To the OG’s... Pride FC, All day - All day!

Did any of you hear Pride's birthday acknowledged by any media anywhere? Sherdog Radio? UFC?

I didn't, but maybe I missed something.

To bad, I was only 5 years old when Pride ended. 7 years later, I decided to watch some of the Pride shows and man, Pride was way better than the UFC.
Better ruleset, Epic entrances compared to UFC's bland production. Plus, tournaments are always fun in MMA

tumblr_ngs7672EmW1u2ragso1_500.gif
tumblr_lfz13wTd7g1qa9yvvo1_500.gif
f1241183d0a622d6.gif

Damn, I really feel for the Hawtness…

giphy.gif

#Hespect
<{JustBleed}>

Gimme today's fighters skill level, with Pride's fighters heart, Pride's personality, Pride's rules plus elbows, Pride's yellow card system, ring or a cage (I see merits to both, and you got a winner.

Steroids, freakshows, WWE style, mismatches, champs fighting cans, Yakuza, restarts, ref earpieces, no elbows, fixed fights.

In celebration of the birth and death of our beloved PrideFC, I want to shout out the SD OG’s!

We lived through a lot on these boards. From my Pic w/ Matt Hughes to traveling through Japan w/ Enson and this legendary OP… <{UberTS}>

We’ve seen it all… B*tch, I do NOT need to see a film about Conor McGregor. I witnessed his whole career.

We lived through the Pride GP’s, witnessed the birth of a sport, before TUF, WMMA and all that stuff…

Pride_Logo.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Novice thread spammer here...
But Yeahh!!
PRIDE RULLED!!!!!
IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1096.JPG IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1100.JPG IMG_1101.JPG
Awesomeness guaranteed.

Marketing
Mash ups
Rivalries
Posters
All perfect

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1
"The Diet Butcher" Alexander Otsuka pulls off the super rare double armbar!

ZKJloo.gif

Nick Diaz slides his leg into Gomi's throat and pulls down on the head for the rare Gogoplata choke

1422475422Diaz_Gogoplata.gif

Takase sets up the mounted triangle on Anderson Silva and then rolls over to his back to tighten it up.

2u3zgjl.jpg

Ryo Chonan surprises Anderson Silva with a flying scissor takedown and immediately cranks a heel hook.

635922305393527551-1649464508_chonan-silva.gif

Cro Cop attempts to escape mount but Nog transitions to belly down armbar. The roar from the crowd at this moment was probably the loudest ovation I have ever heard from an MMA crowd.

Nog-submit-cro-cop.gif

The amount of damage Cro Cop delivered in that fight would have KO'ed the normal man probably 4 or 5 times over. I will never understand how Nog continued. That takedown he shot for in the 2nd round was the best takedown he ever shot in his life. He knew he needed that takedown more than anything.

Nog temporarily derailed Mirko's quest to Fedor and the championship which was hard to accept for many fans at the time, however, it only highlighted the greatness of the second best heavyweight of all time, Nog. It showed how tough he was and that he was impossible to put away.

After surviving the beatings from Sapp, Fedor and Cro Cop...Nog's legend as an indestructible zombie was at an all time high.

Last edited:
In celebration of the birth and death of our beloved PrideFC, I want to shout out the SD OG’s!

We lived through a lot on these boards. From my Pic w/ Matt Hughes to traveling through Japan w/ Enson and this legendary OP… <{UberTS}>

We’ve seen it all… B*tch, I do NOT need to see a film about Conor McGregor. I witnessed his whole career.

We lived through the Pride GP’s, witnessed the birth of a sport, before TUF, WMMA and all that stuff…

Pride_Logo.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I’ve posted this pic prob a dozen times on here, Butt it’s so fucking badass it deserves a repost......
89F95050-C142-4B92-BF52-EA8785F45DCA.jpeg

"The Diet Butcher" Alexander Otsuka pulls off the super rare double armbar!

ZKJloo.gif

Nick Diaz slides his leg into Gomi's throat and pulls down on the head for the rare Gogoplata choke

1422475422Diaz_Gogoplata.gif

Takase sets up the mounted triangle on Anderson Silva and then rolls over to his back to tighten it up.

2u3zgjl.jpg

Ryo Chonan surprises Anderson Silva with a flying scissor takedown and immediately cranks a heel hook.

635922305393527551-1649464508_chonan-silva.gif

Cro Cop attempts to escape mount but Nog transitions to belly down armbar. The roar from the crowd at this moment was probably the loudest ovation I have ever heard from an MMA crowd.

Nog-submit-cro-cop.gif

The amount of damage Cro Cop delivered in that fight would have KO'ed the normal man probably 4 or 5 times over. I will never understand how Nog continued. That takedown he shot for in the 2nd round was the best takedown he ever shot in his life. He knew he needed that takedown more than anything. Nog temporarily derailed Mirko's quest to the championship which was hard to accept for many fans at the time, however, it only highlighted the greatness of the second best heavyweight of all time, Nog. It showed how tough he was and that he was impossible to put away. After surviving the beatings from Sapp, Fedor and Cro Cop...Nog's legend as an indestructible zombie was at an all time high.

An epic post. You've honored the memory of Pride.

To bad, I was only 5 years old when Pride ended. 7 years later, I decided to watch some of the Pride shows and man, Pride was way better than the UFC.
Better ruleset, Epic entrances compared to UFC's bland production. Plus, tournaments are always fun in MMA

True!

And as far as I can tell, the fighters and the organization showed mutual respect for one another. Imagine that!

Rampage has spoken very highly of Sakakibara even to this day.

Nog-submit-cro-cop.gif

The amount of damage Cro Cop delivered in that fight would have KO'ed the normal man probably 4 or 5 times over. I will never understand how Nog continued. That takedown he shot for in the 2nd round was the best takedown he ever shot in his life. He knew he needed that takedown more than anything.

Nog temporarily derailed Mirko's quest to Fedor andbthe championship which was hard to accept for many fans at the time, however, it only highlighted the greatness of the second best heavyweight of all time, Nog. It showed how tough he was and that he was impossible to put away.

After surviving the beatings from Sapp, Fedor and Cro Cop...Nog's legend as an indestructible zombie was at an all time high.

What I think this does highlight as well is that the modern "just stand up" style of grappling has only really caught on due to a lack of elite submission ability. A lot of the escapes we see in MMA today would IMHO be exploited far more if there were more than a handful of elite grapplers, most BJJ BB's these days are only really trained for defence/control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back