Deadliest week for fires in California state history: 31+ dead.

deltapapha

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
... and many more missing.

California wildfires kill at least 31, deadliest week for fires in state history

Wine boiling:

Boiling Wine Flows at Vineyard Burned by California Wildfire

920x920.jpg

Ripskater?

I love right outside the evacuation area for the Anaheim fire, lots of my friends and neighbors had to stay in hotels and friends but luckily I don't know anyone who lost their homes, but it didn't happen too far away

Great job by the firefighters to get it under control. It was so windy, terrible conditions to try to contain such a larger blaze

Scary shit

RIP

Hopefully it works out for everyone affected

Man in sf right now the smoke is so ashy they canceled my law mid term for tommorow! Shit is nuts. Hope everyone is ok

If they tell you to leave....LEAVE. I have a feeling that a lot of the people that died ignored a lot of warnings. The fire doesn't give a shit if you've lived in your house for 50 years. I know it sounds insensitive but it's better to lose that than your life.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-see-climate-change-in-californias-wildfires/
Californians also have been building homes in areas that not long ago were wildlands, pointed out Ethan Elkind, director of the Climate Program at the University of California, Berkeley, Center for Law, Energy & the Environment. That needs to change if the state wants to adapt to climate change, he said.

“We have to just assume that these fires are going to be more intense and more frequent,” Elkind said. “We're going to need more defensible space.”

woof, that's a depressing thought.

Back