Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Prior service AD Marine EASd in 2001, currently awaiting orders for re enlisting into AF 3E8X1 EOD

Semper Fi and Aim High fuckers!
How old are you?

Off we go into the wild blue yonder etc etc...

Prior service AD Marine EASd in 2001, currently awaiting orders for re enlisting into AF 3E8X1 EOD

Semper Fi and Aim High fuckers!
How the fuck did you get that waiver? What are they giving you for rank?

I've never heard of anyone joining at 42. Dat super duper age waiver lol. You going to be active?

No age waiver...The AF age limit is 39....I had 4 years active duty so they minus my 4 years!.....I'm only 38!

yes Active Duty

Last edited:
And they're letting you do EOD?

Yes....I'm Prior service USMC so the only Jobs I can go for are the Spec Op jobs...EOD , TACP, SOWT , SERE , PJ....I already qualified for EOD , TACP and SOWT...my first choice is EOD.

PJ is the hardest ....but some former PJ guys told me there was a 44 year old going through the PJ pipeline ( when they went through in mid 90's..I'm assuming he was also Prior service)

Last edited:
How the fuck did you get that waiver? What are they giving you for rank?

No waiver...age limit is 39 .....minus my 4 years active Duty ....I'm still Good to Go....

I keep my Rank E - 5

That's pretty old even for the Guard.

Air Force ... age limit is 39

I have been to 3 AF PAST test's ( need to do 2X 25m under water swim, 500m surface swim , 1.5 mile run in 10:00, 10 pullups , 55 situps in 2 min and 55 pushups in 2 min IIRC)

probably about 10 - 15 guys each time.....I came in first ( the first time i took it) and probably came in top 3 - 5 the next time I took it.

while I'm definitely not the best PT God.....I'm not the worst....lol

Air Force ... age limit is 39

I have been to 3 AF PAST test's ( need to do 2X 25m under water swim, 500m surface swim , 1.5 mile run in 10:00, 10 pullups , 55 situps in 2 min and 55 pushups in 2 min IIRC)

probably about 10 - 15 guys each time.....I came in first ( the first time i took it) and probably came in top 3 - 5 the next time I took it.

while I'm definitely not the best PT God.....I'm not the worst....lol
8 month pipeline for EOD has to SUCK though.

8 month pipeline for EOD has to SUCK though.

ya..EOD school is probably one of the toughest Tech Schools in the AF......my pipeline would be...

1 week at Orientation course Lackland AFB > 21 Days BA Prep course Sheppard AFB > 6 month EOD school at Eglin AFB

Ton of lost income, but did some growing up, traveled, expanded my worldview, gained some new interests, learned some stuff, and met a few good people.

No age waiver...The AF age limit is 39....I had 4 years active duty so they minus my 4 years!.....I'm only 38!

yes Active Duty
<{dayum}>

Good luck man!
Even rolling off the couch into Air Force basic you'll be alright lol.

<{dayum}>

Good luck man!
Even rolling off the couch into Air Force basic you'll be alright lol.

Thanks......as a Prior Service Marine I won't go to BMT ( Air Force Bootcamp)..

I just go to a week long Orientation course....then to Battlefield Airmen course then to Tech school

Thanks......as a Prior Service Marine I won't go to BMT ( Air Force Bootcamp)..

I just go to a week long Orientation course....then to Battlefield Airmen course then to Tech school
Man, imagine going through boot again after being out for so long and being so much older than any of the DIs. I sometimes get a wild hair about joining the Army on an option 40 contract but I'd have to go through ALL of boot since it's been 14 years.

Back