Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

They were getting shafted before. At least Obama tried to do something. His problem was he thought fanatics would act in good faith and they didnt. He should have tried to ram through single-payer.

What has Trump and the GOP done after 8 years? Oh thats right they are all do-nothing-bitches.
Not a single republican voted for Obamacare. The dems could of passed single payer if they wanted to.

But just like the reps can't get their act together, it isn't easy to do.

That is a good thing imo. Slows down the process but in the long run I think it is better. .

The best part about Obamacare is it has brought healthcare to the forefront of issues we need to do something about. Overall, that is a good thing.

He said he had a Cadillac Plan that was eliminated because it didn't meet compliance standards. The term refers to employer-provided plans that are really good and got taxed. Non-compliant plans are the exact opposite of that. Plus, he's self-employed. And he said that insurers refused to "have anything to do with" him because he was an "Obamacare unknown," which isn't a real category and couldn't happen. Again, it's possible that he's using words without knowing what they mean, but then it's impossible for anyone else to understand the story.

I'm not sure what's more despicable/numerous in these healthcare policy threads: the unveiling of persons who are clearly lower class and unwittingly voting against their economic interests, or the unveiling of cynical partisans (who may or may not be lower class) making up stories about how the ACA hurt them.

Last edited:
Aetna did completely pull out, but United Health Care is still in some selective markets.

The companies talk about losing money on the exchange markets, yet somehow they are all posting record profits overall?

UHC is effectively totally out. They lost over a Billion dollars in the exchanges.

1,000,000,000 lost.

It hurt my stock.

I suspect the people here cheerleading Obamacare, are the folks getting free insurance.

Obamacare failed. Deal with it.

Good.

Obamacare nearly lead to the ruin of my family.

My excellent insurance plan was canceled for not being "Affordable Care Act compliant". This happened right as my daughter fell very ill.

Real people have been hurt by Obamacare, and the ONLY person to do anything about it is President Trump!
<DontBelieve1>

i pay 80 euros a year for my health insurance

I thought ACA showed a significant growth reduction in healthcare costs overall?

Wasn't that the point of the law?
It may have slowed the growth of health care expenditure, but that's like the 400lb guy that stops gaining weight and think he's in good shape going forward.

Healthcare needs to be the 400lb guy that loses 200lbs, rather than call it a win and ignore the fact that being 400lbs, you're still gonna have a heart attack. There's like no other country that spends as much as we do as Americans, and it's not by small margins either. HC is literally zapping American wealth and we are less competitive globally due to it. If we had UHC, everyone would be wealthier except for insurance vampires.
They were getting shafted before. At least Obama tried to do something. His problem was he thought fanatics would act in good faith and they didnt. He should have tried to ram through single-payer.

What has Trump and the GOP done after 8 years? Oh thats right they are all do-nothing-bitches.
oh yes, he should have.

Should have could have would have.....

didnt happen, and now it's simply the republicans turn to shove something through. If it works, then it works, if not, then eventually the democrats will get the ball again. I'm OK with that. Not Ok with obamacare.

oh yes, he should have.

Should have could have would have.....

didnt happen, and now it's simply the republicans turn to shove something through. If it works, then it works, if not, then eventually the democrats will get the ball again. I'm OK with that. Not Ok with obamacare.

Yeah because theres no opposition to single payer in the US at all right??

The insurance companies are DEATHLY afraid of single-payer because they know once Murkans have it they will lose their profits. Every country in the world that has it has neverrr gone back. They know this, which is why they fought him tooth-n-nail when he tried to implement a public option. It is why they are pulling out of the ACA markets even though they are still posting record profits. They know single-payer means they will lose margins in the long-term.

Obama was able to get rid of the pre-existing clause and get them on board. At least he did something. The GOP havent done jack-zhit except bitch about everything then when handed the ball cant do zhit because they all suck.

It may have slowed the growth of health care expenditure, but that's like the 400lb guy that stops gaining weight and think he's in good shape going forward.

Healthcare needs to be the 400lb guy that loses 200lbs, rather than call it a win and ignore the fact that being 400lbs, you're still gonna have a heart attack. There's like no other country that spends as much as we do as Americans, and it's not by small margins either. HC is literally zapping American wealth and we are less competitive globally due to it. If we had UHC, everyone would be wealthier except for insurance vampires.

I mean, I agree with you that UHC/SP is infinitely preferable. But Obamacare did address rising costs, and is a lot better than what it replaced. So why repeal without a better plan?

He's still just handing him the business. Paying royalties over time isn't the same as producing your own separate income, and outright buying the business.
True. But it is obviously different than simply receiving an inheritance, isn't it? And that was the question.

I disagree with you here on the spirit of the matter. Sure there's a technical difference between inheriting the business from a dead person and being gifted it from a live person. But in spirit they're both examples of a parent taking an income producing asset and delivering it to their child without requiring the child to compete for it in the free market.

Yes, you note a similarity. How can you not see the difference between giving your child something for free and making them pay for something they receive from you?

Yeah because theres no opposition to single payer in the US at all right??

The insurance companies are DEATHLY afraid of single-payer because they know once Murkans have it they will lose their profits. Every country in the world that has it has neverrr gone back. They know this, which is why they fought him tooth-n-nail when he tried to implement a public option. It is why they are pulling out of the ACA markets even though they are still posting record profits. They know single-payer means they will lose margins in the long-term.

Obama was able to get rid of the pre-existing clause and get them on board. At least he did something. The GOP havent done jack-zhit except bitch about everything then when handed the ball cant do zhit because they all suck.
I dont care if insurers run out of business, in fact I hope they do, however looking into the repub plans, they lower the threshold on what is needed to insure, kind of like how a free market should be. They also decouple insurance from employment, another positive.

of course, they cant agree on it because they're limp wristed politicians. They definitely need to shove it through, and when democrats are in power again, they have their chance to shove their version through.
I mean, I agree with you that UHC/SP is infinitely preferable. But Obamacare did address rising costs, and is a lot better than what it replaced. So why repeal without a better plan?
The beginning of the Bush Era, insurance costs were well below what obamacare is now in terms of percentage of GDP. By the measure of stopping the bleeding, the goal posts are extremely low, it's hardly worth anything meaningful. Who is to say that expenditure wouldnt have stopped on it's own?

there have been decades in the past like 1990 - 2000 where expenditures didnt rise for a whole decade, and that's free market private insurance.

our expenditures are so out of wack compared to the rest of the world, that it has to REVERSE quite a bit to even be considered a win. If it did, I'de totally support obamacare. It didnt.

Obamacare wasnt about fighting the costs, it morphed into full coverage for everyone, even those that didnt want it, except the mandate implementation was poor, hence the program is self imploding.

I dont care if insurers run out of business, in fact I hope they do, however looking into the repub plans, they lower the threshold on what is needed to insure, kind of like how a free market should be. They also decouple insurance from employment, another positive.

of course, they cant agree on it because they're limp wristed politicians. They definitely need to shove it through, and when democrats are in power again, they have their chance to shove their version through.

The beginning of the Bush Era, insurance costs were well below what obamacare is now in terms of percentage of GDP. By the measure of stopping the bleeding, the goal posts are extremely low, it's hardly worth anything meaningful. Who is to say that expenditure wouldnt have stopped on it's own?

there have been decades in the past like 1990 - 2000 where expenditures didnt rise for a whole decade, and that's free market private insurance.

our expenditures are so out of wack compared to the rest of the world, that it has to REVERSE quite a bit to even be considered a win. If it did, I'de totally support obamacare. It didnt.

Obamacare wasnt about fighting the costs, it morphed into full coverage for everyone, even those that didnt want it, except the mandate implementation was poor, hence the program is self imploding.

The program isn't imploding without active sabotage though. ACA can be further reformed and improved, but it's a very political decision to not do this.

Again, why repeal without something better?

The program isn't imploding without active sabotage though. ACA can be further reformed and improved, but it's a very political decision to not do this.

Again, why repeal without something better?
it was imploding well before the election, the writing was on the wall as early as 2015.

There's an assumption that obamacare is better than nothing, may or may not be true. Historically, pre-obamacare has been less costly.

it was imploding well before the election, the writing was on the wall as early as 2015.

There's an assumption that obamacare is better than nothing, may or may not be true. Historically, pre-obamacare has been less costly.

Source for both claims please.

Good.

Obamacare nearly lead to the ruin of my family.

My excellent insurance plan was canceled for not being "Affordable Care Act compliant". This happened right as my daughter fell very ill.

Real people have been hurt by Obamacare, and the ONLY person to do anything about it is President Trump!
If you thought it was difficult getting insurance for an ill child under Obamacare, just wait until Republicans start allowing insurance companies to deny people with pre-existing conditions again!

Or better yet, support single payer so EVERYBODY’S ill child gets to go to the doctor.
Like in every. Civilized. Country. On. Earth.

Back