Lawler vs RDA

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
I just feel this was a bad mistake signing for this one on RDAs part.

Lawler gonna collect another soul

Why?If he wins he's pretty much assured a title shot.I think he could possibly outwork Robbie.I'll be picking Robbie but it's a tough one for him too.RDA seems to me like the type of fighter that wants the toughest fights not a ducker.This fight's going to be great.

Initial thought is that its a total mismatch. There are some ways RDA could win but i'll be betting on Lawler sleeping him.

Lawler lost to Carlos condit, almost got finished by Rory before Rory nose was too fucked. Also was losing that fight too. Arguably lost twice to Hendricks. And cerrone won R1 and R2 of there fight. Lawler is exciting as fuck, but I think people romanticize him way too much.

Edit. And got KOed in one round by woodley.

Lawler lost to Carlos condit, almost got finished by Rory before Rory nose was too fucked. Also was losing that fight too. Arguably lost twice to Hendricks. And cerrone won R1 and R2 of there fight. Lawler is exciting as fuck, but I think people romanticize him way too much.

Edit. And got KOed in one round by woodley.

Agree he lost to Condit, Rory was pretty even. Both Condit and Rory would fuck RDA up.

Agree he lost to Condit, Rory was pretty even. Both Condit and Rory would fuck RDA up.
Was losing to Rory. That's a fact dude. By R5 all 3 judges had Rory winning the fight before Rory couldn't continue in R5

Never dumb to take a fight that could catapult you to a title shot. I got Robbie too, but RDA would have been a fool to pass up the opportunity.

Lawler is my Boy, But I'm picking RDA on this one.

Was losing to Rory. That's a fact dude. By R5 all 3 judges had Rory winning the fight before Rory couldn't continue in R5

If you want to play the judges side then Lawler beat Condit...

The point is both those opponents were top notch, and both would destroy RDA

If you want to play the judges side then Lawler beat Condit...

The point is both those opponents were top notch, and both would destroy RDA
I agree both are top notch. I'm not even debating that. My point is Lawler is super beatable and Sherdog has this wierd thing with him. Literally 2 fights ago he got KOed in the first round. And cerrone was winning most there fight. RDA has a super strong chance of winning here.

I agree both are top notch. I'm not even debating that. My point is Lawler is super beatable and Sherdog has this wierd thing with him. Literally 2 fights ago he got KOed in the first round. And cerrone was winning most there fight. RDA has a super strong chance of winning here.

I don't even particularly like Lawler, though i enjoy his fights. RDA has a chance but super strong? I don't see it. RDA doesn't have the power to KO him and he (should) be terrified of coming in against power he's never faced before. It's difficult to see hm overpowering Lawler in grappling anyway. I suppose RDA could outpoint him but Lawler has so many more routes to victory.

Also, Cowboy is legit and had a far more impressive WW streak when he moved up. He also has a bigger frame than RDA who looks too small for the division imo

Bad news for Dos Anjos if Lawler doesn't take a round off. #HEADCLEANOFF #FEEDHIMSOULS !!!

He got KO'd by arguably the heaviest hitter in the devision. Cerrone was not winning most of there fight. Lawler 1st and 3rd in an awesome fight. Lawler is beatable but he is ranked no. 2 for a reason.

Big win for Dos Angos if he pulls it off. It's the reason he took it. If he loses, it's to former ww champ Ruthless Robbie Lawler. It'd be one of the biggest wins of his career and he's lost to worse. It's not that bad of a situation if you're him. Now if it was all of us on the other hand, yeah..fuck that fight.

Why?If he wins he's pretty much assured a title shot.I think he could possibly outwork Robbie.I'll be picking Robbie but it's a tough one for him too.RDA seems to me like the type of fighter that wants the toughest fights not a ducker.This fight's going to be great.
RDA couldn't take power shots from alvarez... I feel Robbie will win early.

He is super beatable points wise because he literally takes entire rounds off, if you think about it he is the opposite of a point fighter, he is just looking to knock people out. Sadly I think that phase of his career is over though, when was the last time he knocked someone out? Yet he somehow manages to win fights on the scoresheet, I wonder if he has just mastered the mma points system somehow even though he ain’t a point fighter. RDA has a high work rate though and if lawler does his usual disappearance in the middle rounds he can definitely lose, maybe this is the fight that his fighting style bites him in the ass who knows
RDA has been unable to deal with power from jeremy stephens and eddie alvarez. Robbie hits harder tan both of them and RDA is very very hittable.

Love this fight. I'am fan of both...can't pick. May the best man win.

RDA does have some good power and striking, and Lawler’s chin is very good even though he gets rocked in almost every fight (Tyron just has that crazy power). I think Lawler will be too big and powerful, and he will be able to take what RDA dishes out on the feet but i don’t see RDA being able to take clean shots like Cerrone. RDA’s chin is decent but we all know Lawler’s power and he’s amazing at swarming opponents. Definitely don’t see him taking Lawler down since his TDD is insane now and even if he did get him down I don’t see him keeping him on his back for long. Not gonna count down RDA out obviously but like most, I see Lawler taking this one.

Back