Hate to say it but Tony is an easy fight for Conor

Dude, Tony didn’t get tagged just once last night. Kevin was landing pretty good on Tony, with pretty basic punches and kicks. Conor’s striking will be like Matrix level shit compared to what Kevin Lee was throwing.

Stop.

1 - You're exaggerating Conor's striking like all his fanboys do.

2 - HE DOES have problem with taller, lanky fighters which is why he almost starved himself to death to face smaller fighters at featherweight. and also why he has trouble with NATE DIAZ, meanwhile most top LW's defeated Diaz easily.

3 - SO MANY fucking times the "less technical" striker won by KO. This is MMA. Why do you pretend everyone is going to try to outbox Conor from now on ? they're going to make it a dogfight. Conor is not like Anderson in his prime when it comes to striking.

4 - Ferguson does get tagged a lot, in every single fight, yet is on a 10 fight win streak. You should stop acting like Conor's punches are instant knockouts and start crediting Tony's toughness and chin. Not to mention, fight hits the ground ONCE, it is all over.

Who cares:
It’s the fight that makes sense, whatever the outcome. Fight Ferg or drop the belt.

Slow down there buddy. Conor got finished by nate and barely got past him the second time. El cucuy is better than nate by the way.

Conor isnt some untouchable god hes very beatable, all you have to do is survive the first 2 rounds then he always starts to fade.

tenor.gif
All true 509

I wouldn't necessarily call Tony Ferguson easy for anybody, but I do think Conor McGregor would find his chin early and finish him with strikes.

Ferguson would make it an exciting fight though at least, and he brings unique elements to the table.

It's the right fight to do.

Conor has good power and starts fast and Fergy gets tagged a lot and starts slow.
Fergy can go 5 rounds hard and Conor fades after 2-3.

I doubt Conor follows him to the ground to finish with GNP. Conor can easily get subbed in the later rounds when he inevitably runs out of gas after round 2.

Conor fighting career is done. He will get blasted by Tony in his next fight. Floyd stole the little heart he had and ruined his chin.

Nate is very hittable as well

Tony has heart and cardio, could give Conor trouble imo

if it goes to the ground it's over

What does Nate Diaz do better than Ferguson?
Anticipating shots and not get hit in face? Diaz gets punched hard in the arms, hands, the top of his head, and around his eyebrows. He doesn't get hit clean very often at all, but when he does, he can take a shot and he knows what to do to recover. One of the only things that Diaz does better than the rest (besides having heart and cardio) is survive whatever you hit him with standing. Tony will not survive getting hit that cleanly and often. Unless he fixes his standup defense, he gets finished in the early rounds.

Stop.

2 - HE DOES have problem with taller, lanky fighters which is why he almost starved himself to death to face smaller fighters at featherweight. and also why he has trouble with NATE DIAZ, meanwhile most top LW's defeated Diaz easily.

3 - SO MANY fucking times the "less technical" striker won by KO. This is MMA. Why do you pretend everyone is going to try to outbox Conor from now on ? they're going to make it a dogfight. Conor is not like Anderson in his prime when it comes to striking.

4 - Ferguson does get tagged a lot, in every single fight, yet is on a 10 fight win streak. You should stop acting like Conor's punches are instant knockouts and start crediting Tony's toughness and chin. Not to mention, fight hits the ground ONCE, it is all over.

Solid post! Some of his fanoyz are on overdose when it comes to Conor, the only reason Conor ever chose Nate is because he believed Nate to be slower, less athletic, and easier to hit, and you punch him 2x and he starts to bleed like a leaky faucet from all tat scar tissue which always creates a nice visual for the judges.

Conor is only effective if he can walk you down with pressure and bully you, if he can't do that he's forced to actually fight which he's not really good at because his mma toolbox lacks real tools except for a left handed hammer and a couple nailz. For the record there is no way on God's green earth he walks down Tony...

Stop.

1. I’m not a Conor fanboy. Read the title and somenof mymother posts. I am actually rooting for Tony. Been a fan of his since TUF. I just think this is a bad matchup for Tony.

2. What other tall lanky fighter did Conor have a problem with? Max? Didn’t he convincingly beat Max with a bad knee? Dustin P? He knocked him out pretty quick.

3. Tony wants to make this a dogfight. What does that mean exactly? That he’s willing to throw wild and leave himself open to land something himself. I’ll take the more accurate and powerful striker in that contest.

4. Tony gets tagged a lot like you said. If he can survive getting tagged a lot by Conor and still manage to get it to the ground, yeah I give Tony a chance to win. But I don’t see Tony getting Conor down easily or if he does it won’t be until he’s taken a lot of damage. Conor looked awful on the ground ONCE. The one time against Nate, that’s it. And he was gassed and rocked, panick wrestled. Fight was over before the RNC. I don’t think Tony can do so damage to Conor on the feet that he panic wrestles, rollover over to his back, and give up. Just don’t see it.

Solid post! Some of his fanoyz are on overdose when it comes to Conor, the only reason Conor ever chose Nate is because he believed Nate to be slower, less athletic, and easier to hit, and you punch him 2x and he starts to bleed like a leaky faucet from all tat scar tissue which always creates a nice visual for the judges.

Conor is only effective if he can walk you down with pressure and bully you, if he can't do that he's forced to actually fight which he's not really good at because his mma toolbox lacks real tools except for a left handed hammer and a couple nailz. For the record there is no way on God's green earth he walks down Tony...

Did Conor walk down Aldo? Pretty sure he ko’d him standing still or off his back foot. He didn’t walk down Eddie or Dustin either. They stood and traded, Conor was more accurate.

I doubt Conor follows him to the ground to finish with GNP. Conor can easily get subbed in the later rounds when he inevitably runs out of gas after round 2.
exactly
so, even if conor connect hard in the first rounds, he wont be able to finish tony

hard to see conor win

Back