War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
things are as meaningful as you make them. it's just for fun. Like Dana White and Trump are the same type. Think about it. lol. Break promises. Exaggerate. Promise things they can't deliver. No logical consistency. Petty. Twitter beefs.

Not like arguing politics in this forum is meaningful or productive.

Sure, as long as you know.

I think it can be, but it definitely depends. Can be a really good learning tool if you use it that way.

Sure, as long as you know.

I think it can be, but it definitely depends. Can be a really good learning tool if you use it that way.

Well, to Jung, it also explains philosophical differences. Kant and Ayn Rand for example. I never saw a connection between these two but they are saying the same thing. They are never ends for another, they are always ends in themselves. And both have strict subjective logic which they think is objective. lol.

That is what introverts do. They put their own person, their own subjective logic, over external facts. Madmick is a great contrast. He always, or usually, cites objective sources. Like a movie is objectively good because of its IMDB rating. He uses an objective standard from outside himself.

Another thing it explains: you never really get rough with people. You stay calm. Keep the same tone. You never sink your claws into people. Madmick, Fawlty and myself are more vicious.

Last edited:
This is a nice politically correct game you can all play at work to pass the time...

Wow, the responses in that LV shooting thread are absolute trash. Breaking news threads in the WR are unreadable now.

Wow, the responses in that LV shooting thread are absolute trash. Breaking news threads in the WR are unreadable now.

They have yet to be assuaged Mr Seed. They must be made tight again.

@Jack V Savage

In February, you and I discussed Paul Krugman's prediction that "The Republic, in any meaningful sense" would cease to exist within one year of Trump's inauguration.

In your view, has The Republic ended yet?

@Jack V Savage

In February, you and I discussed Paul Krugman's prediction that "The Republic, in any meaningful sense" would cease to exist within one year of Trump's inauguration.

In your view, has The Republic ended yet?

See my comments from that original thread.

Christmas comes early -- Frankie v Max Dec 2

Shutup and take my money, Dana

Along with Overeem/Ngannou. Sounds very good so far, though I'm probably not quite as excited as you are.

Definitely think it's one of the best and interesting matchups the UFC can make right now -- plus I'm forever a Frankie fan.

Reem/Ngannou is the most interesting heavyweight on the horizon and hopefully results in a new test for Stipe.

Plus Alverez Gaethje should be fun as hell.

Definitely making the drive to Detroit to attend this one.

Definitely think it's one of the best and interesting matchups the UFC can make right now -- plus I'm forever a Frankie fan.

Reem/Ngannou is the most interesting heavyweight on the horizon and hopefully results in a new test for Stipe.

Plus Alverez Gaethje should be fun as hell.

Definitely making the drive to Detroit to attend this one.

Oh, yeah, didn't even know about Alvarez/Gaethje. Should be a real barn-burner.

Cool. I like the feel at the non-Vegas shows better. Thinking of flying out for 218.

Cool. I like the feel at the non-Vegas shows better. Thinking of flying out for 218.

Pretty interested to see what a mma event would look like at the new Little Caesars arena. The design focused heavily on optimizing viewing capability in arena settings, much like the bell center in Montreal which is a great venue. A lot of architects and engineers are calling it the new gold standard of arena designs going forward

How much are worthwhile tickets at these things?

How much are worthwhile tickets at these things?

Varies. UFC 218 tickets start at around $300. My recollection is that the non-Vegas tickets are usually cheaper, but that's not the case for that one. Also, I've only seen Vegas events at the MGM. Don't know how it is for T-Mobile. "Worthwhile" is also hard to say because seats you'd think are inferior actually give you a better angle on the action (so, like, some of those $300 tickets are IMO at better locations than more-expensive ones). You'll often end up watching the big screen no matter where you sit, too.

DLaf6JbU8AEPvgu.jpg

Man, Demetrius is legitimately great. I always forget how much so.

Good god. They should've marketed this Mighty Mouse vs Single Leg Takedown Attempt Man

Varies. UFC 218 tickets start at around $300. My recollection is that the non-Vegas tickets are usually cheaper, but that's not the case for that one. Also, I've only seen Vegas events at the MGM. Don't know how it is for T-Mobile. "Worthwhile" is also hard to say because seats you'd think are inferior actually give you a better angle on the action (so, like, some of those $300 tickets are IMO at better locations than more-expensive ones). You'll often end up watching the big screen no matter where you sit, too.
Huh. I might go to this one. I'll be within spitting distance as it is.

the two i was at were in the stands but in the middle so the cage was right in front of our view and not farther away (compared to an end of the stadium). Pitt has only had fight night cards so each time I paid $60 which is crazy considering our local cards try charging the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back