Al Iaquinta vs Paul Felder Set for UFC 218

Who Wins?

• Total voters
UFC 218 is stacked. I thought this fight was originally scheduled for 217? I'm taking Iaquinta.
yea, woulda been awesome for 217, but i guess its just one more way to jab at iaquinta there.

harris/godbeer goin on the main card for 217 or are we thinkin 4-card main card (for the first time ever?)?

Solid fight but Iaquinta is overdue for a step up. He should beat Felder.

Wow. That is a good fight.

Does Felder have to continue to win to keep his commentary gigs? What if he loses and UFC doesn't want him as a fighter any more? Would they then offer him solely a commentary position?

Al destroys Felder then does the same to a hotel room later that night

Raging Al boxes him up me think.

I like Felder but somehow I will be rooting for Al because all the UFC bashing.

There may be some spinning shit in Al's future

I´m picking Felder, he lost to Barboza but showed some very good striking there. I think he has enough to stop Al's streak.
Also, the ko over Castillo was awesome.
paul-felder-knocked-out-danny-castillo.gif

paul-felder-knocked-out-danny-castillo-replay.gif

Felder's gonna make "Ragging Al" too unconscious to yell at the crowd for not liking him.

This card is legit awesome. Going with Felder. Has made me a fan on the FS1 Pre/Post Fight Show. Going to be a war!!!

I love Felder as an addition to the show, definitely made me a fan of his. Plus, props when he asked Mighty Mouse about tougher challenges.

main card looking hot

Main Card

Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
Alistair Overeem vs Francis Ngannou
Henry Cejudo vs Sergio Pettis
Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje
Al Iaquinta vs Paul Felder

Prelims

David Teymur vs. Drakkar Klose
Alex Oliveira vs. Yancy Medeiros
Felice Herrig vs. Cortney Casey
Angela Magaña vs. Amanda Cooper
Dominick Reyes vs. Jeremy Kimball
Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi
Justin Willis vs. Allen Crowder
Great card. Is alvarez vs gaethje confirmed for 218?

Hooe they find a good replacement for henry

Should be a fun fight to watch. We should all be rooting for Al to win - him raging on the mic afterwards could be just as exciting.

If you're an MMA fan and don't want to see this fight... You're just fucked.

Paul Felder is awesome as a commentator and I'm glad he's winning again, but it's hard to root against Iaquinta

A worthy sacrifice to the just bleed gods!

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/paul-felder-al-iaquinta-ufc-218-detroit

An 11th fight has been added to UFC 218, which takes place Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.

UFC officials told the Free Press on Thursday that lightweight Al Iaquinta will take on Paul Felder as part of the undercard.

Iaquinta (13–3–1 MMA, 8-2 UFC) is coming off a first-round knockout win vs. Diego Sanchez in April. He has won his five most recent UFC fights and has a 9-2 record in UFC-sanctioned fights. The 30-year-old fighter hails from Garden City, N.Y.

Felder (14-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC), known as “The Irish Dragon,” enters with a 14-3 record, including a recent knockout win in the first round against Stevie Ray in July. The 33-year-old Philadelphia native is 6-3 in UFC fights.

UFC 218 is the first MMA event for theLittle Caesars Arena, but it’s not the first time a UFC fight has originated from the area. “The Motor City” hosted UFC 9 on May 17, 1996, at Cobo Arena, while the Palace of Auburn Hills hosted UFC 123 on Nov. 20, 2010.

Back