Rush Limbaugh says Trump is "acting like a dictator"

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
RUSH LIMBAUGH SUGGESTS TRUMP IS ACTING LIKE A DICTATOR AND IS MAKING HIM 'NERVOUS'
Newsweek said:
Donald Trump’s comments about the NFL are starting to make Rush Limbaugh feel nervous, the conservative radio host said on his show Wednesday.

Limbaugh, who has previously expressed his concern about Trump’s tweets, made his feelings on the president’s interference in the ongoing NFL protests clear on his show.

"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from," he said.

"Trump is continually tweeting; I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must,” Limbaugh added.

Limbaugh’s comments came after Trump tweeted on Wednesday suggesting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was demanding players stand for the national anthem, following a number of players taking a knee to protest police brutality against African Americans.

“It is about time that Roger Goodell of the NFL is finally demanding that all players STAND for our great National Anthem-RESPECT OUR COUNTRY,” Trump tweeted, in comments that prompted the NFL to issue a statement explaining Goodell had made no such demand.

Several weeks ago, more than 200 NFL players knelt during the anthem, in peaceful protests that prompted ire from the president.

Last weekend, Vice President Mike Pence backed up Trump's opinion. Pence walked out of a Colts game after players from the San Francisco 49ers knelt during the anthem in a display orchestrated by Trump.

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence wrote after he left the game.

His tweet was followed up by a message from the president, who said: “I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.”

But Trump’s ongoing tweets about the NFL protests are clearly beginning to cause concern among more conservative personalities such as Limbaugh, while those who back the protests have hit out at the president for his controversial comments on the issue – including suggesting teams fire players who kneel for the anthem.
Damn, all kinds of people finally waking up to Trump. When I clicked the link I assumed Rush's reaction would have been to Trump's handling and rhetoric towards the press, but apparently it's the NFL issue that has him musing on the larger issue of Trump's inability to tolerate dissent from any corner.

Guess someone else wants to sacrifice their ratings. Enjoy the unemployment line Limbaugh.

Last edited:
Rush is a cuck. Long live Trump.

Lol.

If anything Trump is acting like an SJW by (at least tacitly) encouraging a boycott of a product because of political reasons. If you don't think this is right you should stand up to it when SJW's do it. Unless you think the gloves are just off in which case don't cry when you get the fight you asked for.

It's just because Limbaugh is so liberal and so eager to criticize the reactionary nonsense of conservatives.

Rush was just saying that it is the NFL owners job to control the players and not the government, and the NFL is botching this issue. Look at his clarification on what was reported.

Limbaugh is clearly a traitor RINO.

Neil Cavuto from Fox News delivered a scathing lecture for Trump the other day.

Everyone sees the obvious but Trumps die hard cult members.

RUSH LIMBAUGH SUGGESTS TRUMP IS ACTING LIKE A DICTATOR AND IS MAKING HIM 'NERVOUS'

Damn, all kinds of people finally waking up to Trump. When I clicked the link I assumed Rush's reaction would have been to Trump's handling and rhetoric towards the press, but apparently it's the NFL issue that has him musing on the larger issue of Trump's inability to tolerate dissent from any corner.

Perhaps instead of posting this nonsense, you should have actually listened to Rush address this.

I happened to catch his show today, long story short, this is fake news.

Commence with your liberal circle jerk.

When faced with the reality of their messiah behaving like a cheap dictator, the flock just screams about libtards. They want a dictator. They also greatly overestimate their economic power, to my amusement.

When did Rush become quote worthy? Isn't he the slightly more medicated Alex Jones?

Guess someone else wants to sacrifice their ratings. Enjoy the unemployment line Limbaugh.

What's the matter , is it not acceptable to criticize Trump at all in your mind?

When faced with the reality of their messiah behaving like a cheap dictator, the flock just screams about libtards. They want a dictator. They also greatly overestimate their economic power, to my amusement.

I've actually been reassured by how unlike a dictator Trump has been. The dictatorial template was set by Obama, who routinely circumvented Congress and the courts to enact his agenda. Trump has allowed himself to be limited by the other branches of Congress to a much greater extent than Obama did. His major achievements, great judicial nominees, undoing a lot of Obama's more noxious executive orders, and getting us out of the Paris climate agreement and Iran nuclear deal are all well within his purview.

I do think he has overreached with his NFL statements.

I've actually been reassured by how unlike a dictator Trump has been. The dictatorial template was set by Obama, who routinely circumvented Congress and the courts to enact his agenda. Trump has allowed himself to be limited by the other branches of Congress to a much greater extent than Obama did. His major achievements, great judicial nominees, undoing a lot of Obama's more noxious executive orders, and getting us out of the Paris climate agreement and Iran nuclear deal are all well within his purview.

I do think he has overreached with his NFL statements.
Sorry, we've been getting on better lately, but I have to ask you to consider this post to be a hot dog .gif.

what is worrisome is the president keeps feeding this nonsense

like he has nothing more important to do

Back