Rush Limbaugh says Trump is "acting like a dictator"

It's a conservative go-to to oppose government control except when that government control aligns with your ideology. Nothing new.

No, I don't. Trump University seems like it was a scam to me, from the little I know about it.

And yet Trump claimed he was a victim because the judge was of Mexican heritage.

1. Can you name any ways Trump has usurped power from Congress or the courts? When you say acting like a dictator, do you mean his bombastic rhetoric or are your referring to any specific actions?
Attacking the free press, threatening to silence media that is critical him, appointing his kids to cushy top positions, that's all stuff I would expect out of some central american or south east asian third world country. Not the leader of the free world. Seems like Trump has more behavior in common with cheap despots than he does a democratically elected leader that serves all people and to be the executive of a congress of a republic.

Thankfully Trump was elected in America where he will be prevented from trying to run things as the sole authority. America isn't his business, its a country of free people. So far his style of "leading" is just barking out orders to Congress and sitting on the golf course waiting for his commands to be done.

2. I don't get the God King thing? From what I can see, Trump supporters are more willing to criticize Trump than the supporters of any other president in several decades. I mean, this thread is about Rush Limbaugh saying the guy is behaving like a dictator.

Now, admittedly, this may be because Trump is more worthy of criticism than other presidents. But it still negates the idea that the guy is being worshipped.

Not serious on this. You must have missed how his supporters in the WR immediately label any conservative or repub that criticizes Trump as an enemy, liberal, RINO etc. Anyone who criticizes him they immediate kick off their team, no matter how much they loved that person before.

To be fair, that's left and right.
Oh yeah, no doubt, people are people.

It's just ironically amusing to me when cons rail against "da gubment" when government is just another apparatus of control, a collective with an agenda. Religion is no different, and I think that's why government and religion are so intertwined. Irony everywhere man.

Attacking the free press, threatening to silence media that is critical him, appointing his kids to cushy top positions, that's all stuff I would expect out of some central american or south east asian third world country. Not the leader of the free world. Seems like Trump has more behavior in common with cheap despots than he does a democratically elected leader that serves all people and to be the executive of a congress of a republic.

The nepotism is a good point. However, by attacking the press, do you mean anything more than criticizing the press? Because that's not all that bad imo. The media certainly deserves as much criticism as it gets and from all quarters.

Thankfully Trump was elected in America where he will be prevented from trying to run things as the sole authority. America isn't his business, its a country of free people. So far his style of "leading" is just barking out orders to Congress and sitting on the golf course waiting for his commands to be done.

It's hard to suggest the guy is both a dictator and a leader who negligently defers most of his leadership to Congress while he golfs. Which is it? As a side note, I wish all presidents would golf more.

Not serious on this. You must have missed how his supporters in the WR immediately label any conservative or repub that criticizes Trump as an enemy, liberal, RINO etc. Anyone who criticizes him they immediate kick off their team, no matter how much they loved that person before.

Yes, I have seen it. My point is that seems par for the course. It's not like we had a long list of Democrats or liberals, whether in the media or int he War Room, who were deeply critical of Obama. The fact that there is political infighting on the right wing over Trump suggests he is less accepted even by his own base than any other president I've seen, maybe ever. Thus his historically low approval ratings.

Be real Inga

This started in its modern form under Cheney-Bush and Obama carried the torch

To suggest Obama created the template is laughable

Yes, I agree with you that Bush certainly bears responsibility as well, in several ways. But the hysterical anti-Trumpers (which is not all anti-Trumpers) who think he is a dictator needed some balance.

The folly of trying to run a government/society like a business is that businesses are private little dictatorships basically, while governments are public large democracies. Trump would rather be dictator of a fascist state than president of a democracy. Thankfully, there are checks and balances to stop him, and he's not as smart and sophisticated as he would need to be to do more damage. But let this be a lesson to the electorate moving forward...
Most businesses have structure, rules, guidelines, checks and balances... many have HR. So no, not exactly dictatorships.

Stop flailing about and freaking out Liberals. Your current heros are Limbaugh and Bannon... how low can you go? Voting for Hillary again?

<Oku02>

Oh now you limpwrists care what the dope fiend thinks hahaHAHAHA! Sad!
Conservatives in this country have been lapping up every word that dope fiend says like gospel, glued to their AM radios like lab rats for decades. It's called irony dipshit, no one "cares", it's just amusing.

Most businesses have structure, rules, guidelines, checks and balances... many have HR. So no, not exactly dictatorships.

Stop flailing about and freaking out Liberals. Your current heros are Limbaugh and Bannon... how low can you go? Voting for Hillary again?

<Oku02>
Businesses are still much more like dictatorships than democratic governments. The point still stands.

Not sure if your last paragraph was aimed at me personally at all, but FWIW I'm an anti-Trump Republican, small l libertarian rather than a Democrat/Hillary supporter. Trump's not all that conservative or especially libertarian, there's room to criticize him from the left, right, center, libertarian side, wherever.

Conservatives in this country have been lapping up every word that dope fiend says like gospel, glued to their AM radios like lab rats for decades. It's called irony dipshit, no one "cares", it's just amusing.
Lap up CNN you CHUD.

LOL why would you admit that?

Why is it acceptable to watch retarded democrat shills like Stephen Colbert, John Oliver and Trevor Noah, but it is unacceptable to listen to Rush Limbaugh? Is there really a difference between any of them?

Oh yeah, no doubt, people are people.

It's just ironically amusing to me when cons rail against "da gubment" when government is just another apparatus of control, a collective with an agenda. Religion is no different, and I think that's why government and religion are so intertwined. Irony everywhere man.
We're pretty wedded to our brand of control while arguing that it's more free than the other guy's brand of control...

Liberals in this country have been lapping up every word late night talk-show hosts say like gospel, glued to their TVs like lab rats for decades. It's called irony dipshit, no one "cares", it's just amusing.

5754703_b14a92aabd26d881cf966b96f0e7ee73.png

Liberals in this country have been lapping up every word late night talk-show hosts say like gospel, glued to their TVs like lab rats for decades. It's called irony dipshit, no one "cares", it's just amusing.

5754703_b14a92aabd26d881cf966b96f0e7ee73.png

Well I guess we can forget about me previous comment about keeping the discussion at a High School level. You are incapable

If anything Trump is acting like an SJW by (at least tacitly) encouraging a boycott of a product because of political reasons. If you don't think this is right you should stand up to it when SJW's do it. Unless you think the gloves are just off in which case don't cry when you get the fight you asked for.

Why should you have neutral principles instead of tactically attempting to advance your beliefs by whatever means necessary?

Yes, I agree with you that Bush certainly bears responsibility as well, in several ways. But the hysterical anti-Trumpers (which is not all anti-Trumpers) who think he is a dictator needed some balance.
That doesn't balance it

I am currently surrounded by Trump supporters who like that he is a strongman.

Now one doesn't mean the other but both sides are seeing something similar

Personally, to me, it's an appearance issue more than substance issue (as the substance has been there in its modern evolving form for well over 15 years)

Trumps rhetoric, not his actions, are the root of this "dictator" allegation, imo.

Is hard to cut through the hysteria with anything of thought

You're very consistent - would hate to see another good mind travel down that rabbit hole

Back