Reebok Boxing Boots Review

OGdel

Crispy Chicken
@White
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, posting a review on Reebok boxing boots.

I got them in September on sale for around $80 and selected expedited shipping. The only thing that was fast about shipping was how fast they took my money. Took them a little bit more than a week for me to receive them, with expedited shipping, which they claim 2-3 business days (I ordered on Monday and got them the next Wednesday).
reebok shoes.jpg reebok2.jpg reebok3.jpgreebok4.jpg reebok5.jpg
First impressions:
Looks: 9/10
They look great, real sleek. Just a tiny bit of glue around the sole. Well, I might just be whining, I did singe off ALL the loose threads I could find on a pair of Winnings (OCD).

Feel: 8.5/10
Really light. No complaints on weight. Materials used feel durable, but only time will tell. Been a month and no signs of any issue.

Fit: 9.5/10
Sizing, big risk people. I went up half a size (10.5) and I am very happy with the room I have for my toes. If you want references, I wear Stan Smith size 10, Asics sneakers size 10. My feet are not super wide, but not narrow either. So I would say, when in doubt, half a size up.

Moving on to the review, I wore them everyday. I wore them to class, for road work, and in sleep. Someone told me you will be like Money Floyd if you wore these long enough. Just kidding, I only use them when I am training for boxing. To be honest, I do not know how to review shoes, I might as well try to be like Brad Hall.

It ties down really well. Lots of laces left after tightening the whole shoe. I wrap them around my ankles/shin to really secure them. The strap is kind of useless in my opinion. Either my ankles are too thin or the strap does not have enough velcro to fully cinch down, leaving a long flapping strap on the side of the shoe. When I am jumping rope, the strap gets really annoying as it gets caught with the ropes, especially when I am doing criss-cross. Or I just suck at jump rope :p
Traction is good enough for when you are shuffling, walking and changing directions. The grip is not so much to the point where you cannot pivot.The sole has not shown any major wears, so it should last you a decent amount of time (considering you do not use them on jagged concrete).

Final Score: 8.5/10
-1.0 for not enough velcro for strap
-0.5 for finish, not major though
+/- high top, takes time to lace them up

Better shoes than regular sneakers. Boxing shoes really do help improve footwork and movement. If you want to get serious with boxing, grab a pair of boxing shoes/boots. Maybe if I found a pair of Adidas Box Hogs, I might have bought those instead. If you find it a hassle to lace shoes, do not get high tops like these. Certain scenarios, I get pissed off at the laces, too. For ease of putting them on/off, I would get low tops or mid tops. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, if I bought the shoes at their original price I feel like I could have maybe got something a little bit better for the money.

Last edited:
Seems like a good shoe. They breathe real well too?

Overall, I am happy with my purchase, if I bought the shoes at their original price I feel like I could have maybe got something a little bit better for the money.

What would you have bought if you went with a new brand?

Seems like a good shoe. They breathe real well too?

What would you have bought if you went with a new brand?
Yeah they are fairly breathable. Not saying you can blow air through them, but enough to keep your feet comfortable in most conditions.

I probably would have bought the Adidas Box Hog or if I had more money, Nike KOs. Sadly I could not find my size and a reliable seller so I just went with the Reebok's.

The laces (not this shoe specifically, high top boots in general) are sort of ticking me off now. It takes so much to lace them up and untie them afterwards. Maybe I should have went with mid and low top shoes (low if you are sure you won't break your ankles lol). B. Hopkins wears the Asics Aggressors 3 if I recall. Those are pretty nice, yet just out of my budget. Y-3 makes low top boxing shoes, but I am not sure how good they are.

Last edited:
Back