SNES Classic

I vaguely remember one of the Breath of Fire RPG games had a mini fishing game. I don't remember if the point was to get bigger fish to eat for HP or to sell for gold.

You are very astute! Breath of Fire II. I own it. I'm not sure what the point of fishing was either, but it was fun. Haven't played it in over 2 decades. Great game.

any old school SNES or NES player just plays every modern game on the most difficult setting.

#youthinkthatshard?

people that think call of duty is hard dont understand that in Megaman your big toe was either life or death

You are very astute! Breath of Fire II. I own it. I'm not sure what the point of fishing was either, but it was fun. Haven't played it in over 2 decades. Great game.

I went fishing with a guy in FF3/6. He died and i went on to save the world. Spoiler alert.

any old school SNES or NES player just plays every modern game on the most difficult setting.

#youthinkthatshard?

people that think call of duty is hard dont understand that in Megaman your big toe was either life or death
When the 3DS eShop Megaman collection was on sale dirt cheap, I bought that. I cleared one level of Megaman 1, and got stuck at the start of another level where there's those moving trapdoor platforms! I vaguely remember Megaman 1 was the stinker of the bunch.

What do you mean? The emulator that the classic comes with? There’s a million other emulator programs, just use one of those.
Not knowing anything, I'd assume the official Nintendo emulator is the best?

Good list I was gonna start another seperate thread to see what others top snes titles are but thought it might get merged

Today I added

Bomberman 1 - 5
Super Star Wars Trilogy
Bust-a-move
Tetris Attack
Spiderman and Venom Max Carnage
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Super Tennis
Turtles in Time
Turtles Tournament Fighters
Super Swiv
Super Aleste
SUPER R-TYPE
R-TYPE III
Gradius III
Axelay
Killer Instinct
Chrono Trigger
The Death and return of Superman
Metal Warriors
Alien 3
Pocky and Rocky 2
Earthworm Jim
Earthbound
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Really?
Now I'm interested.

I played pocky and rocky 2 yesterday for my first time. What an unbelievably fun gAme

Still no trace of any SNES Classic at Target, Walmart, Best Buy.

Still no trace of any SNES Classic at Target, Walmart, Best Buy.
Do you follow Wario64 on Twitter?
He posts video game deals and is pretty much has first notifications whenever the classic comes back in stock.
Don't expect to ever get one online though. You're gonna need to go to a store most likely

I don't know what that is.
RetroPie-Arcade.jpg

Its a little computer, and people use them for a number of things including as an emulation machine which you can hook upto your tv and play.

Have a look through this for an idea https://retropie.org.uk/

How about they build the original Super Nintendo but with a HDMI port and wireless controllers, and have the cartridge that comes with it be packed with all the games. That way the console can play all the old cartridges games. Instead of selling a cheap emulator that you can get for your fucking computer.

How about they build the original Super Nintendo but with a HDMI port and wireless controllers, and have the cartridge that comes with it be packed with all the games. That way the console can play all the old cartridges games. Instead of selling a cheap emulator that you can get for your fucking computer.
Why is it important to you that the game must ran on real hardware instead of emulated?

I'm asking this because I really think the ability to save/load states makes the games more casual, you can play something for 15 minutes today and continue wherever you were tomorrow.

The Sega Genesis for example is being sold here in Brazil in his original case, by Sega's official representative (Tectoy), where you can play 30 classics that come on its memory and a slot where you can put more .SMD games on you (presumably every other game), but since the Genesis FM sound chip have ended its production more than a decade ago they had to use a different sound IC, so the sound kinda sounds the same, whilee the emulator's version is perfect. And by the way is quite expensive, circa 120 USD here in Brazil is pretty pricy for a 90's video game.

Last but most important: If you want to have the perfect video-game experience you can buy a flash card, which is a cartridge compatible to the system (I have one for Sega Master System) that reads files from a SD card and emulate the cartridge itself for the real hardware (which you can find used on Ebay).

So why do you think NES has such a bigger/hardcore fandom than SNES?

What do you mean?
Whenever I go to sites like NintendoAge or anything about retrogaming the NES stuff always gets more views, more replies, and just generally seems to have left a much greater cultural footprint, both with the people from that era and the new age hipsters.

Whenever I go to sites like NintendoAge or anything about retrogaming the NES stuff always gets more views, more replies, and just generally seems to have left a much greater cultural footprint, both with the people from that era and the new age hipsters.

Not sure. For me personally it's because I grew up with an NES and never had an SNES. So when the NES classic came out last year I was super pumped to pick one up. For the SNES it had no nostalgia for me, but I picked one up anyway, largely to experience one 25+ years later to see what I missed.

Almost finished with Secret of Mana. Got to the underwater continent. Still a fun game but my god is the story so bad. Cringey dialogue and next to no plot.

The damage queueing is annoying af too, as is some of the bosses where your weapons can be completely ineffectual or they will spam you with cheap attacks. The queueing really slows down the pace with magic too. Especially Undines Frost Saber. Fuck using that spell unless you just want to run through an area.

Charging weapons past 1 or 2 seems really pointless too. It really sucks to charge that long just for a crit or to have you attack flub or be evaded.

Love Balloon. Best, status, effect, ever.

Back