NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Someone claimed to get EDGE magazine early with their Mario Odyssey review...

m10.thumb.jpg.f98f18da2e7aa54321bc380f8d1f71e3.jpg

That's a score of 10 (as if there was any doubt ;) )

Bummed we'll be picking up Mario as Christmas present to my son. Trying to figure out if I can play it without anyone knowing and hide the game after any sessions.

Bummed we'll be picking up Mario as Christmas present to my son. Trying to figure out if I can play it without anyone knowing and hide the game after any sessions.

That's hella long to wait, isnt there another game you can get the kid?

That's hella long to wait, isnt there another game you can get the kid?

I'm sure there is something else he would enjoy, but I try to limit random game purchases for him so he doesn't get used getting brand new games when he wants them. I get games when I want, but I'm dad and I have money.

I'm sure there is something else he would enjoy, but I try to limit random game purchases for him so he doesn't get used getting brand new games when he wants them. I get games when I want, but I'm dad and I have money.

Probably better this way in the long run.

Kinda weird to say but I'm far more excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 than Mario. Hell I doubt I'll even get it at launch, I'll have XBC2, Splatoon 2 and the Breath of the Wild story DLC to keep me busy.

I'm surprised that already, there's a good backlog of games I'm really excited to play for Switch.

Need to finish Golf Story
Need to finish Rabbids
NBA 2K18
Mario
Splatoon 2
Arms

More for switch than PC currently. Hopefully Yooka Laylee will be out soon; I've put off buying it on PC to experience it first on a Nintendo console for the full nostalgia experience.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/day-...s-beaten-all-other-formats-says-curve/0188186

Day One sales for The Flame in the Flood on Switch has beaten all other formats, says Curve

Curve Digital released indie roguelike The Flame in the Flood on the Nintendo Switch yesterday, and the game has already "smashed" expectations, according to publishing director Simon Byron, beating Day One sales for all other platforms it's been released on.

Byron also added on Twitter (see below) that the success of The Flame in the Flood has resulted in increased interest for its upcoming title Bomber Crew as well, which is now the publisher's most wishlisted game prior to launch.

"It’s a real relief having our personal enthusiasm for the Switch being backed up with sales success," he told MCV. "It’s been incredibly frustrating only having anecdotal evidence about the buzz for Switch titles, so we’ve been genuinely desperate to get a game out there so we could get some hard data ourselves.

"There was a real buzz in the office this morning – [managing director] Jason [Perkins] was in before me, which is very rare indeed – and it was specifically due to the excitement of seeing figures. I had a number in my head which I would be very pleased with – and it was a third over that.

"Indeed, it’s fair to say it’s had its best ever day on any console since we’ve been publishing it, beating any other format we have launched on. It’s done just under half of our first full month forecast in a day.

"There are always nerves around launching a new title – and particularly on a new format – but The Flame In The Flood is a perfect fit on Switch and we’re delighted it’s been received so well. Next up for us on Switch will be Serial Cleaner, with Human: Fall Flat following in December."

MCV spoke to developer The Molasses Flood earlier in the year about the creation of The Flame in the Flood and why it chose Kickstarter to help fund the game's development.

Kinda weird to say but I'm far more excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 than Mario. Hell I doubt I'll even get it at launch, I'll have XBC2, Splatoon 2 and the Breath of the Wild story DLC to keep me busy.

I feel the same way. I'm an RPG guy, so Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be a great way to end an already stellar 2017. Then Q1 2018 will start big with Monster Hunter, Ni No Kuni 2, and the Secret of Mana Remaster.

Don't get me wrong, Mario looks awesome but platformers don't hold my attention like RPG's do.

Will probably get Xenoblade but the Wii U one seemed so boring and I quit after 15-20 hours. Way too much dialogue and you have this huge world that just feels unused.

My Nintendo Switch is a Godsend. All I do is tend my Stardew Farm while at work, lol.

Waiting on reviews for that one. Even though it looks good Steam hasn’t been too kind.

It's really good! Gamespot already 8.0'd the Nintendo Switch edition. The NS version has all the latest patches and bug fixes with sorted some of the inv issues. I've put about 6h into it and it's a lot of fun, and more importantly it works well as a Switch game.

It's really good! Gamespot already 8.0'd the Nintendo Switch edition. The NS version has all the latest patches and bug fixes with sorted some of the inv issues. I've put about 6h into it and it's a lot of fun, and more importantly it works well as a Switch game.

Yeah I did end up getting it Friday night. It actually is pretty good.

Back