Best mmartist of all time who had terrible boxing?

Yeah I always hear people saying GSP has good boxing when he mostly throw jabs and superman punches
GSP didn't have much power in his punches, but he was actually a very technical boxer. More so than most MMA fighters.

methodgetrs40q75x399y98w661h461ro0sgsp-thiago-alves.jpg

Wins over:

Damian Maia- Fought for 2 UFC belts
Tyron Woodley- UFC champ
Dan Henderson-UFC tourney champ, 2 division PRIDE champ, SF champ
Robbie Lawler- UFC champ, ICON champ, EliteXC champ
Paul Daley- Fought for SF title, fought in UFC title eliminator
Mayhem Miller (at his best)- ICON champ, fought for DREAM & SF titles
Carlos Condit- UFC champ
Yushin Okami- Fought for UFC title
Dave Menne- UFC champ
Hyato Sakurai- SHOOTO champ, fought for both PRIDE & UFC titles

I don't see how you can possibly argue that Shields is not a WW top 5 of all time.
I agree with you, that Shields is top 5. But, the Okami win especially, has a serious asterisk next to it.

I'm not talking about his power.

I'm talking about his fluidity, his footwork, his head movement, his combinations, his angles, his technique on his punches, etc.

His boxing skills are weak sauce.

GSP had great footwork and angles by MMA standards. Even mentioning GSP makes you look like a moron. Every MMA fighter has weak Boxing that can be picked apart. GSPs is still much better then most great MMA fighters

Hughes is the correct answer

In a straight boxing match I'd piece Rockhold up.

O

That slam made me fall in love with MMA and you are right.

Honourable mention to
Royce Gracie
Rhonda Rousey
I actually didnt really like it, even back in the days.. A total physical mismatch, and it was the 1st, and maybe the last, time I really feared for the guy´s safety.

I think he did a great progress in his boxing for his last fight
Even me, as non-educated in boxing, could notice it, so I think it's a thing.
He was taking more punches from DC then the first fight. What specifically about his boxing looked better?

No disrespect, but shinya aoki has mediocre striking.

He is an elite fighter though.

Maia hands down. And he showed us once again why vs Woodley.

I love Matt Hughes but he might also qualify for terrible boxing. And he was the WW GOAT before GSP took it to the next level.

Jones had pretty below average boxing. He was just tall, had good kicks and good cardio.
k1 hughes was GOAT though.

ae1e2v.jpg

Back