Intermitant fasting question......

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
......I go without food early in the day then later im hungry so I have a full meal and about half an hour later im really hungry again ready for Tehran full meal.

Its like my body knows im down 1000 calories for the day and makes me alot hungrier alot faster after a big meal.

So thats my experience of this technique ie it doesn't work.

Am I doing it wrong?

Whats your experience?

normally i am not hungry until noon or 1 p.m., so the 16/8 thing is pretty natural for me.
fasting is no magic solution. you still have to count calories if you don't get a deficit without it.

if you are used to eating a lot and often you have to break the habits.

i feel different kinds of hunger. one is just an empty stomach and fades away if i just keep busy.
the other one is after not eating for at least 16 hours and feels more substantial.

fasting only works for me if i have a busy day. sitting at home and thinking about hunger is detrimental.

How long have you been doing this? Give it a while.

Also, have you been drinking water as well?

Being hungry after a full meal is not normal. Give it a couple of weeks, it's mostly mental.

Caffeine will help through out the day but without knowing your macros and how much fiber you are consuming it's impossible to say why you aren't fill. I garunteed if you eat a good portion of vegetables coupled with some form of protein you will be satiated.

Down 1000 calories? That deficit is too high

That sounds more like psychological hunger than physiological hunger.

What do you have for your first meal?

I would suggest trying out no carbs with lunch (excluding greens).
If you can stomach eating the same lunch every day or every other day then:
Salad + greens (peas, cucumber, pepperoni, etc.), garlic/onion/scallion/etc., chicken, egg, avocado, nuts, oil, a bit of some light cheese like feta if you want. (csb: I hate cucumber but I try to eat a bunch because it's filling and has few calories, plus it's green so good for you. The crunchiness also adds a nice texture to the salad. So I have to add a bit of feta to make it easier. I'm working on gradually reducing but it will be hard to eat cucumber alone).
That's basically what I eat for lunch most days. Sometimes I switch chicken for canned tuna and prawns.

You can have a large serving of chicken which will help with satiety during the afternoon (in my case I train in the morning so I like to have a good bunch of protein for lunch). Not too much fats, rather for taste and variety, and basically as much greens as you can stomach. Add herbs like basil to taste.
It also allows for a larger piece of carbs at diner which helps with relaxing and getting to sleep.

I currently do a 18/6 split. Eating between 4pm and 10pm. I train in a fasted state.

When I do eat, I have about 2/3 meal in my feeding window. This includes a protein shake,as well.

Few things jump out which may or may not help ya..

Loading up on carbs the night before/1st meal

Attempting to over-dose on coffee

Making water your bitch

Also tweak the hours (extending feeding window) and see if that helps

More then anything, sneaking in one 20-24 hour fast

Back