Who was a better boxer in MMA than Conor?

Prime BJ was a better boxer than Conor. Nick Diaz is, Rory Macdonald is, Cody Garbrandt is, Jorge Masvidal is just off the top of my head.
Rory is a great fighter but he isn't a better boxer than colon lol. Cogar is the only one really.

I'm glad this fight happened. It exposed me to Floyd and both what an amazing boxer and human he is.

Reading about Floyd Mayweather's personal history growing up, seeing what he's done from where he came from, how intelligent he sounds despite dropping out of high school, his morals -- for his mom and even trying to not give Conor brain damage..

The guy's what god made the human race to be. I'm a huge fan now.

What the fuck? lol You have to be joking. The human race is supposed to be woman beaters? GTFO here.

Thoughts?

No way in hell it's Anderson, the dick pill user, "I get caught in the first ever random testing in my career", as this may be the most popular choice.

Not Nate, Not Davis, Not BJ, Not Arlovski, Not Duffy, Not KJ Noons, Not Nick, Not Gomi, Not JDS, Not Gus, Not Crocop - tho better striker, and Not Mousasi, Not Holloway, Not Aldo, Not Necktie, etc.

Anderson to start. Actually won some boxing matches and looked like a boxer while doing it.

I have to see more of Cody but I'm starting to think he MIGHT be

Conor only has a really good left straight, most of his other punches aren't great. If you don't think Mousasi is a better boxer, you're high.

Masvidal and Tumenov are both better boxers. Bibert Tumenov; Albert's cousin, is a part of Russia's national boxing team iirc - that trumps all of Conor's boxing achievements.

Anderson to start. Actually won some boxing matches and looked like a boxer while doing it.

I have to see more of Cody but I'm starting to think he MIGHT be

LOLZ won some boxing matches
1-1 lolz

That was almost a decade ago. Your saying the same result would happen today?

I really doubt Masvidal would outbox Bang. Bang actually has amatuer boxing background. Masvidal couldn't do shit with his hands other than that massive knee I think that landed, but hey, it was what like 8 years ago or so that I watched that fight

My point was for the trolls saying Conor was KO'd when he was on his feet conscious when the fight was stopped by the ref. Ali got beat up worse by Joe Frazier and was actually knocked down, Mcgregor wasnt even knocked down yet you have new headlines like this:

Floyd Mayweather knocks out Conor McGregor in 10th round

Ali was absolut
My point was for the trolls saying Conor was KO'd when he was on his feet conscious when the fight was stopped by the ref. Ali got beat up worse by Joe Frazier and was actually knocked down, Mcgregor wasnt even knocked down yet you have new headlines like this:

Floyd Mayweather knocks out Conor McGregor in 10th round

Ali absolutely did NOT get beat up worse by Joe Frazier. That was a war.

One judge had it 8 rounds to 6 with a 10-10.
Another had it 9 rounds to 6.

The judge with the 11-4 scorecard was the anomaly, and very few people see the fight that way.

Ali was never in his career the sort of trouble Conor was in against Floyd and Ali wasn't finished until he was an old man in the early stages of Parkinson's because he was fortunate enough to have an all-time great trainer who refused to allow him to answer the bell against Holmes.

Actually, it can be reversed. Just because you say it can’t, doesn’t make it fact. Conor was man enough to try something he had never done before professionally. Not once. He hung in there for awhile, no matter your opinion of whether Floyd took his time. The difference is, Conor would finish Floyd in a matter of a few minutes. Floyd couldn’t even drop a guy a little bigger than himself. Undefeated, all time great Floyd.

Conor finishing a retired old man, 20 lbs lighter than himself, in a sport that the old man has never competed in, and that Conor is a current champion in, is not very impressive.

Floyd at least finished a much younger, much larger, prime condition, current champion fighter.

It's two very different dynamics. The fact that you can't see that actually strikes me as being pretty dismissive of Conor and the threat he poses.

What did you think were goint o happen against Floyd? If you ask me, Conor did a LOT better than I thought he was going to.

who else would i ask about what you thought?

and to ts, the answers are

nate diaz

frankie edgar

gsp

anderson

james toney

and about 500 others

conors striking has a HUGE hole that will always cost him against rangier fighters.....he isnt a takedown threat unless he is losing....

a td attempt from conor means to go all out because hes hurt instead of being respected and causing fighters to be a bit more cautious with kicks and keeping their hands too high.....

conor will lose all of his future fights where he is at a reach disadvantage unless he starts mixing it up more with quick, efficient takedowns....

I really doubt Masvidal would outbox Bang. Bang actually has amatuer boxing background. Masvidal couldn't do shit with his hands other than that massive knee I think that landed, but hey, it was what like 8 years ago or so that I watched that fight
Really doubt Bang out boxes Masvidal nowadays but it's an opinion

Cody Garbrandt.

you can suck irish jabroni's dick all the time but the facts cannot be denied: he was TKO'd by floyd and whatever he did was useless, and don't come saying he took 3 rounds from floyd HE ALWAYS DOES THAT.

Cody Garbrandt.

you can suck irish jabroni's dick all the time but the facts cannot be denied: he was TKO'd by floyd and whatever he did was useless, and don't come saying he took 3 rounds from floyd HE ALWAYS DOES THAT.

Coherent, concise, and compelling.

Most fighters on the roster except the women fighters and Lobov.

Colin is a bully fighter, but as soon as someone actually starts fighting back he just falls apart and gasses and wilts and quits. He has no clue how to slip punches and has no head movement. Only being good offensively equals a garbage boxer. He is below amateur level. Powder puff puncher.

Back