you but certainly for the next 6 months I do have shows planned. Although everybody should want to fight in Holland for kickboxing!

I am professional

Hats off to you man. Kickboxing and mma both need guys like you. 36 years old and going for it even though relatively inexperienced. Maybe you'll do well or maybe you'll end up on someone's highlight reel but at least you are giving it a shot. Good luck.

congrats, I am similar as you, training on and off a long time, but financial issues always got in the way of pursuing fighting. Once I finally got situated, I started fighting at about 30. I am now 34 and still fighting and trying to squeeze everything out of it that I can. One thing you will have to take into consideration is inuries, its awesome to fight frequently,and when I can I do. But a injury can derail you for 6-12 months and totally ruin your fight plans.

congrats, I am similar as you, training on and off a long time, but financial issues always got in the way of pursuing fighting. Once I finally got situated, I started fighting at about 30. I am now 34 and still fighting and trying to squeeze everything out of it that I can. One thing you will have to take into consideration is inuries, its awesome to fight frequently,and when I can I do. But a injury can derail you for 6-12 months and totally ruin your fight plans.
The irony. I have two injuries but neither are from training.

3 weeks ago, I popped my elbow and it filled up with fluid. Made me ill, from fever and fighting infection. I went back a few days ago. My cardio is 75% but now some back ache I must work around. Had to decline a fight in Latvia as a precaution. Now, I am waiting for a match in December.

My injuries = sitting down all day at a screen with no option to stand. Picking up my baby 500 times a day.

I'll post video when I fight next.

Back