Looks Like the Shield 2.0 Has Finally Arrived

Ashton

Allez Cuisine!
@purple
Reaction score
...and it is literally the exact same pistol, just with updated grip and the 2.0 trigger. These are two characteristics that a ton of shield owners, myself included have already improved through the aftermarket.
22406345_10212834276125182_1947738039151280302_n.jpg

Last edited:
<LikeReally5>

And people accuse Glock of always looking the same. I think the only company that truly freshens up designs on the regular is Ruger. It’s a shame that past business practices have left a segment of gun owners still bitter towards Ruger.

Glock is always the same, reliably the same, I appreciate that about Glock.

I've carried Glock for a long time, but decided to try the MP Shield for my carry gun. I wanted a safety being the main reason, more than a trigger safety that is. I'm with you TS, replaced there trigger, replaced the sights. I think it's a great gun. Seems to me there wasn't allot to improve.

<LikeReally5>

And people accuse Glock of always looking the same. I think the only company that truly freshens up designs on the regular is Ruger. It’s a shame that past business practices have left a segment of gun owners still bitter towards Ruger.

At least the shield has front serrations lol

<LikeReally5>

I don't know man. Other than those ruger American pistols, pretty much everything they make is exactly the same as it has been for the last ~ 50 years. Hawkeye rifles, mini 14s, 10/22s, blackhawks, redhawks....

Even when they release something "new" it's basically just a re introduction of something they made in the past.

That being said, ruger is one of my favorite companies out there. The 2 guns I use the most are rugers (a 77/22 and a redhawk 44mag).

In fact, I was out hunting spruce grouse today and I had a tough time deciding if I'd take the good old 77/22 or if I'd take my tacsol 10/22.

I don't know man. Other than those ruger American pistols, pretty much everything they make is exactly the same as it has been for the last ~ 50 years. Hawkeye rifles, mini 14s, 10/22s, blackhawks, redhawks....

Even when they release something "new" it's basically just a re introduction of something they made in the past.

That being said, ruger is one of my favorite companies out there. The 2 guns I use the most are rugers (a 77/22 and a redhawk 44mag).

In fact, I was out hunting spruce grouse today and I had a tough time deciding if I'd take the good old 77/22 or if I'd take my tacsol 10/22.

I was mainly referring to their centerfire semi pistol lines. From the P series, to the SR series, to now the American series. Also add in the LC sub compact series as well.

I was mainly referring to their centerfire semi pistol lines. From the P series, to the SR series, to now the American series. Also add in the LC sub compact series as well.

I miss the "P" series of pistols. The SR and the American lines are bullshit. I used to have a p90 that we actually tried to break, just shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it and never cleaned or lubed it. The thing just wouldn't stop working. Water, mud, nothing.

The P series basically failed along with their pistol caliber carbines that used the same magazines as the P series pistols, they were trying to get in with law enforcement agencies by having sort of a "modular" platform but it just didn't catch on.

Up here in Alaska, I'd say ruger is the most common gun company I see around by a long shot, I mean it's not even close. The hawkeye rifles and mini 14s are basically the Alaskan guns (even though the official state gun is a Winchester m70 30-06).

I've seen ruger Hawkeyes with no finish left on them because they have been put through the ringer in the bush for decades and they still shoot reliably and accurately. I guess my point is that I wish ruger wouldn't bother themselves with BS and just stick to hunting rifles and revolvers.

Rant off.

I miss the "P" series of pistols. The SR and the American lines are bullshit. I used to have a p90 that we actually tried to break, just shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it and never cleaned or lubed it. The thing just wouldn't stop working. Water, mud, nothing.

The P series basically failed along with their pistol caliber carbines that used the same magazines as the P series pistols, they were trying to get in with law enforcement agencies by having sort of a "modular" platform but it just didn't catch on.

Up here in Alaska, I'd say ruger is the most common gun company I see around by a long shot, I mean it's not even close. The hawkeye rifles and mini 14s are basically the Alaskan guns (even though the official state gun is a Winchester m70 30-06).

I've seen ruger Hawkeyes with no finish left on them because they have been put through the ringer in the bush for decades and they still shoot reliably and accurately. I guess my point is that I wish ruger wouldn't bother themselves with BS and just stick to hunting rifles and revolvers.

Rant off.

Having shot the Glock, M&P, and American lines. Out of the box, the American is the better pistol with a buttery smooth trigger.

Great trigger, zero after market support. Pass.

For its intended purpose, you don’t need much more than a light for the rail provided.

Would consider for affordable full size home defense.

Integral CT laser option from the factory. I personally like grip activation more than manual, but its a cool feature.
Tritium night sights available from the factory as well.

I can't help but notice that little bump in the back of the trigger well, that looks like it might interfere with an APEX.

11671_01_lg.jpg

Back