PWD 501: TV Ratings and PPV Buys (No One Cares... Except Struggle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try and guess the people who want to leave:

My guesses

Gallows and Anderson (although, they wouldn't need advice from Cody... Scratch that)

- -

Dolph Ziggler - bad spot forever, rumors of him retiring. Maybe he takes a crack at the Indies.

Rusev - gets split from his wife, hasn't won a meaningful feud in... Ever.

Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas - brothers who are stuck in the gutter. May be looking to leave.

Colons - are they still on the roster?
If there is one person who I could see actually benefiting then it's Bray. He could be the badass he's supposed to be and work a great power style against guys like Big Kenny. He's the only one I see being able to go out on his own, get more over, then come back as the superstar he should be

If there is one person who I could see actually benefiting then it's Bray. He could be the badass he's supposed to be and work a great power style against guys like Big Kenny. He's the only one I see being able to go out on his own, get more over, then come back as the superstar he should be

Good idea. I'd love to see Bray in NJPW. can have solid matches with Elgin, Omega, Naito, EVIL, Sanada, Okada, Ibushi, etc. Anyone really.

His hard hitting style would be great over there.

I also mentioned Bray as wanting to leave because he just seems unhappy. You always hear about him being frustrated with his character, not having Mania matches, Vince not listening to his ideas, etc.

Good idea. I'd love to see Bray in NJPW. can have solid matches with Elgin, Omega, Naito, EVIL, Sanada, Okada, Ibushi, etc. Anyone really.

His hard hitting style would be great over there.

I also mentioned Bray as wanting to leave because he just seems unhappy. You always hear about him being frustrated with his character, not having Mania matches, Vince not listening to his ideas, etc.
As long as he tells Bullet Club to fuck off when they blow him so he'll join them

In an interview with Metal Injection, Chris Jericho gave his thoughts on the firing of Jimmy Jacobs by WWE. Jacobs was fired for posting a photo with the Bullet Club when they “invaded” RAW.

He said: “Jimmy’s good and if I was there I would’ve tried to help him out, but it’s not the smartest of moves. If I work at McDonalds and post a picture of me hanging out with guys from Wendy’s and hashtag ‘Wendy’s is great,’ McDonalds might not be too happy about it. I think Jimmy’s a smart guy and maybe wouldn’t surprise me if he knew something was going to happen. Maybe he was getting sick of it, I don’t know. I just know as soon as I saw that picture, I was just like ‘ooof,’ with the hashtag ‘#BCInvasion,’ you can’t do that man. I mean, you can’t. Was it a fireable offense? Well, it’s not my decision, obviously Vince thought it was, which tells me there was probably some other stuff going on and that was the final straw. And I will say this, last year, 2016, Jimmy Jacobs was my co-writer on all of it. All of it! And the weeks he wasn’t there I was like ‘Ah f**k, I don’t like this, I want Jimmy.’ So he’s very talented, and he really got me. I worked with him a few times and I went to [head writer] Dave Kapoor, I want Scoville, which is his real name, Chris Scoville, on every Jericho promo. No one else. Because that’s how much I trusted his talent, his instincts.“

https://411mania.com/wrestling/chris...bs-wwe-firing/

looks like nia jax might have walked out also

looks like nia jax might have walked out also

I don't buy it. For one, she doesn't have as good of options in wrestling outside WWE right now as Neville does and two, if she had some complaints, she would call the rock. Lol

But

Making it in the big leagues > not making it.

Not everyone can though so I think that it's smart for somebody like Aries or any of the guys allegedly reaching out to Cody to do whatever to make as much as they can.

Only so many spots and so many breaks when there's only one big show in town.

Gallows and Anderson? We were going to have you back and forth with New Day but, you see, Demolition is suing us and they've got the title reign record so...

And to not turn down $500K a year contracts

Never mind!
Seriously, though, if you can make more than half that while working the way you like? If anyone else had anywhere near the training/therapy services that the E has...

Pretty sure it is just most of the 205 guys, and maybe some tag guys.

If I had to guess, I would say maybe Rusev is the biggest name maybe looking to leave

"It doesn't surprise me because I think a guy like Neville, whenever I worked with him we had great matches, He reminds me a lot, actually, of working with Chris Benoit in that he's very hard-hitting, he's very solid, very graceful and not stiff in the least, just a really innovative, smart worker. I think he wasn't really getting his shot in the WWE, and the cruiserweight thing is fine but let's be honest, it is what it is. I think there's a lot higher potential for a guy like Neville in the ring and also the character."

"If he left you know that he's gonna be one of those guys like Cody Rhodes, guys like the Young Bucks and Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll that are making a choice not to be in WWE and proving that it's not the be-all, end-all if you're not there, Look at Tommy Dreamer with House Of Hardcore, very successful outside of the reigns of the WWE."

"It's a big step, it's like walking off the side of a building and being told that there's a net at the bottom, but you can't see it. So you don't know for sure if he's making the right decision as of right now. But talent-wise, character-wise and intelligence-wise, he's got all three of those things. So he's not making this decision lightly, and I think wherever he ends up he'll be probably a bigger star than he was before just by getting a bigger opportunity."

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmrush/...lles-potential

Let's try and guess the people who want to leave:

My guesses

Gallows and Anderson (although, they wouldn't need advice from Cody... Scratch that)

- -

Dolph Ziggler - bad spot forever, rumors of him retiring. Maybe he takes a crack at the Indies.

Rusev - gets split from his wife, hasn't won a meaningful feud in... Ever.

Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas - brothers who are stuck in the gutter. May be looking to leave.

Colons - are they still on the roster?
Cena is the most obvious. Not getting any title runs and having to put people over all the time has him fed up. Plus, not being able to work as a face has to be eating him alive.

Pretty sure it is just most of the 205 guys, and maybe some tag guys.

If I had to guess, I would say maybe Rusev is the biggest name maybe looking to leave

Let's be honest, WWE is about 5 years past due on some Future Endeavors. They need to trim the fat bad.

Let's be honest, WWE is about 5 years past due on some Future Endeavors. They need to trim the fat bad.
Not really, they have 5 hours of live tv a week, and don't have the roster/writing talent to fill it.

I don't buy it. For one, she doesn't have as good of options in wrestling outside WWE right now as Neville does and two, if she had some complaints, she would call the rock. Lol
if she's sick of wrestling then she'll do something else like Dibiase Jr

that travel and grind isn't for everyone

I tried to tell @bbbdvan81 this is why you can't do a cruiserweight division in today's wrestling climate.

1. No International Stars From Mexico & Japan to make people care
2. The talent isn't as entertaining as they were in the 90s
3. Casuals Don't Care About 'Rasslin' They Want Stars
4. The wrestle the same style as everyone else on the roster
5. Manlets are way too uppity now and they think the division is beneath them, especially the ones from the indy circuit.

They seriously need to drop the entire the division and start some massive layoffs, too many people on the payroll.

I was one of the posters interested in a CW division, but not like the one we got. (I'm not sure, but I think other posters were in the same boat as me.) I wanted the division to be mostly for guys that were already around, but were too small to be at all believable against Brock, Braun, Roman, etc. Guys like Kalisto, Neville, Sin Cara, Tyler Breeze, Balor, Gable, Ziggler, Slater, etc. So as to utilize the roster they already had that was doing a whole lot of nothing, not to bring in a bunch of guys that were even smaller than them, who weren't established, who, mostly, had zero personalities, and who were going to create their own stupid "universe" within the WWE with its own show and stupid purple ropes.

Raw is 3 hours long with a whole lot of shitty filler. I think a 15-minute match between Gable and Ziggler where the winner gets a CW title shot at Balor at the next PPV is a much better use of time then another replay package of some shit we've already seen twice that week or another garbage backstage segment or whatever. And if a guy like Balor is able to get over in the division, he can move up to the HW division, like Jericho did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back