The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

sverre054

The Juggernaut Viking
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/star-trek-discovery-v4-0-premieres-sept-24-2017.3536043/

Time for a new Star Trek discussion thread! After starting years ago as the "why is there new star trek tv series" thread, after many thousands of posts, we move onto version 5.0. Star Trek Discovery has finally premiered, so use this thread to discuss all things Discovery, and about all the other versions of Star Trek

star_trek_logo.jpg

Here is the now famous first F-bomb in Trek

I love the show. If the quality continues, it'll join The Expanse as my favorite new sci-fi series

Nitpicking. Episode 4, Commander Landry didn't have to die needlessly since she could have ordered the computer to open a small hole in Ripper's chambers. In episode 5, Rainn Wilson's monologue introduction was so forced.

I find myself looking forward to Sundays more and more now. I'd like to see an episode from the point of view of Stammets.

little late to the party but damn, what a shit show

the main character seems like she learned nothing from vulcan school, she is more emotional than all the other humans on the ship

little late to the party but damn, what a shit show

the main character seems like she learned nothing from vulcan school, she is more emotional than all the other humans on the ship

The point could be made that given what she learned from Sarek about Vulcan-Klingon relations, her mutiny seemed to be the logical choice.

However, her intervention on behalf of the tardigrade with Lorca gone might be seen differently; after all, Vulcan belief seems to be that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few;* Lorca being the leader that is at the forefront of the Federation's war effort might be considered someone the needs of the many need saved.

* Admittedly, we simply do not know enough about the tardigrade. Given its level of WiFi conection with the universe, this assumption might not hold true.

Most of the DS9 cast and crew got back together for a special photo shoot for variety. It will be for a article talking about DS9 25th anniversary

ds9-varietyprev-1.jpg

Aron Eisenberg (Nog)

Ira Steven Behr (Executive Producer)

Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat)

Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisco)

Michael Dorn (Worf)

Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax)

Nana Visitor (Major Kira)

Armin Shimerman (Quark)

Nicole De Boer (Ezri Dax)

Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, Brunt)

Rick Berman (Executive Producer)

Rene Auberjonois (Odo)

Penny Johnson Jerald (Kasidy Yates)

Chase Masterson (Leeta)

Avery Brooks, Colm Meany, and Alexander Siddig are missing from the shoot.

alright so im currently on episode 4. i wasnt liking the captain at all, and her english sounded very un-natural. im glad there is a new captain, now im liking things a lot more. the new captain seems more dark and risky, im liking him.

i didnt think i was going to like the show but since the big fight between the clingons ive enjoyed it a lot more.. star trek always needs more space battles so im glad they got in a good one

Klingon Evolution
(courtesy of my Trek friends)

Genuine Klingon:
01.png

Mark 2 Klingon (Very Rare, only seen once):
02.png

Klingon Mark 3 (very common):
03.png

Klingon Mark 4:
04.jpg

Klingon Mark 5 (also know as the "that Nosferatu looking bastard", displacing the Remans in that role):
05.png

@Overpressure:

If you're just looking for "that TNG vibe", watch Orville.

If you are a Star Trek fan, watch both.

Discovery is not a show you'll instantly fall in love with if you are just expecting a continuation of TNG/DS9/VOY. Instead, to me, it becomes increasingly clear you need to watch the whole season before passing judgement because they seem to take this 'season-long story arc' thing very seriously.

It seemed unnecessary and not very funny. It definitely lacks the charm of Kirk's "double dumbass on you" or Data's "oh, shit."

While I agree here, does this mean you've watched all episides?

@Overpressure:

If you're just looking for "that TNG vibe", watch Orville.

If you are a Star Trek fan, watch both.

Discovery is not a show you'll instantly fall in love with if you are just expecting a continuation of TNG/DS9/VOY. Instead, to me, it becomes increasingly clear you need to watch the whole season before passing judgement because they seem to take this 'season-long story arc' thing very seriously.
Well, obviously, I'm gonna watch both.
There isn't a ST series yet I haven't given a chance.
I tell people to watch Ent, people think it was awful shit. It was better than that.

It definitely does not mean that. I only commented on what I saw in the clip...

Oh.

How could you assess whether it seemed unnecessary within the context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back