Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out tomorrow (also; play TW:WH with me)

Interventions can be a big bitch to handle! Especially when you also get chaos attack
Yeah honestly it's a little unfair that 5 giant stacks of chaos show up in your empire but not others

I can't imagine handling a campaign over combined maps. I can barely handle a grand campaign end game on one map.

Also - I'm about twenty hours in - can you conquer every settlement as every race-unlike I?

Also - I'm about twenty hours in - can you conquer every settlement as every race-unlike I?

You can. They changed it to a climate system. For example, in my Lizardmen playthrough, settling where the Dark Elves are results in a lot of penalties to building times, public order, recruitment costs, etc.

Finished my Lizardmen campaign. The last battle was pretty fun, great environmental design but a little too easy. I was playing on normal but even regular old battles on the campaign map were a lot tougher at times. I liked this campaign more than TW:W I for sure. It stayed somewhat challenging throughout until I had a ridiculous amount of gold and quite a few doomstacks rolling around.

I started a hard Skaven playthrough, with Queek as my lord, but I may bump up the difficulty. Skaven really are a ton of fun to play. The Menace Below ability is so cool and extremely useful. I always had a hard time with artillery, particularly when fighting the High Elves as Lizardmen, but not any more lol. Just swarms of ratmen all over the battlefield. Hilarious. The Skaven AI really underutilized that when I fought them before and would never spawn them behind or next to me to flank and that seems like such a crucial way to utilize it.

All I want are Tomb Kings, Ogres, and Chaos Dwarfs :(

All I want are Tomb Kings, Ogres, and Chaos Dwarfs :(

Tomb Kings are most likely DLC for TW:W II while the rumor is the third game is all Chaos factions. I'm really excited for the upcoming content and the third game. When all three games are combined, it's going to be a monster of a campaign.

Skaven are so much fun to play. I highly highly recommend everyone give them a go for their next playthrough. The food mechanic is a little tough at first but once I realized I should play them a bit like a horde faction and raid, sack and raze as much as possible, things started to snowball and I've got 4 stacks wreaking havoc on the maps. I run with two in tandem. Their elite units and artillery are so much fun. Rebellion in a province? So what, let them rebel, cull that little army and get food.

4-5 turns to build siege equipment? Fuck that. I just send skavenslaves and clanrats at the walls and burn everything down with my artillery. I like defending sieges despite the AI being pretty stupid about it as I've had some triumphant, elated moments after winning one. I can hold off almost everything if my garrison is in top order and repelled a two stack High Elves siege. On the other hand, I lost a different siege because a unit routed right into the capture point, lol. It's pretty dumb they route right into the heart of your base and they should patch it so they route outwards. I had another battlefield fight with the Wood Elves and they bunched up in a dense forest in the middle of the map only to send out calvary and flying ranged units once I approached them. Not a bad move on their part but there's no stopping my quest for more warpstones!

Things are starting to get a little dicey in my region because the vampire faction that's decimated the northern part of my area is coming for blood. The AI was pretty slick because I was just going to let the left one take losses from attrition but after one turn of that, they switched stacks so the previous siege laying one wouldn't suffer any losses.

44903E9E614DFDBEA6314B7722C21818AAEFF51C

Little do they know I have a four warp lightning cannon, two Abominations, two Doom Wheel and a whole horde of Stormvermin army just about ready to make their way north. I'm going to wipe them out then finish the rituals. I might just send that stack into their territories and start razing everything if I can hold them here for a bit. Surely their lands are undefended now.

I'll robably go with edgelord Dark Elves for a Very Hard playthrough next and then if I feel like it, take a crack at a Legendary High Elves playthrough or go back to TW:W I because I never did play Wood Elves, Brettonia or Norsca. I'm not that excited to play High Elves compared to the other three races. Anyone playing as them?

Tomb Kings are most likely DLC for TW:W II while the rumor is the third game is all Chaos factions. I'm really excited for the upcoming content and the third game. When all three games are combined, it's going to be a monster of a campaign.

Skaven are so much fun to play. I highly highly recommend everyone give them a go for their next playthrough. The food mechanic is a little tough at first but once I realized I should play them a bit like a horde faction and raid, sack and raze as much as possible, things started to snowball and I've got 4 stacks wreaking havoc on the maps. I run with two in tandem. Their elite units and artillery are so much fun. Rebellion in a province? So what, let them rebel, cull that little army and get food.

4-5 turns to build siege equipment? Fuck that. I just send skavenslaves and clanrats at the walls and burn everything down with my artillery. I like defending sieges despite the AI being pretty stupid about it as I've had some triumphant, elated moments after winning one. I can hold off almost everything if my garrison is in top order and repelled a two stack High Elves siege. On the other hand, I lost a different siege because a unit routed right into the capture point, lol. It's pretty dumb they route right into the heart of your base and they should patch it so they route outwards. I had another battlefield fight with the Wood Elves and they bunched up in a dense forest in the middle of the map only to send out calvary and flying ranged units once I approached them. Not a bad move on their part but there's no stopping my quest for more warpstones!

Things are starting to get a little dicey in my region because the vampire faction that's decimated the northern part of my area is coming for blood. The AI was pretty slick because I was just going to let the left one take losses from attrition but after one turn of that, they switched stacks so the previous siege laying one wouldn't suffer any losses.

44903E9E614DFDBEA6314B7722C21818AAEFF51C

Little do they know I have a four warp lightning cannon, two Abominations, two Doom Wheel and a whole horde of Stormvermin army just about ready to make their way north. I'm going to wipe them out then finish the rituals. I might just send that stack into their territories and start razing everything if I can hold them here for a bit. Surely their lands are undefended now.

I'll robably go with edgelord Dark Elves for a Very Hard playthrough next and then if I feel like it, take a crack at a Legendary High Elves playthrough or go back to TW:W I because I never did play Wood Elves, Brettonia or Norsca. I'm not that excited to play High Elves compared to the other three races. Anyone playing as them?

Tyrion, House Lothern, reporting for duty.

I've taken most of the center Island with hedging enemies against each other with influence/diplomacy, and picking up the remaining sides. Loving the eagle bolt throwers. Get a 20/20 army with 5 armored archer teams, 6-7 eagle bolt throwers, a good host of swords of hoeth and spearmen, and top it off with a couple dragons. Some crazy battles.

The story quest for the Armor of Aenarus, holy shit, seeing their leader, on a dragon, take out both my dragons, then terrify my army. I was sweating last night. Shit was crazy. Haven't sweated like a 500 lb pound man playing a game since first playing Fight Night 2004.

Tyrion, House Lothern, reporting for duty.

I've taken most of the center Island with hedging enemies against each other with influence/diplomacy, and picking up the remaining sides. Loving the eagle bolt throwers. Get a 20/20 army with 5 armored archer teams, 6-7 eagle bolt throwers, a good host of swords of hoeth and spearmen, and top it off with a couple dragons. Some crazy battles.

The story quest for the Armor of Aenarus, holy shit, seeing their leader, on a dragon, take out both my dragons, then terrify my army. I was sweating last night. Shit was crazy. Haven't sweated like a 500 lb pound man playing a game since first playing Fight Night 2004.

Those bolt throwers always have me nervous when I'm fighting HE and they remind me of some glorious conquests I had with the Dwarves back in TW:W I. The influence mechanic does sound like fun.

I bought TW W2 but unfortunately learned that my laptop can't really play it =[ graphics are scaled all the way down and unit sizes are set to the smallest and the game blocks me from increasing the unit sizes. It sucks

I bought TW W2 but unfortunately learned that my laptop can't really play it =[ graphics are scaled all the way down and unit sizes are set to the smallest and the game blocks me from increasing the unit sizes. It sucks

its time to upgrade

as someone who played a swordmaster main in Warhammer Online for years i may have gotten a boner watching their models in TW W2

Jesus, I spent half my time on meaningless levelling up of garrison heroes and lords.

Total War Warhammer 2 is dropping tomorrow.

Some things I recently learned you might not know:
-if you have TW:WH 1 and get 2, the games will effectively merge and they're going to implement a grand campaign with both world maps combined
-if you have both games you will have the races from both available to play
-f you just have 1 and not 2, or vice versa, you will still be able to play against people in multiplayer that have the other game

Who else is stoked for this? I've put 166 hours into the game over the last 6 months.

Add me on steam and let's play! (m13iz)

I own both with all the DLC! Never had a group to play with it. A man can dream.

What is the objective in the combined grand campaign?

Anyone try out the Mortal Empires campaign yet? They just released a hot fix patch that will fix the Chaos spawn from beelining to only your settlements (like the Vortex campaign) and some other small fixes.

I've been keen on starting a Dark Elves playthrough and will probably start one this weekend. Malekith's sound bites are hilarious. LORD OF DESTRUCTION, THE WITCH KING, EMPEROR OF THE BLACK TOWER or however they go lol.

Unless I end up in hospital I doubt I will have time for a Mortal Empires campaign. The worst part of the game is leveling up your fucking heroes and lords for more time each turn than you spend moving them or building.

Unless I end up in hospital I doubt I will have time for a Mortal Empires campaign. The worst part of the game is leveling up your fucking heroes and lords for more time each turn than you spend moving them or building.

Win battles. Lords level up pretty quick and heroes do as well with performing actions and embedding them in your lord's army.

Went back to WH1 because I haven't played Norsca yet and holy shit. Possibly a top 5 faction for me already. They have so many awesome mechanics for the campaign and the beast hunts are really cool. I hope we can expect this kind of quality with the upcoming DLC factions. Kislev keeps asking for peace but nah, fuck that. I've lost enough troops to their damn cavalry that I'll only be satisfied with their annihilation.

It does suck they're not going to be in Mortal Empires until May :/ but at least Tomb Kings is in January and the new Lab mode looks like it'll be fun to mess around with and watch Youtube videos from the community.

Back