My first day in a boxing class from AKB/TaeKwonDo

The guys complaining bought 20-30 dollars Everest. No wonder they sucked.

Some of the mid-priced ones (Protex) seemed decent to some people, but they didn't last a long time, from what they had to say.

Good luck

You bought the gloves, no going back now.

If you like boxing after you do it for a bit, buy more gloves.

I'm kind of a weirdo with gloves. I have Twins, Sabas, and Triumphs. And bag mitts. and I'll probaby buy more.

Good luck

You bought the gloves, no going back now.

If you like boxing after you do it for a bit, buy more gloves.

I'm kind of a weirdo with gloves. I have Twins, Sabas, and Triumphs. And bag mitts. and I'll probaby buy more.

He's bound by honor now...blood in, blood out.

now-yous-cant-leave.jpg

He's bound by honor now...blood in, blood out.

now-yous-cant-leave.jpg

Hehe. I don't know why people react as if I joined the military. Kickboxing sparring is surely more dangerous. I'm not going to be a punching bag.

Hehe. I don't know why people react as if I joined the military. Kickboxing sparring is surely more dangerous. I'm not going to be a punching bag.
nah you are wrong bro. You take way more shots to the head in boxing. No kicks to keep the distance or push them away.

nah you are wrong bro. You take way more shots to the head in boxing. No kicks to keep the distance or push them away.

That's assuming I spar a seasoned guy, which I won't. I will spar guys who started with me and work my way up

My coach advices me to rub my gloves with a bit of vaseline. Is this legit advice?

My coach advices me to rub my gloves with a bit of vaseline. Is this legit advice?

Sparring with headgear on? Then no

Sparring without headgear on? Then maybe

It's mainly used to prevent cuts, although in my experience you'd just be better off applying it your own face and on the inside of the headgear than your opponents gloves. Can cause breakouts though...

Sparring with headgear on? Then no

Sparring without headgear on? Then maybe

It's mainly used to prevent cuts, although in my experience you'd just be better off applying it your own face and on the inside of the headgear than your opponents gloves. Can cause breakouts though...

What about longevity when only hitting bags?

What about longevity when only hitting bags?

Longevity will be based off of the quality of the leather and stitching as well as the foam they used for the padding. With your everlast, I would imagine yours will break down after 4-6 months of moderate usage (3-4x a week, hour long sessions).

Once you learn to hit harder and more efficiently I imagine you'll buy a better pair.

Long story short, vaseline will not help. Leather conditioner might though.

Longevity will be based off of the quality of the leather and stitching as well as the foam they used for the padding. With your everlast, I would imagine yours will break down after 4-6 months of moderate usage (3-4x a week, hour long sessions).

Once you learn to hit harder and more efficiently I imagine you'll buy a better pair.

Long story short, vaseline will not help. Leather conditioner might though.

No way 70 dollar Everlast breaks down in 4-6 months

Last edited:
No way 70 dollar Everest breaks down in 4-6 months

For a soccer mom in a cardio kickboxing class they won't.

For someone who puts in hard quality work week in and week out they certainly will.

Let me know if they're still holding up in 6 months so we can change your username from Spacetime to Soccermom.

For a soccer mom in a cardio kickboxing class they won't.

For someone who puts in hard quality work week in and week out they certainly will.

Let me know if they're still holding up in 6 months so we can change your username from Spacetime to Soccermom.

One of his fighters uses Everlast.

Maybe. You should also rub vaseline all over your cock & balls before putting on your cup. Helps prevent chaffing when you get punched in the groin.

[
Maybe. You should also rub vaseline all over your cock & balls before putting on your cup. Helps prevent chaffing when you get punched in the groin.

Anyone in that gym who isn't quote un quote "good" is going to get steamrolled.

Welcome to the department of redundancy department.

Especially when I still train a
TaeKwonDo style with 50% time spent on punching and some hands only sparring. My cordination is superior to guys at these levels and my hands are better...

I mainly picked boxing because TKD 3 times a week for 1 hour was too easy after 3 years. I have decided to do both Boxing and Taekwondo and be a legitimate badass. I already have full contact experience thanks due to the Kickboxer who joined us.

Last edited:
Just recieved my Everlast gloves. Here are the specs for the finest brand in boxing:

Genuine leather for durability

Protective foam 3 layers of shock-absorbing foam protecting hands

Thumblock

Airvents.

Antimicrobial lining

Double stitching

Hook and loop wrist strap

Grip cord

I am going to buy another Everlast pair for the bag. Should I get as small as possible for that? The ones I have now are 16 Oz and my trainer loved that, says I can go harder in sparring.

I am going to buy another Everlast pair for the bag. Should I get as small as possible for that? The ones I have now are 16 Oz and my trainer loved that, says I can go harder in sparring.

If you go with lighter gloves for the bag, the extra weight will make you feel slow when it's time to spar, so for that reason I recommend 16 oz again. If you ever compete (in boxing or mma) your hands will feel like super fast because of the smaller glove weight used in competitions.

A lot of people go with 14 oz for the bag and mits, dunno why. If you go smaller than that, it doesn't protect your hand as much so you might have to dial down the power on the heavy bag.

Some people like tiny gloves (bag gloves) for the heavy bag so they can get a feel for punching accurately with the right part of the fist, etc. You can definitely "feel" it more through the glove and that includes pain if you do something wrong.

Back