Why is Cyborg praised for her kickboxing showing but Conor bashed?

DysDave

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I don't get the difference, Cyborg got utterly outclassed against a champ in Muay Thai- she survived to the end and had a few moments, but for the most part she got battered. It also wasn't her kickboxing debut. Conor went in against a world champion boxer on his debut, got outclassed but had a few moments too. The only difference was he got finished, but he did survive until the 10th.

Yet for some odd reason, most people talk about Cyborg's survival as some proof of her striking ability- since she was against one of the best kickboxers and survived, and would smash her in the Octagon. But Conor was just a lolworthy failure against an old man. Are people really this dumb?

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_3.gif

tumblr_nwg3w0v7DY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

FNqamE1.gif

Cyborg is really never praised on Sherdog.

True story, she gets a lot of stick for lack of competition and other things- and deservedly so. But when it comes to this fight, I always see her getting respect for taking on a champion in her own sport and being competitive.

Baars made Cyborg look like a clown. She exposed her for the striking amateur that she is. I don't give her any credit whatsoever.

conor nuthugger here, i've never seen her get praised for that.

conor has nothing to be ashamed of though, the people shitting on him will literally shit on him for anything he does so it doesn't really matter. they're bitter as fuck.

People generally hate Conor more than Cyborg (except Coolidge).

<Fedor23>

how about you stop being so sensitive over some randos on the internet talking trash about a guy who became famous for talking trash?

I don't get the difference, Cyborg got utterly outclassed against a champ in Muay Thai- she survived to the end and had a few moments, but for the most part she got battered. It also wasn't her kickboxing debut. Conor went in against a world champion boxer on his debut, got outclassed but had a few moments too. The only difference was he got finished, but he did survive until the 10th.

Yet for some odd reason, most people talk about Cyborg's survival as some proof of her striking ability- since she was against one of the best kickboxers and survived, and would smash her in the Octagon. But Conor was just a lolworthy failure against an old man. Are people really this dumb?

FNqamE1.gif

cuz shes a woman
giphy.gif

conor nuthugger here, i've never seen her get praised for that.

conor has nothing to be ashamed of though, the people shitting on him will literally shit on him for anything he does so it doesn't really matter. they're bitter as fuck.
Maybea bit defensive ?.

FNqamE1.gif
This is the knee of death!!

FNqamE1.gif

did she say she would win in the first? did she act like a clown all round? did she have a lot of her believe in her bullshit? did she do it instead of defending her belt?

A very small % of the sports world even know who Baars & Cyborg are let alone the fight.

I've not seen a single person use that muay thai fight for anything positive

FNqamE1.gif

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...redicts-first-round-knockout-Floyd-Mayweather

did she say she would win in the first? did she act like a clown all round? did she have a lot of her believe in her bullshit? did she do it instead of defending her belt?

You mean did she sell the fight?

Cyborg was paid 25K $ for this fight, and Baars was paid 5K$, fun fact.

Back