Lawler vs RDA

Not exactly a risk for RDA. If he wins, he's right back in contention, if he loses, he's no worse off than he is now /shrug.

Lawler lost to Carlos condit, almost got finished by Rory before Rory nose was too fucked. Also was losing that fight too. Arguably lost twice to Hendricks. And cerrone won R1 and R2 of there fight. Lawler is exciting as fuck, but I think people romanticize him way too much.

Edit. And got KOed in one round by woodley.

He almost got finished and was ALSO losing? It never rains but it pours!

Your rundown of Lawler's fights is a bit revisionary.

If they decide to exchange, robbie will ko him.

Lawler is very, very tough to beat by decision. You often have to get him out of there to beat him. While he's had a bunch of close decision wins in recent fights, he is one of those guys who just makes a strong case for the judges because he's tough as nails and knows when to pour on the attack. Condit would have won that fight if Lawler didn't light him up in the second half of round 5. Hell, he wouldn't have taken the belt from hendricks if he didn't stifle the takedown and batter the body late in the fourth and then stalk the hell out of him in the fifth.

People talk about Lawler taking rounds off, but he paces himself in a way that is intelligent. When he goes after the opponent, he makes a very strong case for himself and often does some of his best work very late in the fight which stays fresh in the judges' minds.

RDA is a damn good finisher and has very strong cardio, but Robbie can go 5 rounds as well. My thought process is that if RDA wins, he puts down Lawler in two rounds. Longer the fight goes, more likely it's Lawler's bout.

Some guys want to tell the tale of the unbeatable Lawler. Dude got KOed by Nick Diaz!!! Got a gifted title run, gifted defense against Condit, Koed again by T-Wood... Also barely beat Cerrone. Do you know what happened to Cerrone the two times he faced RDA?

RDA is gonna lambast him.

Really tough matchup for RDA. I got nothing but respect for him on taking this matchup. Gonna go with Lawler by dominant decision.

Should be a good fight, going with Lawler by decision

Too many people complaining about a sick fight being signed, 5 rounds at that.....SMH.

Back