USA! USA! United States Men's National Soccer Team Discussion Thread

I'm sorry i meant no offense but all of a sudden USA soccer is all over ESPN and sports talk?

I always make threads about Scotiabank Champions League. It's irrelevant to me whether the clubs from USA do well or do horribly in the Champions League. Of course, I would prefer that USA clubs have better performances than they have had in the past (if only to keep the clubs from Liga México sharp and in shape).

If I worked at ESPN (and if I had any influence whatsoever), I would always try to increase awareness of all of Football soccer.

This is horrible, after a second place 2010 and a third place
2014, no the Netherlands at the world cup 2018, just horrible.

Generational gaps do that.

They cant field Sneijder, Robben and Van Persie again and expect to make a top 4 finish if they dont have anyone to take their place.

If you look at the USA team there is no one in the 24-29 range with the weight of Howard, Dempsey, Donovan, Bocanegra, Bradley thats like a lost generation.

Our women's team isn't better than our U-15s.

I'll give you hotter, though.

giphy.gif
no breast, not that much butt, ok face, probably not much hotter than the U-15s

Generational gaps do that.

They cant field Sneijder, Robben and Van Persie again and expect to make a top 4 finish if they dont have anyone to take their place.

If you look at the USA team there is no one in the 24-29 range with the weight of Howard, Dempsey, Donovan, Bocanegra, Bradley thats like a lost generation.
It’s a fucking shame. We lost 10 years of player development.

Klansman called this when Bradley, Dempsey, Jones and co. came to the MLS.

USA needs to get Mourinho. He's the GOAT

I remember when they used to give out free tickets to galaxy games and no one would still go. Reminded me of the cangels lmao.

Its funny people bitch about the MLS.
The MLS has help some of the smaller CONCACAF nations develop players.
Panama team had 6 MLS players.
Costa Rica had 8.
Honduras 3. ( Most Honduras team plays in Honduras.)
Trinidad and Tobago had 4 MLS and 4 USL.
Mexico 2.

Its funny people bitch about the MLS.
The MLS has help some of the smaller CONCACAF nations develop players.
Panama team had 6 MLS players.
Costa Rica had 8.
Honduras 3. ( Most Honduras team plays in Honduras.)
Trinidad and Tobago had 4 MLS and 4 USL.
Mexico 2.

USA isn't a "smaller" nation, and it's pretty much hit its ceiling in terms of "developing" players via the MLS. In order to take the next step USA needs to send their players to Europe and recruit coaches from Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back