Anyone Ever Watch YouTube Series "Man At Arms"? Awesome Master Blacksmith Making Cool Weapons

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't checked out the series but is a fan of movie / tv action series, the Master Blacksmith's at Baltimore Knife & Blade have an ongoing series where they master craft some of the most popular weapons in movie / tv / videogame lore. It's pretty fuckin' awesome to watch the process and how much work goes into making real life bad ass (and lethal) versions of the weapons I thought were so awesome growing up watching some of these shows. I definitely recommend giving some of their videos a watch.

Here are some of the popular weapons they've done at the shop:

Jon Snow's Longclaw (Game of Thrones)

Wolverine's Claws (X-Men)

Sora's Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts)

Cloud's Buster Sword (Final Fantasy)

And these are just a few from a 40 episode Season 1. He's got 3 seasons so far full of stuff like this. It's pretty awesome to watch, he goes over a very detailed process and really shows how it all gets done. Very cool. Let me know what you guys think!

Haven't, but showcasing smithing skills seems more interesting than most of the random job reality shows, and certainly better than your skill in life being watching Spongebob for 5 hours.

Haven't, but showcasing smithing skills seems more interesting than most of the random job reality shows, and certainly better than your skill in life being watching Spongebob for 5 hours.
Never really been into these types of shows, but this one is kick ass. These guys are obviously master-level at what they do. Seems like a very difficult skill to hone.

Think I have seen every episode but the later seasons are so much better than the early ones.

I'm noticing that as well, much better production and editing.

Yep plus the other guys they hired or brought in for the videos seem like actual blacksmiths, not just movie prop makers.

Not saying the initial guy doesn’t know his stuff.

Really cool channel, only find their testing at the end so corny. Just smashing bottles and shit.

Anyone who has an interest in smithing, check out Alec Steele's youtube channel. This kid puts up a new high quality video nearly every day.

Good Shit, not seen it before I'll check it out when I get home. I do watch the Anvil episodes of C&Rsenal which is a bit similar.

Seen every episode. Ilya, the Russian guy who does most of the forging, once competed on Forged in Fire, a History Channel show that has weaponsmiths compete. He made a badass spiked shield/gauntlet hybrid in the final.

no but i watch

Seen every episode. Ilya, the Russian guy who does most of the forging, once competed on Forged in Fire, a History Channel show that has weaponsmiths compete. He made a badass spiked shield/gauntlet hybrid in the final.

vp-1005.JPG

Back