Boxing Discussion VI

anybody like Groves ITD? the price already dropped on some bookies but i still have -110 avaliable on local bookie and that includes technical dec

Cox looks like a can crusher.. never fought any top 100 fighters and he only fought two fights that was scheduled for 12 rounds despite being 31 and a pro for 10+ years

Cox is dangerous early but he defence is so badly lacking that I can see Groves getting him out of there. He tries too hard to land big shots, forgets to move his head and is happy to eat shots to return fire, works against lower level guys but as long as he doesn't land something huge early on Groves I think Groves eventually stops him.

anybody like Groves ITD? the price already dropped on some bookies but i still have -110 avaliable on local bookie and that includes technical dec

Cox looks like a can crusher.. never fought any top 100 fighters and he only fought two fights that was scheduled for 12 rounds despite being 31 and a pro for 10+ years

his whole claim to fame is supposedly koing badou jack in sparring but I have yet to read anyone confiriming it

Derek Edwards holds a KO win over Badou Jack in a real fight fairly recently and I wouldn't even consider betting on him to beat George Groves at these sort of odds.

Ismael barroso might open as a slight underdog in indio because of golden boy promoted maldanados win over cano but there is nothing that is going to change fidels piss poor punch resistance

badly hurt against this 40 year old mexican cab driver just two fights ago

Ismael barroso might open as a slight underdog in indio because of golden boy promoted maldanados win over cano but there is nothing that is going to change fidels piss poor punch resistance

badly hurt against this 40 year old mexican cab driver just two fights ago

Would be all over Barroso if he does open as dog, 100% has the power to put Maldonado away.

Would be all over Barroso if he does open as dog, 100% has the power to put Maldonado away.

I'm not buying maldanodos win over cano. during the fight atlas alluded to fact that pablo had not made 140 in five years and coming off his biggest win over herrera where he averaged almost 80 punches a round cano looked nowhere close to the fighter.

barrosos facebook does not say when he arrived into the US but he has fought numerous times in other countries as well as the states so I am assuming that he has given himself enough time to acclimate the jetlag

https://www.facebook.com/ismael.barroso.39

does cox have much chance? i want to parlay groves with someone on cage warriors. never seen cox fight. i did see above comments about him being dangerous early but i was surprised groves is -500 only.

Jamie is a close family member, I won't be betting him.

Head over heart says Groves late stoppage.

Still waiting on odds for the Showtime junior middleweight championship triple-header, but a couple of plays on this WBSS bout in the meantime:

George Groves/Jamie Cox Under 9½ (+120) $75.00 for $90.00
George Groves/Jamie Cox won't go distance (-150) $150.00 for $100.00

https://www.facebook.com/ismael.barroso.39

looks like the 34-year-old barroso arrived in california today at around 8pm if there were no delays. if he flew into lax or long beach add another 3 hours drive to indio with the weigh-in tomorrow.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/621539

this dumbshit did the same schedule a couple weeks ago, flying on a Wednesday and fighting on a Friday, and being imo the superior fighter ended up getting ktfo and was clearly out of it from the first round.

I have no idea whatsoever why Ismael was not in indio on sunday night, recky dulay in boston five days before his fight with dardan as well

It's already Thursday here and we still don't have odds for Friday's ESPN 3 boxing card or Saturday's Showtime junior middleweight triple-header.

lubin +125
trout +200
gausha +650

i dont see any value on Erickson. thought he would open as a +200 or higher.

i think the hurd fight should be close to a pick em. trout is chinny but if he doesnt suffer a kd its a winnable fight

I missed the openers, but despite his power, I don't know how anyone can be confident in Hurd after seeing him drop eight rounds in a row or so to Harrision last time before Harrison tired and got caught. I was on Hurd and Hurd KO last time and it worked out, but those rounds were all one way until it suddenly turned around. I don't think it's wise at this level for Hurd to count on coming from way behind and his power to win fights. Geez, one hundred dollar limit right now, thanks 5Dimes. 1u Trout at +170.

I hopped on trout. Will join the overs if it's good odds.

Also on Charlo here

I missed the openers, but despite his power, I don't know how anyone can be confident in Hurd after seeing him drop eight rounds in a row or so to Harrision last time before Harrison tired and got caught. I was on Hurd and Hurd KO last time and it worked out, but those rounds were all one way until it suddenly turned around. I don't think it's wise at this level for Hurd to count on coming from way behind and his power to win fights. Geez, one hundred dollar limit right now, thanks 5Dimes. 1u Trout at +170.
Definitely tailing, trout never been KO’d either

Cox is dangerous early but he defence is so badly lacking that I can see Groves getting him out of there. He tries too hard to land big shots, forgets to move his head and is happy to eat shots to return fire, works against lower level guys but as long as he doesn't land something huge early on Groves I think Groves eventually stops him.
What’s your big plays this weekend mate? Sorry if I missed few. Not sure they released barroso odds either

You guys aren't leery about the size difference? Hurd is huge, yeah he struggled in the Harrison fight but Harrison is 6'1 with fast hands & a reach similar to Hurd. Trout Is like 5'10 & not much power to keep Hurd off.

Back