Why does everyone claim Woodley Thompson 1 was bad?

First fight was most boring FOTN in UFC history. The 4th round was exciting. Watch the 5th round and tell me that 1st fight was exciting. Woodley doesn't throw 1 strike in the 5th. They only got FOTN to promote the rematch.

The first fight was a decent fight. It had solid moments. The second fight was 25 minutes of the worst parts of the first fight, so in retrospect people kind of lump them together.

your looking at 90% casual fans that complain about fights like that because they are on the fence on weather or not that actually like fighting or watch it to try and fit in.
They get bored after 2 rounds and will complain about anything, lets not forget they are the ones that think fighters are suppose to march forward with no caution
and swing till they both have brain damage just because they spent 50 bucks on a PPV. Believe in what you see not what you hear because what you hear just might be coming from a jack ass/donkey.

First fight was awesome which made the letdown of the second "fight" even worse.

cuz ppl hate woodley and wanted wonderbread to win. He didnt so they hated it. same general gut reaction ignorant fuck ass beta males have about any topic they dont dont get their way in

cuz ppl hate woodley and wanted wonderbread to win. He didnt so they hated it. same general gut reaction ignorant fuck ass beta males have about any topic they dont dont get their way in

Woodley and Thompson are both heavily disliked (for example, I'm guessing you're not using 'wonderbread' as a compliment), not really sure why in either case, but its pretty obvious from the various threads. Of course both also have some very enthusiastic fans, but in general both have considerably more haters than fans.

Some of that comes with being successful. If you did a count on the absolute number of threads and posts against each fighter in MMA you'd find that the guys who've gotten the most hate are (in no particular order) Lesnar, Jones, Anderson, Fedor, GSP, Rousey, and Conor - who not coincidentally are the most well known fighters. No doubt if Woodley and Thompson stick around long enough and do well enough they too will reach the numbers of hate posts/threads that the long time champs have reached, but neither is in that territory yet.

The first fight was a decent fight, some dull moments, some good moments. I'd have given it to Woodley, but it was close, and both were there to fight. The second was extremely dull, and I think people are projecting it back onto the first.

Last edited:
First fight was good, clear WB 3-2, rematch was horrible.

Do they? I thought it was legit fight of the night- all the more impressive on a damn good, memorable card. That's what made the follow up so upsetting...

Woodley and Thompson are both heavily disliked (for example, I'm guessing you're not using 'wonderbread' as a compliment), not really sure why in either case, but its pretty obvious from the various threads. Of course both also have some very enthusiastic fans, but in general both have considerably more haters than fans.

Some of that comes with being successful. If you did a count on the number of threads against each fighter in MMA you'd find that the guys who've gotten the most hate are Lesnar, Jones, Anderson, Fedor, GSP, Rousey, and Conor - who not coincidentally are the most well known fighters. No doubt if Woodley and Thompson stick around long enough and do well enough they too will reach the numbers of hate posts/threads that the top fighters have reached, but neither is in that territory yet.

The first fight was a decent fight, some dull moments, some good moments. I'd have given it to Woodley, but it was close, and both were there to fight. The second was extremely dull, and I think people are projecting it back onto the first.

I dont recall anyone disliking wonderboy before the woodley fight. If they dislike him now its cuz he lost and failed them in their minds. He was wildly hyped and was the next big thing and 'true champ at ww' I like the guy plenty myself he's prolly the best striker in the sport. I just call him that to piss ppl of. Also a big fan of Woodley, dudes the most likeable champ in the UFC by a mile and thats hilarious because he's so widely hated.

<OKC16>

Fuck me, sherdogs caught dementia. There wouldn't have been 1 thread stating this after the fight as it was complete shit and its just as well the 2nd was worse to allow you to fixate on it.

I can't believe it, its like people are parrots and if something gets repeated ehough people will believe it. Is there a Woodley fight coming up so the shills are pumping it up.

Because Thompson was anointed the Great White Mayonnaise by Sherdog but he barely survived.

The gift draw saved Sherdog that night.

giphy.webp
48-47 Wonderboy

I don't remember anyone complaining about it being a terrible fight. That all started after the rematch....which was indeed a terrible fight.
I have seen so many people post about Woodley being in 3 straight snoozers

For me, it was partially a result of bleed over from the wonderboy-Macdonald fight.

After that snooze fest, I just wasn't totally convinced that the pereceived results and excitement of that fight were as decisive as some people, ahem, insisted they were, and I felt slightly offended for being labeled a loser and moron for thinking otherwise.

Does everyone think the first one sucked? I thought it was a good fight, the second one was pretty bad though.

I dont recall anyone disliking wonderboy before the woodley fight. If they dislike him now its cuz he lost and failed them in their minds. He was wildly hyped and was the next big thing and 'true champ at ww' I like the guy plenty myself he's prolly the best striker in the sport. I just call him that to piss ppl of. Also a big fan of Woodley, dudes the most likeable champ in the UFC by a mile and thats hilarious because he's so widely hated.

<OKC16>

I like Woodley, and don't mind Thompson. But Thompson has had a lot of critics for many years - fans too of course, but more critics. Look at his old threads, for everyone hyping Thompson there were a couple of folks dissing him.

A lot of that, for both Woodley and Thompson, is that they're successful, and that always brings out critics - and the more successful the more critics. Neither gets anywhere near the pure amount of hate that Lesnar, Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor or Rousey have received over the years. Again, just look at the hate all the top guys get - and the bigger the name, the more hate. Something about human nature I guess.

I don't remember that. If anything, the first fight was overrated. People calling it a FOTY contender.

I thought the first was OK, and the second terrible, but really they were similar in a lot of ways. It's just it took Woodley until late 5th round in the 2nd fight, while similar action happened in the 4th in the first fight. Other rounds were similar.

Back