***Official NBA Off-season Discussion v8.0 Kneeling is for peasants***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tony Allen is getting his jersey retired LMAO. @MarkyMcFly can you possibly defend this move or did Memphis leapfrog the Clips as the most pathetic franchise in NBA history?

Unlike the pathetic franchise up north who hang banners celebrating half assed accomplishment, the Jersey retirement is more about what he meant to the team and the city, and starting the who grit and grind era, along with Z-Bo.

Maybe if they knew a little more about respecting their players, Vince would stick around champ.

There is no way in hell a player of Allen's caliber should have his number retired.

That is for Franchise greats and Dan Marino.

Unlike the pathetic franchise up north who hang banners celebrating half assed accomplishment, the Jersey retirement is more about what he meant to the team and the city, and starting the who grit and grind era, along with Z-Bo.

Maybe if they knew a little more about respecting their players, Vince would stick around champ.
lmao. whats worse? hanging division titiles (Tony Allen couldnt do) or literally making sure no other player ever wears a number that means nothing both league wide or to anyone in memphis (my sincere apologies)

look, @MarkyMcFly , Toronto is the third largest market and has had more history, and even we arent silly enough to hang Norm Powells jersey from the rafters. its embarrassing to yout city (more of a town) and team (d-now G league)

I cant say rings are the most important measurement as some Raptors fans think Vince should have his jersey retired, but the majority is NO, and Vince has had a far greater impact on the team, city, and game in general than Tony Allen has had in Memphis ( a city that shouldnt even have a pro sports team, regardless of the sport) In Tony Allen is a 6 time All NBA Defensive selection. has never made it past the conference finals (was gifted his way that far, due to injuries) has never made an All -Star team, and played for the team for only 7 fucking years. This is likely the most ridiculous jersey retirement in Sports Entertainment history. Defensive players don't get nearly enough credit (@HunterSdVa29 ) but this isnt a trend even the shittiest of cities or the worst of frenchises should be pushing.

What about the cheat retiring a player's number who never even suited up for them?

This is what you cans get for overrating defense, specifically perimeter defense.

I'm hardly the guy to make fun of other franchises' lack of success, but at least the Wizcans keep jersey retiring sacred. Jordan's isn't. Agent 0's isn't. Hell Phil Chenier is only this season getting his retired.

Tony Allen is paving the way for Roberson to get his number retired.

lmao. whats worse? hanging division titiles (Tony Allen couldnt do) or literally making sure no other player ever wears a number that means nothing both league wide or to anyone in memphis (my sincere apologies)

Both teams have made the conference finals once. The Grizzlies have gone to 7 straight post season appearances, the Raptors 4.

You're literally showing that you have zero respect for the beautiful game, and are trying WAY too hard to some how prove that your canchise isn't shit. Again, be mad at TanenBUM for not knowing how to show respect for your cities players that meant a lot to your team. It's not my fault your shit team sucked, and traded the funnest player that ever been in CANada.

Hey, what can I expect from a bunch of shit fans that boo'd the fuck out of Vinsanity for about 5 years after the Raptors traded him for a bunch of bums and worthless draft picks. You know nothing about Memphis or the players, and I'm starting to realize you know even less about the actual sport. You keep pointing up at your division banners celebrating mediocrity of an entire franchise, and I'll sit back and enjoy a ceremonial jersey retirement that just a symbolic gesture.

There is no way in hell a player of Allen's caliber should have his number retired.

That is for Franchise greats and Dan Marino.

Lol the heat have Tim Hardaways number retired. He was there, what...5 maybe 6 years?

Lol the heat have Tim Hardaways number retired. He was there, what...5 maybe 6 years?

cut.gif

So glad I'm a Kings fan so I don't have to deal with this ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back