If Bill Gates gave you 7 billion dollars what would you buy with it?

• Quit work
  • Make wife quit work
  • Have another kid
  • Buy a bigger house (5 BR 3 Bath or so) in the same location I am now for around $500k
  • Buy a vacation house in the mountains, 6 hours away suitable for my family size for around $500k
  • Buy a vacation house by the beach, 2 hours away suitable for my family size for around $500k
  • Build a few gaming PC's for each house
  • Buy the wife a brand new Ford Explorer Sport for around $40k-$50k
  • Buy a huge Ford diesel truck for around $80k-$90k lifted and all
  • Buy a huge camper around $100k
  • Buy a nice pontoon boat around $40k-$50k
  • Put 1 billion in all three kids savings
  • Put rest of the money in the bank
I would never say no to going out or doing anything with the wife and kids since money wouldn't be tight. I would spend 2 weeks at home per month, 1 week at either vacation house, and another week off traveling the world and doing fun stuff with the family. I would buy all low-moderate purchases I saw that I wanted with no worries of going broke. I would not spoil the kids and buy them everything, I would make them work for whatever they wanted. That part of me would not change a bit, because raising your kids correctly should be the main priority once that kid pops out. Too many douches in the world.

Kids wouldn't be able to touch their money until they graduate high school, where they would get $1500 per month. They would also have the ability to use that money to pay for college. They would continue to get $1500 per month from their billion until they graduate college, in which case the number gets upped to $3000 and they will be kicked out of the house at that time. If they do not have any life skills, do not have any role to play in the world, no ambition to get a real job, and are not decent human beings by the age of 30, all money will be liquidated from the accounts and they will have no more monthly allowance.

If they have kids, each kid gets a savings started with $250 million of their money, and the plan starts all over per kid. If they have more than 3 kids, $750 million of the parents money will be split in however many ways.

No idea what I would do with the other 3 billion.... Probably prostitutes and drugs.....

Wow, it seems like you’ve thought about this before:)

I would buy a greek island and form a colony where people could come and live as if it was 400 BC classical Greece.

Continue living in my home, just turn the basement into a full gym by knocking down some of the walls and taking the tile out and putting rubber mating down. Take whatever course tickled my fancy and continue to invest in dividend stocks and prefs. at ~+10% return.

Id buyout Fuddruckers and rename it Fatfuckers and make the smallest patty for a childs meal atleast 1 lb.

• Quit work
  • Make wife quit work
  • Have another kid
  • Buy a bigger house (5 BR 3 Bath or so) in the same location I am now for around $500k
  • Buy a vacation house in the mountains, 6 hours away suitable for my family size for around $500k
  • Buy a vacation house by the beach, 2 hours away suitable for my family size for around $500k
  • Build a few gaming PC's for each house
  • Buy the wife a brand new Ford Explorer Sport for around $40k-$50k
  • Buy a huge Ford diesel truck for around $80k-$90k lifted and all
  • Buy a huge camper around $100k
  • Buy a nice pontoon boat around $40k-$50k
  • Put 1 billion in all three kids savings
  • Put rest of the money in the bank
I would never say no to going out or doing anything with the wife and kids since money wouldn't be tight. I would spend 2 weeks at home per month, 1 week at either vacation house, and another week off traveling the world and doing fun stuff with the family. I would buy all low-moderate purchases I saw that I wanted with no worries of going broke. I would not spoil the kids and buy them everything, I would make them work for whatever they wanted. That part of me would not change a bit, because raising your kids correctly should be the main priority once that kid pops out. Too many douches in the world.

Kids wouldn't be able to touch their money until they graduate high school, where they would get $1500 per month. They would also have the ability to use that money to pay for college. They would continue to get $1500 per month from their billion until they graduate college, in which case the number gets upped to $3000 and they will be kicked out of the house at that time. If they do not have any life skills, do not have any role to play in the world, no ambition to get a real job, and are not decent human beings by the age of 30, all money will be liquidated from the accounts and they will have no more monthly allowance.

If they have kids, each kid gets a savings started with $250 million of their money, and the plan starts all over per kid. If they have more than 3 kids, $750 million of the parents money will be split in however many ways.

No idea what I would do with the other 3 billion.... Probably prostitutes and drugs.....

Except after taxes, you're 'only' left with about 4.27billion - giving a billion to each kid means you have 1.27 billion left.

Assuming you live in the States and in a state that has no State tax.

Except after taxes, you're 'only' left with about 4.27billion - giving a billion to each kid means you have 1.27 billion left.

Assuming you live in the States and in a state that has no State tax.

Well fuck, I couldn't live on 1.27 billion..... :p

Just another house and boat. The rest I would spend on experiences and give it away. Well, most. Have to save for the future, but not too much.

After taxes i.e. about 4.27bill, I'd not do much but buy some major land acreage and build my dream home there and live pretty care free - If that left me with about 3.5 billion then I'd let that sit in various investments and earn 100s of million a year in interest instead and live off that.

After taxes take 3-billion, i invest 3,999,000,000 in stocks and real estate. Put some in a gov bond too. Then survive off of/play around with 1 mill for the time being

Why do you assume the $7 billion is taxable? What's to say you can't just keep the whole thing?

latest

816.gif

Suspicion. Bill Gates would by my suspicion.

tf am I going to do with billions at once, invest. I only need 1 mill to live comfortably and I can make more money by investing the rest of the billions
If you only need $1M, and you have $4.72B, why do you need to invest to make more money?

Don't be cheap bro. Buy socks.

Back