PBC: Hurd vs Trout

I don't think Trout's as faded as others, I'm not sold on Hurd quite as much as others either. Wouldn't be surprised if he gave Hurd fits. Should be a fun fight, good style math up. As others have mentioned, this is a great card.

She approves
amber-heard-punch.gif
^better than Rousey's 'shadowboxing'

Really looking forward to this card. I question Hurd, I haven't seen much from him, but I wasn't really impressed at all from what I saw. I'm pulling for a Trout upset, he's taken better fighters into deeper waters and will be too crisp for Hurd I think who looked very sloppy, slow, and off-balance from what I remember.

Trout's brought in for Hurd. I think they see a faded guy with a soft touch when they see Trout. He was sharp against Cotto and Canelo. That was 4-5 years ago.

I think that Trout is an underrated boxer and I think he had some close tough fights. I also think that whoever was his matchmaker made some risky calls that didn't play out.

I think if Hurd makes any mistakes, Trout won't be able to switch the momentum with power. Hurd learns while not having his world broken.

Hurd wins by decision, but I prefer Trout as a fighter, from what I've seen.

he still looked good against a dangerous charlo. perhaps jermall faded later in the fight because he had problems making the weight but hurd has done nothing. slaps with his punches and a limited amateur background. i like Austin and hell probably be a plus 200

he still looked good against a dangerous charlo. perhaps jermall faded later in the fight because he had problems making the weight but hurd has done nothing. slaps with his punches and a limited amateur background. i like Austin and hell probably be a plus 200

I hope so, but I am also willing to bet that it is easier for a promoter to move a fighter up, then to move an older one back up.

I think they see enough slippage that Hurd can outwork Trout and win; probably a close split loss.

I hope so, but I am also willing to bet that it is easier for a promoter to move a fighter up, then to move an older one back up.

I think they see enough slippage that Hurd can outwork Trout and win; probably a close split loss.

they both are self promoted and are fighting under the haymon pbc banner. I think its a pick em fight and trout will be at plus 200 or higher. imo, hurd is nothing special

they both are self promoted and are fighting under the haymon pbc banner. I think its a pick em fight and trout will be at plus 200 or higher. imo, hurd is nothing special

ostensibly self-promoted by Haymon unofficially has a lot of involvement when it comes to putting these fights together.

I can see why it's a pick'em, which is part of the reason I see if being a split loss for Trout, even though I am pulling for him.

Harrison showed the world Hurd can be outboxed, we'll see if he learned to cut the ring off.
Trout has a better gas tank than Harrison, might get an upset.

Harrison showed the world Hurd can be outboxed, we'll see if he learned to cut the ring off.
Trout has a better gas tank than Harrison, might get an upset.
Trout opened at +200, now +170 at 5Dimes. I bet Hurd and Hurd KO last time and it worked out but I don't think it's wise at this level for Hurd to potentially drop every round and have to rely on coming back from way behind and get a knockout to win a fight.

I have questions about both hurd and charlo. So this card as a whole should be fun

Gausha- 153
Lara- 153.6

Lubin- 153
Charlo- 153.6

Trout- 153
Hurd- 153.6

Al is cashing out Gausha, hasn't lived up coming out of the Olympics.

Hurd is a huge overachiever though, which is kind of cool. Plus, he is from right up the road from where I live. However, you can tell that his biggest advantage by far is his size. Skill wise, Trout has him beat easily. I think Hurd has sneaky power so we will see what happens.

Charlo doesn't have the firepower to match Jack and Sledge, coming out party for Lubin.

If charlo wins im on the bandwagon i think. Ive picked against him in like his last 2 fights

Back