Lebron James: The real life Trueman show.

Elija Mcwilliams

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He is the closest parallel that I can think of to the premise of that movie. Since his early teens he was crowned "the king'. Every detail of his life is hotly debated morning noon and night on mainstream and alternative media.
The man cannot even send a simple tweet without 20 different shows and 100's of forums erupting with speculation. Guys like skip bayless have made a career off of being his nemesis or his defender.
pointless articles and forum posts (much like this one) are written about him by the minute in order to satiate the strange fascination we all have with "the king" "the chosen one". In akron we all consider him "ours".

He has done something that Jordan failed at. He has transcended basketball in a big way. He is a philanthropist/ humanitarian, actor and unfortunately a political figure. He has gone from being the chosen one to the villain and ultimately the hero. He has faced the fire of condemnation and rose from the ashes like a phoenix into redemption.

He has all the makings of a folk hero. He is an archetype of the mythological stories of old. We as society have helped to shape this story. He is the protagonist and we are the spectators, yet we are also part of the narrative.

Is there anyone who has been under the microscope for so many people for so long with such a remarkable narrative? To me, it is interesting to see how this is unfolding and how cultural heroes, myths and legends are created in a very symbiotic way. It tells us much about who and what we are. The truth is, we all need heroes no matter how old and jaded we get. Lebron James was happy to step into that role for us; RESPECT.

8atApHu.gif

I think all the pressure is partially to blame for his obvious roid abuse. A tragic story really.

there's only one true man show, lebron seems more like real house wives

79288d1060870700-joe-rogan-man-show-wtf-mudbunnytrampoline2.gif

2b4d58e0c138c91df30f3f3c7cb5ced4--nike-sportswear-funny-memes.jpg

I think all the pressure is partially to blame for his obvious roid abuse. A tragic story really.
It is weird to me PEDs are such a huge deal in things like MMA/Baseball but completely ignored in the NBA/NFL, like anyone who isn't retarded should know he's LeRoiding right? Yet even allude to it on the main basketball forums like RealGM or Reddit and you'll be downvoted to oblivion if not outright banned.

Same thing with dudes like JJ Watt or James Harrison in the NFL.

But with LeBron I think it's particularly egregious because he pretty clearly started juicing in Highschool, even guys who ended up thick as fuck in the pros like Moses Malone or Tyson Chandler were rail thin when coming out of highschool. LeBron looked like he'd been on an NBA training/nutrition program since middle school.

Last edited:
Marbury was closer when he was trolling the Knicks, eating vaseline, and claiming he was showering with Jesus.

*Truman show

No e

Recent Harvard Studies show that gay men have an inordinate preoccupation with grammar and spelling... Just sayin.

This is a silly forum. I vaguely remember the movie and because it is just a forum I decided it wasn't worth researching the exact spelling of the movie title. I understood that others would understand the crux of the message even if there was, ya know, a spelling error or maybe grammar mistake. If I were writing a thesis then I would have probably went IMDB and checked it out.

Gays will be gays though. Spelling and penis their preoccupation of choice.

Recent Harvard Studies show that gay men have an inordinate preoccupation with grammar and spelling... Just sayin.

This is a silly forum. I vaguely remember the movie and because it is just a forum I decided it wasn't worth researching the exact spelling of the movie title. I understood that others would understand the crux of the message even if there was, ya know, a spelling error or maybe grammar mistake. If I were writing a thesis then I would have probably went IMDB and checked it out.

Gays will be gays though. Spelling and penis their preoccupation of choice.

Lebron is the only player to ever lead a team to beat a 70 win team in the finals. He's the goat

He is the closest parallel that I can think of to the premise of that movie. Since his early teens he was crowned "the king'. Every detail of his life is hotly debated morning noon and night on mainstream and alternative media.
The man cannot even send a simple tweet without 20 different shows and 100's of forums erupting with speculation. Guys like skip bayless have made a career off of being his nemesis or his defender.
pointless articles and forum posts (much like this one) are written about him by the minute in order to satiate the strange fascination we all have with "the king" "the chosen one". In akron we all consider him "ours".

He has done something that Jordan failed at. He has transcended basketball in a big way. He is a philanthropist/ humanitarian, actor and unfortunately a political figure. He has gone from being the chosen one to the villain and ultimately the hero. He has faced the fire of condemnation and rose from the ashes like a phoenix into redemption.

He has all the makings of a folk hero. He is an archetype of the mythological stories of old. We as society have helped to shape this story. He is the protagonist and we are the spectators, yet we are also part of the narrative.

Is there anyone who has been under the microscope for so many people for so long with such a remarkable narrative? To me, it is interesting to see how this is unfolding and how cultural heroes, myths and legends are created in a very symbiotic way. It tells us much about who and what we are. The truth is, we all need heroes no matter how old and jaded we get. Lebron James was happy to step into that role for us; RESPECT.
He could walk around parts of Europe and no one would know who the fuck he is.

If people took Basketflop seriously as a sport you might have a point.

its not even a contact sport anymore - he wouldnt stand a chance against those Bad Boys and be off the court in the first quarter

its not even a contact sport anymore - he wouldnt stand a chance against those Bad Boys and be off the court in the first quarter

I love how a guy built like a tank couldnt play "back in the day" but fuckin Joe dumars and Isiah did play, LOL.

Back