Luke Walton: "Our team (Lakers) will lock arms throughout the season"

Pretty sure this is just standard practice for Luke

9zyu5u.jpg

Trump could have left it alone, just let a few people kneel and everyone could have gone on with their lives. But nooo, he got bored and decided to rile his base up at all of our expense.

Trump could have left it alone, just let a few people kneel and everyone could have gone on with their lives. But nooo, he got bored and decided to rile his base up at all of our expense.

Whether the left wants to admit it or not...he came out a big winner from this. He correlated himself with the flag and the army and essentially highlighted the definitive problem of the left which is at their core they appear to be anti-American. The left has officially become the party that represents black lives matter and antifa and instead of shedding this image they happily endorse it. This is not how the left would say they see it but that is how it appears at this moment in time.

If you've ever read the art of the deal by Trump you would understand that he does all this stuff in a very calculated manner.

Whether the left wants to admit it or not...he came out a big winner from this. He correlated himself with the flag and the army and essentially highlighted the definitive problem of the left which is at their core they appear to be anti-American. The left has officially become the party that represents black lives matter and antifa and instead of shedding this image they happily endorse it. This is not how the left would say they see it but that is how it appears at this moment in time.

If you've ever read the art of the deal by Trump you would understand that he does all this stuff in a very calculated manner.

Well, he's definitely started a debate about what it means to be "Anti-American". I believe America is more than a flag and a theme song, it's a set of values and freedoms, which Trump is telling owners and athletes they should not use. I think it's a silly way to protest police violence, but I can't imagine getting angry about it.

Yep.

He's pretty amazing at achieving the opposite of whatever it is he sets out to do. He and Charlie Sheen seem to have the same definition of "winning".

What the Goatchise does or doesn't decide to do is of no concern to the peasants of this thread.

No kidding, this had become a serious fad now.. like the Harlem Shake and the Ice Bucket Challenge.

It'll go away soon enough.

The people locking arms are his base?

Yep.

He's pretty amazing at achieving the opposite of whatever it is he sets out to do. He and Charlie Sheen seem to have the same definition of "winning".

But what if the opposite of what he set out to do is exactly what he set out to do?

<TheWire1>

<seedat>

If Luke really wanted to make a statement he would have the entire team kneel. Locking arms is dumb.

More like Lock the 8th seed for the next decade ROFL FAKERS.

Is this a racial thing or a gay rights thing or an anti trump thing

But what if the opposite of what he set out to do is exactly what he set out to do?

<TheWire1>

<seedat>
9-D chess from a closet liberal.

It's possible, but incredibly unlikely. All he cares about is money and his image.

Or maybe black athletes could've NOT made this an issue to begin with by not protesting on national TV and becoming MASSIVE HYPOCRITES by complaing about police brutality that harms relatively few blacks on an annual basis compared to black on black and black on non-black crime and violence that injures and kills tens of thousands every year.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that if black athletes ACTUALLY GAVE A DAMN about 'black lives' that they wouldn't use their platform to tackle the problems that cause them the most harm versus the much lesser problem of police and 'the system' being unfair to black people.

And also I find it hard to support black people and their causes when we have a guy like Cam Newton in a post game interview say:

"It was to signify Black Power, but more importantly, I pray every night for God to give me a pinnacle to give people hope," Newton said. "I did it to raise — to show Black Pride because I am an African American, but more or less, I want all people just to see when I play, I want them to see the joy that I go out there and play with.'

So Newton says BLACK POWER AND BLACK PRIDE IN AN INTERVIEW and people don't even bat an eyelash at that or give it a second thought, but imagine if Tom Brady said 'I did it to show White Pride' what kind of shitstorm that would've raised. Yeah black people aren't hypocritical AT ALL..... >_>

Damn, that's some intense rustling. People protest stupid shit all the time, it's their right as an American.

Locking arms is in no way disrespectful to our country so lock arms and sing campfire songs if you must.

its a way for white dudes to show they are down with the cause while at the same time trying not to piss off all the fans

Yep.

What's your definition of winning? Being mad, poor and alone posting on Sherdog?

Trump did the right thing and call these entitled low IQers out. Lose money NFL and NBA, lose money.

Back