Why does everyone claim Woodley Thompson 1 was bad?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember watching this and being on the edge of my seat and the initial response on sherdog and with UFC fans was it was a great fight and the rematch would be good. Then the rematch happened and sucked. But that still doesn't answer the question about why people think it was boring.

Because Thompson was anointed the Great White Mayonnaise by Sherdog but he barely survived.

The gift draw saved Sherdog that night.

giphy.webp

Because mofos swore up and down WB was going walk in a cage and be the hot knife to Woodley's butter.

I don't remember anyone complaining about it being a terrible fight. That all started after the rematch....which was indeed a terrible fight.

I remember watching this and being on the edge of my seat and the initial response on sherdog and with UFC fans was it was a great fight and the rematch would be good. Then the rematch happened and sucked. But that still doesn't answer the question about why people think it was boring.
its complicated to explain but it has something to do with the price of eggs.

because it was.
that fight was the absolute opposite of Lawler & Rory.

Both guys were too afraid to engage, to get caught.

And the second fight was even worse!

There were lulls in the first fight, but it was a solid scrap. It's tainted because of the second fight and Sherdog's general hatred of Woodley.

i really liked the first fight.

that was a great card in general from prelims to main event.

First fight was great, I thought. Second fight was one of the worst ever, in terms of boredom/activity.

Really liked the first fight. Thought Woodley had him but Wonderboy has heart. Now if you want to talk about bad. Rewatch the Maia fight. 25 minutes you will never get back.

First fight was good. It was at the very least tense, we were all pretty much silent as we watched.

Second fight we were just yelling “Throw something! Anything!”

that was a good fuckin fight. when Woodley was knockin him around in the fourth my god lol

Not really a chess match..

2 bums afraid of each other.

Because it was a staring contenst, and if you enjoy staring contests then I'm sure you will love it. Now in saying that.. the 4th round was epic, very very good 4th round, rest of the fight was unwatchable staring. 1st round was ok I guess. 2nd fight was much worse, but both fights were very tentative and hesitant with 95% staring and 5% throwing anything

Never heard anyone complain about the first fight and if they did im sure it was about the decision and not the fight itself. People complain about the 2nd fight and rightfully so.

Woodley/Thompson 1 was legit. I don't recall many people bitching about it.

Woodley/Thompson 2 was a shitshow. Both guys were too aware of the other guy's strengths to pull the trigger.

Back