The Guardian: it's time to leave Lance Armstrong alone

Exquisite thread Mr @Madmick, however i see that you want to fuse with the delectable Mr Dope. I can see you two absorbing each other nicely...

Except he's being sued because the postal service didn't like that he admitted he was on PEDs.

Oh look, another know-nothing. Shocking!

He's being sued because he used federal funds to conduct an illegal activity. You understand that they purchased (illegally) failed drug trial products that were to be destroyed and then trafficked them across international borders, right? Of course, you also know that they sold US gov't property and used those funds to conduct an illegal activity, right? Let's not even go into federal wire tapping and wire fraud.

Last edited:
THe grim reality is that by 2004 Pharmstrong was no stronger than other riders so he had to resort to having the corrupt UCI officials call in the riders who were beating him (and using the same methods) to threaten them. That's it --- once others started using the same stuff they were better than him again.

The most embarrassing thing about the uni-baller is yet to come out --- he probably used an electric motor. His teammates who trained with him and knew his fitness and drug program were baffled by how he would just show up on some days and ride much, much faster. Given what we know about electric motors, and the date they became available, and the deal rider 'X' came into an arrangement with the inventor (1999), there is only one logical conclusion as to who that was.

Watch the first minute of this interview with his former teammate:

THe grim reality is that by 2004 Pharmstrong was no stronger than other riders so he had to resort to having the corrupt UCI officials call in the riders who were beating him (and using the same methods) to threaten them. That's it --- once others started using the same stuff they were better than him again.

The most embarrassing thing about the uni-baller is yet to come out --- he probably used an electric motor. His teammates who trained with him and knew his fitness and drug program were baffled by how he would just show up on some days and ride much, much faster. Given what we know about electric motors, and the date they became available, and the deal rider 'X' came into an arrangement with the inventor (1999), there is only one logical conclusion as to who that was.

Watch the first minute of this interview with his former teammate:

Would you erase Mr Armstrong given the chance Mr Dope?

Two things:

1. Didn't he ruin peoples' lives that hinted that he may have not been on the up and up?

2. I thought the official line was that "Livestrong" was created to raise money for cancer "awareness" rather than cancer research. Therefore, how much money actually went to cancer research? I was aware that cancer existed before Lance became famous.

Meh. He's got enough problems being a grade A asshole.

2airdjd.jpg

Two things:

1. Didn't he ruin peoples' lives that hinted that he may have not been on the up and up?

2. I thought the official line was that "Livestrong" was created to raise money for cancer "awareness" rather than cancer research. Therefore, how much money actually went to cancer research? I was aware that cancer existed before Lance became famous.

1. Yes - on a massive scale. He had a mafia behind him dealing out punishment. Bob Hamman, a legendary Texas gambler who was screwed by Pharmstrong, was one guy who wouldn't take it up the ass. This was one guy that Pharmstrong shouldn't have pissed off.

2. It was worse than that. livestrong operated like the Clinton foundation. Donations paid for his private plane and paid friends big salaries. He used the charity paid for travel as a vehicle to fund his for profit appearance fees.

THere was also a lot of "confuse people" with livestrong.org (notionally non-profit) and livestrong.com (for profit). People often didn't know which was which and whether money was going to the charity or the uni-baller's pocket.

Even Sheryl Crow ultimately found him too abhorrent to tolerate.

Just look at her nose, and ruminate on that.

Who benefits when we already know the dude cheated. He lost his wins, lost all his sponsors, and can’t endorse anything going forward.

Lance Armstrong has done next to nothing for cancer research. Try again. Also, he tried to destroy people's lives and involved hundreds in illegal activity all to guard his ego and wallet. Fuck him. Take it all.

1. Yes - on a massive scale. He had a mafia behind him dealing out punishment. Bob Hamman, a legendary Texas gambler who was screwed by Pharmstrong, was one guy who wouldn't take it up the ass. This was one guy that Pharmstrong shouldn't have pissed off.

2. It was worse than that. livestrong operated like the Clinton foundation. Donations paid for his private plane and paid friends big salaries. He used the charity paid for travel as a vehicle to fund his for profit appearance fees.

THere was also a lot of "confuse people" with livestrong.org (notionally non-profit) and livestrong.com (for profit). People often didn't know which was which and whether money was going to the charity or the uni-baller's pocket.
At least the Clinton foundation actually did provide HIV medications to the 3rd world. Not just feel good messages and 'awareness'. Livestrong is actually far worse imo.

I have no Problem with lance losing his money. I do have a problem with that scumbag floyd landis getting any money out of this.

Lance went all Ryan Braun on everybody and destroyed a bunch of dudes lives so phuck'em.

Back