What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Post pics when it's all done.

My friend has a Mark 8 3.5-25x56 illuminated mildot and I really like it. Very clear and bright. The Mark 8 has better glass than Mark 6. He can get leupold for like 40-50% off so I thought about getting the Mark 8 M5C2 non illuminated but the Vortex just has it beat on features and reticle(imo, I don't like the super busy Tremor or H59 stuff, I would get leupold tmr and Vortex ebr-2c) for the price. The Mark 6 costs an extra $1200 for illumination :eek:. I don't really need it but it's always nice to have extra features. So I wouldn't get the illuminated model.

So that's the biggest thing.

Mark 6 3-18x44 non-illuminated TMR. Very compact and lightweight. Price of $1500-1600ish.

Vortex razor hd ii 4.5-27x56 ebr-2c
Illuminated, better glass, better reticle(imo), much higher magnification. Really the only downside is that it is a heavy pig but I won't notice that laying on the ground. I will wait for black friday/cyber monday sale and hope it's

I definitely will send up some pics, hopefully before December due to lead times.

I think the Mk 8 is a much more premier long range scope. The Mk 8 is badass, and has a bad ass price to match! 40-50%? Do you know what pro-deal he is under? Or is he sponsored? That's a kick ass deal. I forget what I get.

I'm with you, for comps on my own long range stuff it's usually truck to ground and moving a few stations under no time limit. So I'll carry a big scope around like a Razer 4.5-27. If the comp was more dynamic I would probably look to another option.

Last edited:
I definitely will send up some pics, hopefully before December due to lead times.

I think the Mk 8 is a much more premier long range scope. The Mk 8 is badass, and has a bad ass price to match! 40-50%? Do you know what pro-deal he is under? Or is he sponsored? That's a kick ass deal. I forget what I get.

I'm with you, for comps on my own long range stuff it's usually truck to ground and moving a few stations under no time limit. So I'll carry a big scope around like a Razer 4.5-27. If the comp was more dynamic I would probably look to another option.

An answer you definitely aren't expecting lol

He is a former MLB player and his agent got him a number of benefits when he signed. He is still good friends with the agent and still gets the benefits. So he gets Oakley's for free, Leupold 40-50%, free Nike shoes and golf balls, etc lol

He is a former MLB player and his agent got him a number of benefits when he signed. He is still good friends with the agent and still gets the benefits. So he gets Oakley's for free, Leupold 40-50%, free Nike shoes and golf balls, etc lol

Dude. Awesome. Props to that man! Well played!

Last edited:

My buddy is a leupold dealer so I end up with lots of their stuff. I think I paid ~325.00 for my vx3i 2-5-8x36 and less than 300 for my 1.4-5x20 that sits on my 375HH.

I've been trying to trim weight off my pack for sheep and goat hunting, I'm pretty sure I'm ditching my kifaru pack for a stone glacier pack.

I'm also trying to perfect a clothing system for mountain hunting, in trying to create the ultimate sheep hunting package. After failing on kodiak island and spending 10 days in pouring rain I'm really starting to re think some gear choices.

Needed a scope for a bolt-action .22lr. On a whim I just ordered a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40 for $133 shipped. Not sure how great a deal or selection that it, but it gets me past the analysis/paralysis stage.

I've been trying to trim weight off my pack for sheep and goat hunting, I'm pretty sure I'm ditching my kifaru pack for a stone glacier pack.

I'm also trying to perfect a clothing system for mountain hunting, in trying to create the ultimate sheep hunting package. After failing on kodiak island and spending 10 days in pouring rain I'm really starting to re think some gear choices.

That endeavor gets expensive quick. What gear let you down up in Kodiak?

I like my kifaru pack allot, I'll have to check out that other one you mentioned.

My friend bought a Sig Sauer Romeo4s for like $300 on gunbroker. It's pretty cool. 100,000 hour claimed battery life with the solar, pretty impressive.

I’m rethinking the one I posted. I might go with just a regular battery powered RDS. Looking between the Bushnell T-25 and the Primary Arms Micro Dot RBG2

Trying to find a decently rated one under $100.

That endeavor gets expensive quick. What gear let you down up in Kodiak?

I like my kifaru pack allot, I'll have to check out that other one you mentioned.

I had a hilleberg soulo tent that leaked a lot and gathered tons of condensation which made it hard to dry gear out at night and made things absolutely miserable in the mornings. That was the biggest thing....waking up in a puddle of water when you know you're heading out in the cold rain all day is BS.

I'm also trying to trim weight down, switching to a SG pack would hack 4-5lbs off my pack weight which means I could carry a more substantial shelter, more food, clothing etc.

Most of my gear performed amazingly nut the standouts were: kifaru fulcrum pack (heavy but handles loads so damn well), kimber Montana .308, thing takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Sitka timberline pants and jacket and Kuiu long underwear, pullovers, socks etc.

@spamking

I'm thinking about at least buying an Aero M5 lower (the AR10 receiver). Do you have any available and how much would you be asking for?

A good safe is next on my list. Looking to get a West Coast 22 from a place out here in Ontario.

@spamking

I'm thinking about at least buying an Aero M5 lower (the AR10 receiver). Do you have any available and how much would you be asking for?

I have a black anodized blemished lower on hand . . . that I'm still trying to find the blemish on . . . :)

If that's something you'd be interested in I'm not sure I'd be able to save you much on a blemished product. My cost plus shipping to you would be a little more than what Aero sells the blemished lowers for on their site.

I have more wiggle room on unblems . . .

I have a black anodized blemished lower on hand . . . that I'm still trying to find the blemish on . . . :)

If that's something you'd be interested in I'm not sure I'd be able to save you much on a blemished product. My cost plus shipping to you would be a little more than what Aero sells the blemished lowers for on their site.

I have more wiggle room on unblems . . .
What do you usually do for un-blemished receivers?

I'll have to think about this. Have 8 hours double time coming on my next check.

10-4 . . . usually takes me 3-5 days to get them from Aero. If you see other stuff from them that you'd want let me know.

I could get you a pretty good deal on an M5 receiver set and BCG this week . . . $475 ($520 MSRP) for anodized black receiver set and black nitride BCG or $495 ($566 MSRP) for an FDE set with the same black nitride BCG.

10-4 . . . usually takes me 3-5 days to get them from Aero. If you see other stuff from them that you'd want let me know.

I could get you a pretty good deal on an M5 receiver set and BCG this week . . . $475 ($520 MSRP) for anodized black receiver set and black nitride BCG or $495 ($566 MSRP) for an FDE set with the same black nitride BCG.
Being upfront I'd probably do the black anodized as I intend to do the paint myself with Rust Oleum so I can swap colors depending on where I am hunting super easy.

Is the upper a stripped or complete one?

Being upfront I'd probably do the black anodized as I intend to do the paint myself with Rust Oleum so I can swap colors depending on where I am hunting super easy.

Is the upper a stripped or complete one?

Set is stripped . . . they have parts kits available as well. I have a lower kit without the FCG that I'm planning to use in conjunction with a drop-in trigger on my Creedmoor build . . .

On a completely separate note, I just found out that one of my distributors has FN Five-Seven pistols in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back