Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

I will say: PFF grades can change DRAMATICALLY from sunday-monday-tuesday, like holy shit. And not just grades for one game, but their season totals. Judon was at 60.1 yesterday and is at 50 today? wtf? how many points did his one game grade have to change for that to happen? that's crazy.

Anyways... really good news for the Ravens long-term: Ronnie Stanley, our first round draft pick last year, is looking like the Franchise Left Tackle he was hoped to be.

Ravens T Ronnie Stanley puts together solid game in Week 6
BY SAM MONSON • BALTIMORE RAVENS RONNIE STANLEY • OCT 16, 2017
GettyImages-630801284.jpg
CINCINNATI, OH - JANUARY 01: Will Clarke #93 of the Cincinnati Bengals rushes as Ronnie Stanley #79 of the Baltimore Ravens blocks at Paul Brown Stadium on January 1, 2017 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)
  • Baltimore Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley put together another excellent performance, this week against the Chicago Bears, coming out of the game with an overall PFF grade of 87.3*.
  • Stanley allowed just one hurry in the game and has now allowed just two across his last 100 pass blocking snaps over the past two weeks.
  • Stanley has quietly crept up the overall tackle rankings and currently sits No. 5 overall for all tackles with a grade of 84.0, and ranking as the third-best left tackle of the 2017 season, behind only Joe Thomas (87.1) and Jason Peters (86.9).
Ronnie-Stanley-_Performance-Wk-5-6.jpg

*Grades subject to change upon review.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ravens-t-ronnie-stanley-puts-together-solid-game-in-week-6

Ryan Jensen is graded as the 3rd best Center... Austin Howard is playing like a top 15 tackle too... if ONLY WE STILL HAD YANDA, THIS LINE WOULD BE GREAT. UGH.

I'm glad we're playing a really great defense this week because, eventually, the offense has to figure out how to put a game together against an elite defense and it might as well be now. They can't go deep in the playoffs without playing a good defense and they have to be able to score. Well, now is the time to start getting it right and the weight of the season is on them so we will see what happens.

Agree 100% with that tweet on Brandon Williams' contract. Worth every penny when he plays.

I've noticed Stanley grading out well most weeks as you've posted them. That's really nice. They haven't had a consistently above average LT since Ogden's toe got destroyed.

They played poorly, but I still felt like it was a tough luck loss. Of course, that 'luck' was the Ravens having butterfingers, but still.

Minnesota will be an interesting test. With Williams and Smith(?) back they can probably keep it low scoring enough to eke one out. Jekyll and Hyde season so far though.

Literally don't care if no receivers play because I feel like they've hurt us more than they've helped, lmao. Addng Griff Whalen is a great addition, I don't know anything about him but they said he's 'sure-handed' and as long as he can catch then it's an improvement.

So we'll have Wallace, good.

"Ravens wide receiver Mike Wallace expects to play Sunday at Minnesota after missing practice Thursday. "My back is a little sore," Wallace said. "It's like a bone bruise. It should be fine for Sunday." Wallace took a helmet to the back in last Sunday's loss to Chicago. One of the most durable receivers in the league, he's missed one game in his nine seasons."

THIS is the great news. If we have Brandon Williams and Jaylen Hill, the defense will go to another level. Need Carl Davis, too, with Brent Urban out. So, fuck the offense, they can all get injured for all I care, but the defense coming back together is really exciting.

@iwhoopedbatman there is talk of Perriman going on IR and I hate to say it, but that might be good for the team. Those other receivers might not have his athletic ability and maybe they'll make some drops too, but he just NEVER shows up in the game. After he went out the offense did better against the Bears. Of course, Matthews stumbled to miss a wide open TD and Moore dropped a pass for an INT returned for a TD, but at least they got targets. I feel like I rarely even see Perriman in the game making plays and when I do they are mainly for the opposing team.

I'm not feeling as bad about the Bears game as a lot of people are because it's the 2nd week in a row that Flacco played well. As long as he is progressing, receivers will eventually catch SOME passes.

My best friend went to UCF and follows them religiously. He warned me when they drafted him that Perriman was a likely bust. His hands are just terrible.

33844f09-2ef0-4f66-99cd-c48219c869f0.png

"Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't seem too concerned about the amount of injuries at wide receiver. He pointed out how Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin have practiced this week. "We're pretty hopeful with those guys," Harbaugh said. "But it's hard to predict.""

"Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he likes the chances of defensive tackle Brandon Williams playing Sunday in Minnesota. Williams, who's been out the past four games with a foot injury, will test out the foot during pre-game warmups to make sure he's ready to play. "So far in practice, so good," Harbaugh said of Williams, who's been a full participant all week."

omgosh

JAYLEN HILL FINALLY PLAYS. I hope he starts and plays all game, but he'll probably only get a few snaps. We'll see. I think the secondary needs him.

The only good thing I have to say so far.

I feel like Marty should be fired. He runs a lot of dumb plays that are quick outs but with slow ass players, like blocking TEs, and they never work at all.

Why not try Greg Roman as OC, he can't be worse. And having receivers out isn't an excuse, they weren't producing before either.

Ravens who cares - who cares Vikings
Season: 3-4

I didn't really pay close attention to this game as I had other things on my mind. Offense looked horrible, defense wasn't completely dominant. Looked better with Brandon Williams, but there were just enough big plays and holes in the zone exploited to make the Vikings look like a functional team compared to the Ravens.

The offense simply isn't functional vs. a good defense. Maybe the lack of receivers hurt today, but, whatever, they've looked terrible with them in the game too. I want Marty gone. It's so dumb too because at the end of the season last year the offense came together and looked good at times and now it just sucks horribly.

Bad loss.

Last edited:
Well, another crap loss I missed. Listening to the radio on the way home from my game, it sounded like I don't even want to watch the replay. Sounded like Minnesota didn't even bother pushing it on offense because they had absolutely no respect for the Ravens' offense.

So who was actually playing WR today once Wallace went out in the opening minutes?

Well, another crap loss I missed. Listening to the radio on the way home from my game, it sounded like I don't even want to watch the replay. Sounded like Minnesota didn't even bother pushing it on offense because they had absolutely no respect for the Ravens' offense.

The Bears game was at least interesting. This was totally unremarkable besides seeing Brandon Williams make a couple nice plays, but they still had a big run and ran the ball effectively enough and exploited holes in our zone coverage.

I feel like something has been wrong with Eric Weddle all season and he was limping again today... but the holes in the middle of our defense aren't his fault... I don't understand why they're there this year when they weren't last year. This whole season is baffling to me.

So who was actually playing WR today once Wallace went out in the opening minutes?

Michael Campanaro, Griff Whalen (new signing), Chris Moore

even Chris Matthews was out

If they're gonna play on a Thursday, at least it's at home with Cutler out.

Back