Why is Cyborg praised for her kickboxing showing but Conor bashed?

Because Cyborg fans didnt come out of the wood work talking about some type of moral victory.

UFC made no money at all. They paid next to nothing even for the top fighters.

You're a pitiful liar.

Machida (one of your examples) started fighting in 2003. That same year, Randy Couture was paid 175,000 for beating Tito Ortiz. If that money is 'next to nothing', what is 5k? That was 14 years ago. I'm comparing it to a sport that's existed even longer than MMA. Baars needs about 170,000 more dollars to match what the UFC paid to one of its top stars back during its days of relative obscurity.

Cyborg was 170 in the cage with Lina Lansberg. You tell me.
Not sure I have to tell you anything...but since you asked. I was responding to the thread which was specifically about Mayweather vs McGregor and the parallels (or in my opinion, differences) with Cyborg vs Baars. If we are talking about any random fight involving above named fighters as you did, then well...I dunno...seems like Conor came in quite a bit heavier than his opponents when he fought at 145.

I've not seen a single person use that muay thai fight for anything positive
THIS.

I don't know wtf TS is chatting about haha. I bashed Cyborg regularly for it and he was obviously on steroids for it, as hes been caught red handed cheating on steroids many times. But still got his ass whopped

conor nuthugger here, i've never seen her get praised for that.

conor has nothing to be ashamed of though, the people shitting on him will literally shit on him for anything he does so it doesn't really matter. they're bitter as fuck.
We shit on him because he really believed he was going to knock floyd out

and? should he have believed that he was gonna lose? said " well i'll just go in and do my best! " ?

lmao, guess self belief is a bad thing.

Who cares at this point? This thread is for bashing Cyborg.

True story, she gets a lot of stick for lack of competition and other things- and deservedly so. But when it comes to this fight, I always see her getting respect for taking on a champion in her own sport and being competitive.
I bet you'd love to give cyborg a lot of stick.

You're a pitiful liar.

Machida (one of your examples) started fighting in 2003. That same year, Randy Couture was paid 175,000 for beating Tito Ortiz. If that money is 'next to nothing', what is 5k? That was 14 years ago. I'm comparing it to a sport that's existed even longer than MMA. Baars needs about 170,000 more dollars to match what the UFC paid to one of its top stars back during its days of relative obscurity.

Also, I've read, that it was her biggest payment ever, so imagine how lucrative is fighting muay thai as female (and even avarage male). I know about Baar's payment, I also I've read about Jedrzejczyk in her muay thai career, that she fought quite few times for impressive money like 100 euro.
You can't really compare muay thai to boxing or even mma. Money is shit.

'That 'bitch' dominated Cyborg from start to finish.
Except for the round or two on the judges scorecards for Cyborg but don't let facts get in the way of your lies.

This proves once again you don't watch or understand fights, you Google fight results and watch gifs.

Yes, really.

tumblr_nwg3w0v7DY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif
Oh so you can't prove it? Thought so, how embarressing.
Reread my comment, and understand the first bum to KO Baars was just cut from the UFC roster for losing her debut... against Davis lmao
I mean.. if Baars was only submited or decisioned in MMA sure i'd give her a break, but all those stopage losses came came from strikes... against MMA bums!

I wouldnt have replied to ur shit opinion if u didnt say someone got "exposed", she did better than she was supposed to in her third MT fight against a world champion!!! Her other fights she won pretty well.

I guess the mods yellow carded u for a reason, troll.

Oh so you can't prove it? Thought so, how embarressing.
Reread my comment, and understand the first bum to KO Baars was just cut from the UFC roster for losing her debut... against Davis lmao
I mean.. if Baars was only submited or decisioned in MMA sure i'd give her a break, but all those stopage losses came came from strikes... against MMA bums!

I wouldnt have replied to ur shit opinion if u didnt say someone got "exposed", she did better than she was supposed to in her third MT fight against a world champion!!! Her other fights she won pretty well.

I guess the mods yellow carded u for a reason, troll.
I read your comment. Don't need to reread. Baars destroyed Cyborg and the gifs, the fight, and the lopsided fight results prove it.

Baars was just cut from the UFC roster for losing her debut... against Davis lmao

Baars never fought Davis in the UFC, you simpleton. That was Cindy Dandois. And Alexis Davis is actually one of the more seasoned and accomplished fighters in WMMA

I've no idea if Guyborg took time out as a champ/holding up a division to pursue a kickboxing match. The difference between Conor and Guyborg is that Conor is relevant and his division is important. Guyborg isn't important and no one gave a crap whether she held up a division or not.

Conor does a boxing match and pisses off legit mma fans because they want to see him test himself against a legit contender and mma is just awesome in general to watch. Guyborg, her org back then and all of wmma is not important or legit or worth crying about

Back